• Published 11th May 2012
  • 3,878 Views, 59 Comments

Bookmarks and Sweatbands - Frizzy

  • ...
9
 59
 3,878

Well... This is Awkward

Rainbow Blitz touched down in front of Sugarcube Corner. Tonight was the night. The night he came clean with everyone. The night he stopped living a lie. He had been putting this off for weeks now. Hell, he'd been putting it off for his whole freaking life. Tonight he would just be done with it, and have one more thing to cross off of his bucket list

Why was it so damn difficult? Saving the world? That was easy? Pulling off a Sonic Rainboom? Piece of cake. Telling his closest friends his deepest darkest secret? That was impossible! He had put it off for far too long. He had to do it tonight. No more procrastinating. "C'mon Blitz, you can do this! Stallion up and do it already!" He scolded himself.

Blitz gulped. The journey of one thousand miles begins with the first step. Time to make his. He slowly raised his hoof, and took a step. That wasn't so hard. He'd even go as far as to call it easy. He took another step. Blitz's nerves faded. He could do this. He held his head high as he pushed open the door to the bakery. He was practically dripping awesomenss as he entered the bakery. His senses were immeadiately assaulted with sweet smells and bright colors. Cakes, cupcakes, muffins, and pies were on display, and made his mouth water. Unfortunately, he couldn't have one right now. That wouldhave to be for later. He looked around the small shop, and saw his friends sitting in a corner booth. Just where they agreed to meet.

He walked over to the booth, and greeted them. "Hey, guys." They warmly returned his greeting. "So, uh... you guys might be wondering why I asked you guys to meet me here." Oh, Solaris, please, just let Eris escape from her stone prison and wreak havoc on Equestria just so he could put off having to give this speech. 'I've helped save the world three freaking times! You owe me!' He thought to himself.

"Well of course we are! Your note said it was important." Elusive said. His highly fashionable friend sounded concerned. Maybe he was worried that something bad was going to happen.

"Yeah, did you finally get accepted to the Wonderbolts, Blitzy?" Berry Bubble asked. Berry was shaking with excitement at what was to come. Or maybe he had had too much sugar. Or because it was one of those mysteries about Berry that no one knew the answer to. Berry Bubble was Berry Bubble.

"Yeah, Blitz, you can tell us anything. We're your friends. We're here for you, and always will be." Dusk Shine reassurred him. Hearing it from Dusk motivated him the most. He didn't know why, but Dusk always seemed to brighten his mood no matter how crappy he had been feeling.

'Focus on one thing at a time, Blitz!'

"Well, uh... you see..." Blitz began. This was the moment he was dreading. This might just hurt the relationship he had with all of his friends. He was sweating bullets just at the thought of what he was about to do. It was, like, a bajillion degrees in here. His stomach had tied itself into a knot, making him feel like he was gonna puke. It was now or never.

"I'm... Gay." Blitz winced. Now the time had come. Time for the "That's sick an unnatural" speeches. The "It's okay if you're gay, just keep it to yourself" speeches. The "Stay away from me forever" speeches. What happened next shocked Blitz.

"Well it's about damn time!" Applejack shouted. "Jeez, we were begining to wonder when you were finally gonna tell us. Ya know it's not healthy to keep that sorta stuff bottled up."

"W-wait! You knew!?" Blitz asked, dumbfounded.

"Well of course we knew." Elusive said. "You aren't the most subtle of ponies. We can read you like a book. Plus, you know... Rainbows."

"Not to mention the way I see you lookin' at my flanks when I'm buckin' apples. Don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talkin' about." Applejack said. Rainbow looked away, his face turning from cyan to crimson in point ten seconds flat.

"And I saw the magazine you had under your mattress at flight camp. I didn't want to tell you because I don't like confrontation." Butterscotch said, hiding behind his pink mane.

"And I know what you read in the library when you think I'm not looking. It would be a lot harder to notice if you actually put the books back in their proper places when you're done with them. Foals come into the library, and I would appreciate it if they weren't exposed to that. I hate having to explain it to parents." Dusk said.

"Also, there's that one time me and you got super drunk that one time and you told me!" Berry said, smiling wide at Blitz. He was definitely going to have to take it easier on the cider from now on.

'Damn you, Applejack! Why must your cider be so deliciously awesome!?'

"So... you're not mad at me?" Blitz asked.

"Naw, just a mite disappointed that it took you this long to tell us. You've got nothin' to be ashamed of, sugarcube. Why would we be mad at ya?" Applejack said, placing a hoof on his friend's shoulder.

Blitz looked at each one of his friends, tears in his eyes. "Thanks, guys. It means so much to me that you understand." He then pulled them all into a tight hug.

"Hey, you know what this calls for?" Berry asked, rhetorically. They all knew the answer. A party. "A party!"

Suddenly, a banner appeared on the wall that read, 'Congratulations, Blitzy, on coming out of the closet. Took you long enough, silly!' "You have no idea how long I've wanted to use this banner! I've had it, for like, ever! I was afraid I was never going to get to use it!"

"Well..." Blitz said, rubbing the back of his head. "This is awkward."

AUTHOR'S NOTES: I think I used too much mustard on my sandwhich. Special thanks to Twisted Sister and Warrant for providing the awesome music I was listening to while writing this. Jani Lane, you will never die!