• Published 11th May 2012
  • 3,879 Views, 59 Comments

Bookmarks and Sweatbands - Frizzy

  • ...
9
 59
 3,879

Crashing

Berry's party was in full swing now. DJ BRON-3's new track was cranked to 11, and everypony was dancing and having a great time. Well, not everypony.

Rainbow Blitz sat alone at a table, quietly sipping his cider. It was just so weird that all of his friends had known, and hadn't told him that they knew. Of course he would have lied if they brought it up (at least until he had been ready to come clean). It was just so weird.

This party wasn't helping him either. He had expected Berry to have this crazy idea, but he hadn't expected him to do it immeadiately. He didn't even see the point in having this party. It's not like he had done anything spectacular. Right now, he just wanted to go home, and sleep til noon.

Draining his mug, he wandered over to Berry. "Hey, Berry. Just wanted to tell you I'm gonna head out. Thanks for the party and everything. Good night."

"Good night, Blitzy!" Berry said, enthusiastically. "Ya wanna go out pranking tomorrow?"

Blitz scratched the back of his head. "No thanks, Berry. I just wanna spend a quiet day at home tomorrow. Well, see ya!" Blitz said, heading out into the cool nigh air. Right now he just wanted to get home.

A heavy rain began to fall. "Aw, shit!" Blitz shouted. "I forgot that there was a storm scheduled for tonight." Flying in a storm always sucked. Your feathers got soaked, it was cold, and it was dangerous. Not even the fun kind of dangerous. It was never fun,and it was best to be avoided whenever possible. Unfortuntely for Blitz, there was no way around it. He had to get home, and his home was up. It would be best just to get home as quickly as he could.

Blitz took to the air, rain obscuring his vision. Everything was blurry. He couldn't see where he was going. All he saw was large, indistinct shapes. The wind was begining to pick up. Blitz was buffeted by the strong gust. 'I just gotta make it home.' He thought. 'Stupid storm!'

A particularly strong gust knocked him way off course. Everything happened so fast he didn't know what was happening. He heard the shattering of glass, felt pain, and saw black. 'This is gonna suck in the morning.' He thought as he slipped into unconciousness.

...

"Looks like the storms really starting to pick up." Dusk said, as he helped Berry, Butterscotch, and Elusive clean up. Applejack had left soon after the party began because he had work in the morning. "I think it would be best if I went home. Good night, guys." He opened the door to Sugarcube Corner, and was pelted with freezing cold rain water. Thankfully he didn't live far from the bakery.

Dusk set out on a quick trot, trying to get home as fast as he could. As he approached the library, something felt off. There was something weird about the feeling he got as he approached the large tree. 'Maybe I had a bit too much cider.' He mused.

He opened the large wooden front door, and stepped in a puddle. 'Crap! I left a window open!' Then he noticed it: the glass door to his balcony was shattered. In front of it, lay the bloody mess of Rainbow Blitz. Rushing to his friend's side, he immeadiately began to inspect the injuries. Just a few cuts and bruises, nothing serious.

Quickly fixing the window and evaporating the large puddle on the floor, he picked up his friend and laid him out on the couch. "You really should have asked to stay with one of us, Blitz. You know it's dangerous to fly in these conditions." This caused the sleeping Pegasus to groan. "At least you're alright. Good night, Blitz." Placing a blanket over his friend, Dusk made his way towards his own bedroom. It had been a long day, and all he really wanted right now was some sleep.

...

Blitz awoke the next morning just as the sun was rising. He had never gotten up this early before in his life! His head throbbed with a hangover. "Ugh, never again!" He said, sitting up. What happened last night? He didn't even remember getting home. 'Wait a minute... where am I?'!'

Looking around, he soon began to notice the familiar sight of the library. Dusk walked into the room at that precise moment. "Heyya, Dusk."

"Morning, Blitz"

"So, uh... Do you know what the fuck happened last night?" Blitz sheepishly asked.

"From what I can tell, you tried to fly home, and ended up crashing through my window. You really should have asked to stay with one of us. You know we don't like you flying in such horrible conditions. What if something really bad happened to you last night?" Dusk said, giving a hurt look to his friend.

"Look, Dusk, I'm sorry. I honestly thought I could make it home. I promise to ask one of you guys for help next time." Blitz replied, trying to show that he wouldn't make as many stupid decisions in the future.

"Apology accepted. I was just about to get some breakfast. Why don't you come with me?"

Blitz's stomach gave a loud groan. "Sounds like a plan, chief." He said, jumping out of the couch.

"C'mon," Dusk said. "I know a great diner around the corner."