• Published 11th May 2012
  • 3,878 Views, 59 Comments

Bookmarks and Sweatbands - Frizzy

  • ...
9
 59
 3,878

Slumber Party

Invitations sent?

Check.

Food?

Check.

Games?

Check.

Movies?

Check.

Slumber 101?

Check.

Spines out of the house so that she won't interrupt any male bonding?

Check.

Triple check the checklist to be sure nothing was forgotten that could potentially ruin this slumber party?

Check.

"Well, that's everything." Dusk said, sighing contentedly. He had worked tirelessly today to prepare for this sleepover, making sure that nothing could go wrong. Nothing. "Well, nothing to do but wait for my friends to arrive." Dusk had been waiting for this night all week. This was going to be his first slumber party where all of his friends would be coming, and (according to his careful calculations) because there was going to be twice the number of ponies, it would mean that the fun would be doubled. "This is going to be so much fun!" The unicorn shouted.

"I know!" Bubble Berry said, appearing out of one of the bookshelves.

After recovering from his mini heart attack, Dusk managed to regain speech control. "Bubble Berry! *huff* How the hay *wheeze* did you do that!?"

"I dunno!" Was the pink party pony's reply. Suddenly he sneezed five times in rapid succession. For some odd reason this made his smile even bigger. "According to my Bubble Sense, the others should be arriving just about now!" Bubble Sense never failing, at that moment the rest of the circle of friends arrived through the front door of the library. After a quick exchange of greetings, the slumber party picked up in full swing.

After a few hours of games, movies, and snacks, the ponies began to grow tired, and decided to get ready for bed. "Hey guys?" Bubble asked, laying down on his sleeping bag. "I'm curious: who was the first pony you had a crush on?"

"Uh, Bubble?" Rainbow Blitz asked. "Isn't that, you know, something little fillies talk about?"

"Rainbow," Elusive said, buttoning up his silk pajamas. "You are a grown stallion at a slumber party. You can't be questioning your masculinity in such a matter."

Blitz snorted. "Fine, but I'm not going first! Bubble, your idea, you go first."

"Okay!" The hyperactive stallion replied (a little too loudly). "My family sent me to live with the Cakes shortly after I got my Cutie Mark because they thought my special talent would be better used in a town, and when I first met Mrs. Cake I thought she was the prettiest mare ever! And that's why the Cakes lock their bedroom door at night!" Bubble said, grinning.

"Really, Bubble?" Blitz asked, trying to repress his giggles. "Mrs. Cake? Isn't she kinda fat?"

"To you maybe," Bubble said. "But I think she's soft and squishy like bread dough. Ooh! We should totally bake some bread tonight! That would be so much fun!" The pink stallion started hopping up and down in place like an excited foal on Hearth's Warming.

"Er, maybe some other time." Elusive said, apprehensively. "For my first crush it would have be a little filly I went to school with named Diamond Bedazzle. That filly really new her fashion." Rainbow Blitz and Applejack were both failing to repress their giggling. "Oh really, you two? Why do you find it so funny that I took an interest in a filly with similar tastes as myself? Why don't you two tell us your stories then? It's only fair."

"Okay then, Ah will!" Applejack said, standing up to tell his story. "When Ah was livin' with mah aunt and uncle in Manehattan, they used to drag me out to fancy parties n' auctions n' such. Anyways, at one exceptionally boring dinner party Ah noticed a little Pegasus filly just 'bout mah age, and seein' as we're were the only foals there, Ah decided to try and have some fun with her. Ah went over n' introduced mahself, and found out her name was Glidin. Me and her both hated these types of parties, and decided to sneak outside and race each other. Neither of our families were too pleased about how dirty we got. Even after Ah left we kept in contact. Now she's in the Wonderbolts. The end." Applejack said, smugly.

"Wait!" Rainbow shouted. "You've been in contact with a Wonderbolt for years, and didn't even tell me!?"

"Yes Ah have." Applejack said, exasperated. "Ah can introduce y'all if ya like, but first, it's yer turn to tell us about your first crush."

"Okay, I will!" Blitz said. "When me and Butterscotch were in flight school, there was this one filly named Firefly, who was super hot and fast and awesome, and I never worked up the courage to talk to her, cuz I was slightly less awesome than I am now. The end, happy?" Rainbow Blitz huffed, crossing his forelegs. All five of his friends nodded.

Butterscotch was the next to speak up. "Well, um, I also had a crush on Firefly. She was just so nice to me. One day I went to ask her out on a d-date, and, well... Um..."

"Go on, Butterscotch." Elusive coaxed. "Nopony's going to judge you."

Taking a deep breath, the yellow pony continued. "I went up to her, stammered 'I l-l-love y-you', then flew away in tears." The shy Pegasus was beginning to develop tears in his eyes. Rainbow Blitz wrapped his oldest friend in a tight hug.

"Hey, man, it's okay. If it makes you feel any better, you were braver than me, and got further than I did." The headstrong Pegasus gently stroked the other's pink mane.

"Y-you're right." Butterscotch sniffled. "I was braver than Rainbow Blitz!" The yellow Pegasus squee'd (in the most masculine way possible, might I add). "I was braver than Rainbow Blitz!" The other five stallions clapped their hooves in excitement.

Now it was Dusk's turn to speak. "Go on, sugarcube. Yer turn." Applejack said.

The erudite unicorn gulped. "I, uh, well..." He stammered.

"Yeeees?" Blitz asked, leaning in closer. Dusk Shine mumbled something. "What was that, Dusky? Couldn't quite hear ya."

"Prince Solaris!" Dusk blurted, blushing a deep shade of red. He squeezed his eyes shut tight in embarrassment.

"Well..." Elusive said. "I guess that makes sense, seeing as how Dusk has always loved learning, it would make sense that you would develop feelings for the teacher with whom you were closest."

"You- you don't think I'm weird?" Dusk asked, opening his eyes.

"Of course not, silly!" Bubble Berry exclaimed. "Why wouldn't you like the prince? He's so kind and brave and smart and stuff! And if it's about him being a stallion, we all know how Blitz is, and we still like him all the same!"

Dusk sighed with relief. "Thanks guys. I'm glad I finally got that off my chest." The egghead yawned. "Well, it's pretty late. I'm gonna go to bed. Good night!"

After a chorus of 'Good night's, everypony went to bed. I don't know how to end this chapter.

Author's Note:

Well, it's been awhile since the last update. I intended to have this up by Thanksgiving, and now it's February. Sorry if this chapter seems weird, but I need it to get the story flowing. And hey, it's better than no chapter, right?