• Published 23rd Mar 2015
  • 1,496 Views, 10 Comments

Ponies & Keyblades II: Return to Equestria - GoneGuy



Sora returns to Equestria to face a growing threat.

  • ...
5
 10
 1,496

7. The Past/Crusader Investigators (Part 2)

Sugarcube Corner
Ponyville, Equestria

"I'm not... feelin' so hot..."

Spike's mouth opened as a small green flame erupted from it, forming a small scroll with the royal symbol of Princess Celestia on it.

"Ugh... a letter from the Princess? It's been a long time since we've had one of those."

Twilight began to read the letter, as a look of panic began to form on her face.

"Sora, you and I are requested by Princess Celestia to meet her in Canterlot."

"How does she always know I'm here..?"

"I don't know, but the letter sounds urgent. We need to take the next train."

"Hold on, sugarcube. We're comin' too."

"No. It only asks for Sora and myself. It is of the utmost importance that only we go."

Sora and Twilight galloped to the train station, talking as they ran.

"What's the matter, Twi?"

"Princess Celestia says yet another foe from Equestria's past has resurfaced. Only this time, he's even more dangerous than Discord was."

"Just like old times, I guess."

"We don't have time for joking, Sora."

"So who is this villain?"

"She says his name is Tirek."

"Tirek? Just that name gives me shivers."

Time Turner's House
Ponyville, Equestria

"This had better be worth my time, Sunset Shimmer. You interrupted my concentration."

"It is. According to my source, Sora and Twilight Sparkle are heading to Canterlot to speak with Princess Celestia."

"And this is important why?"

"Because," she continued, "somepony named Tirek has begun to rise to power."

"T-tirek? But how.... I thought he.... no...."

"Yes. He is returning."

"Leave my home this instant. I must get back to my research immediately."

Sunset Shimmer and her group left Time Turner's home, and began on their ways back to their houses.

"I wonder what has him so shook up..." Derpy thought aloud.

Outside Time Turner's House
Ponyville, Equestria

"Tirek? Who in the hay is that?"

"I dunno, Apple Bloom."

"I think we should continue investigating, girls. Let's sneak inside and see what Time Turner is up to."

"Scootaloo, if we get caught, we'll be in deep trouble for sure!"

"I know Apple Bloom, but if we stumble onto something important , it might help us end up saving Ponyville!"

"Scootaloo's right. I don't like where this is going, but if we can do our part to help, then we should."

"Won't Ms. Cherilee be proud!"

The three Cutie Mark Crusaders entered through Time Turner's open window just in time to see him entering his basement, leaving the door just wide enough open for them to squeeze through.

"Quiet..."

The trio of fillies hid underneath a table, watching in awe at the large machine in front of them.

'Set the date for 1200 years ago...." Time Turner began, "Speed of travel at 100 years a second...."

"What's he talkin' about?"

"Shhh!"

Time Turner finished fiddling with the dials, buttons, and levers, and entered the machine's small door. The room inside was no bigger than a closet, and it only had one feature on the inside; a large red button, which he then pressed.

Sparks began to fly, while things frizzled and cracked with electrical energy, and in a huge flash, Time Turner had disappeared.

"WHOA!"

"How did he-"

"That was so cool!"

"Where'd he go?"

"Girls, I think we better mosey on outta here..."

The Crusaders ran fast as they could back up the steps and out the window, nearly knocking over a lamp on their way out.

Unknown Location
Equestria

"A cup of tea will soothe your nerves, Scorpan."

"Thank you, Star-Swirl."

"Do you perchance have one for me?"

"Time Turner! It has been a long time since we've seen you. Of course, please have a seat. I'll prepare another cup for you."

"It is truly good to see you, Time Turner. Tell me, how are things in your time?"

"Not well, Scorpan. You see, mysterious monsters known as Heartless have appeared. And a monster from this time period has risen again."

"No... you do not mean..."

"Yes, Scorpan. Your brother, Tirek, is wreaking havoc on ponykind once again. He has made it his quest to steal Equestrian Magic and wreak chaos throughout the world."

"I-I really thought the two princesses could keep him sealed forever."

"It appears as though that is not the case. It also seems that the Heartless are trying to ally themselves with Tirek. But fortunately, the young key-bearer is in Equestria again."

"The key-bearer... It has been a long time since I have heard that term as well."

"Yes, Star-Swirl, I'm sure it has been."

"Tell me, what is Yen Sid like in your time?"

"Yen Sid? Oh, he is not the key-bearer I speak of. The new key-bearer is a young boy named Sora. His heart is very strong."

"I see. Then it is of the utmost importance that he is kept safe."

Star-Swirl the Bearded left the room for a moment, and returned with a book marked with unconceivable letters.

"Give the boy and his friends this book. This may help them defeat Tirek."

"Thank you. I shall do as you asked. Now, my time in this era grows short, for now. I will be forced to return to my time in a few moments. Thank you for the tea."

"You are quite welcome. Oh, and by the way."

"Yes?"

"When you meet that new young alicorn princess... tell her I'm proud of her."

The Doctor faded from the time period he had visited as Scorpan and Star-Swirl the Bearded finished their tea and continued their conversation.

"I certainly hope the key-bearer can help Equestria. I would hate to see my brother destroy all that the ponies have worked so hard for. It would be a shame."

"It certainly would be...."