• Published 23rd Mar 2015
  • 1,496 Views, 10 Comments

Ponies & Keyblades II: Return to Equestria - GoneGuy



Sora returns to Equestria to face a growing threat.

  • ...
5
 10
 1,496

8. Princesses

Train Compartment
Equestria

"So, Tirek.... just who is this joker anyway?"

"I'm not sure, Sora. But from what Princess Celestia says, he's extremely dangerous."

"Well, I've tackled dangerous foes before. Voldemort, Scar, Oogie Boogie, Maleficent - and thanks to my friends, I bested them all. Tirek shouldn't be any different."

"Well, don't get too cocky, Sora."

"Don't worry. The keyblade's chosen one AND an alicorn princess? We can take him."

"I hope so."

"Sora," Jiminy shouted as he jumped out of Sora's pocket, "I've been doing research on this Tirek fella, and from what I understand, his brother was friends with a famous unicorn wizard here, Star-Swirl the Bearded."

"Star-Swirl the Bearded? I know a lot about him."

"Do tell, Twilight."

Twilight, Sora, and Jiminy continued their discussion as the train pulled into Canterlot station and on their way to Canterlot Castle. They entered the main hall and were immediately whisked away by a pink pony with a multi-colored mane.

"Sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake! Clap your hooves and do a little shake!" Twilight and Cadance sang as they greeted one another in the room she took them too. In the middle of the room stood the other two Princesses of Equestria, Celestia and Luna.

"Your highnesses, it is good to see you again."

"Indeed it is, Sora. How have Riku and Kairi been?" Luna inquired.

"They've been fine, but we've all been forced to work very much lately."

"Well, then we are very sorry to have dragged you back into our world like this." Celestia added.

"Believe me, Princess, it's no trouble at all. Oh, and King Mickey sends his highest regards."

"Wonderful. When you see him again, please do the same for us."

"I will."

"Excellent. Now I'm afraid we must begin serious discussion. Will everyone please gather around the table?"

The four princesses and the young keyblade wielder all stood around the table, and Celestia began.

"Tirek and his brother Scorpan came here from a distant land, intent on stealing Equestrian magic. But Scorpan soon came to appreciate the ways of Equestria, even befriending a young unicorn named Star-Swirl the Bearded."

Luna spoke up as the story continued.

"Scorpan urged his brother to abandon their plans. When Tirek refused, Scorpan alerted us to Tirek's intentions. Scorpan returned to his own land, and Tirek was sent to Tarturus for his crimes."

Celestia spoke up again.

"But it appears that he has found a way to escape. We believe it was when Cerberus left his post at the gates."

"Cerberus!" Sora shouted, "but... but... I thought he lived in the Underworld of Olympus Coliseum! Could... could there be another Cerberus here?"

"Yes, Sora." Celestia said, "It is as you have said before, there can be more than one of anything. Just as you told us of the existences of more than one London, there can be multiples of people and ponies as well. In fact, long ago, we stumbled upon a mirror that lead to a world identical to ours in many ways... but the residents of the world, while they shared our names and personalities, even some of our images, they were not the same as we were. The mirror to that world has since been lost to time."

"But, going back to Tirek," Twilight began, "that was a long time ago. Why is he just now starting to steal magic?"

"His time in Tartarus left him very weak," Celestia continued, "he has just now gained enough strength to use his dark powers."

"But with each passing moment, he grows stronger still." Luna added.

"And I know just the princess and Keyblade wielder to stop him," Cadance finished.

"Of course. Sora and I will-"

"No, Twilight. I am afraid we cannot risk that. We must call on another to help us. Sora, you shall be working with Discord."

"Discord?!" The others all shouted in unison.

"Yes. Now, Sora, Twilight, you must return to Ponyville. I shall have Discord contact you when the time comes."

"Yes, Princess."

The meeting was dismissed, and Sora and Twilight rode home on the train in silence.

Princess Celestia's Private Library
Canterlot Castle
Canterlot, Equestria

"What is it you want me to do, Celestia?"

"I need you to track down Tirek. Once you do, make him believe that you would be a valuable asset to him. Work with him and gain his trust. Then report back to me. Do not put Equestria in unnessessary danger."

"Alright. And what will I do with Sora?"

"You will help him hunt down Tirek once he has earned your trust. We have reason to believe Tirek will rise to a very high level of power. When he does, come see me for your next set of orders."

"As you wish, Princess."

Discord gave a bow to the alicorn, and prepared to teleport away, but Celestia shouted to him one final thing.

"Give them some time before you drop in on them. They need to be able to figure this out first.

"Will do. I'll just go have some fun for a few hours."

Time Turner's Home
Ponyville, Equestria

A brief flash of light occured as the machine brought the Doctor back to his own time. He trotted out of his basement and into his living room, noticing a lamp had been misplaced.

"I wonder how that could've happened..."

Time Turner picked up a small watch out of his drawer, and punched a few small dials, and began to speak into the small microphone in his watch.

"Sunset Shimmer, Vinyl Scratch, Ms. Hooves, I need you to come back to my home immediately."

"On my way!"

"Be there shortly!"

"I'll bring the muffins!"

He pressed the buttons again and the watch stopped beeping, as he returned it to the drawer.