• Published 14th Mar 2015
  • 816 Views, 30 Comments

xjuggerscrapsx - xjuggernaughtx



A collection of ideas and story errata with author's notes. Think of them as jugger-nots.

  • ...
3
 30
 816

PreviousChapters Next
Cheerilee's Thousand - The Lost Chapters - Chapter Three (Comedy, Random, Slice-of-Life)

“It’s that time again, polo fans! I’m Stat Sheet—”

“And I’m Mallet!”

“And we thank you all for coming to yet another exciting game here in the beautiful Canterlot Event Center - the Epi-“Center” of Excitement. Today’s game features the Canterlot Unicorns—pardon me, Alicorns—versus the Las Pegasus Timberwolves. It should be a great game!”

“Don’t worry, Stat. I’m still adjusting to that change, too. Not sure any of us saw that move by the Alicorn upper management coming, in my opinion. Lots of ponies still shaking their heads about that one.”

“Well, name change or no, the Alicorns have been on a tear this season, haven’t they, Mallet.”

“You’re not kidding! With seven wins out of the last ten matches, this is a team that’s fired up and ready for the title that eluded them two years ago.”

Author's Note:

I really wanted to tell a Cheerilee date through these two announcers. I thought it be great if some disaster was unfolding in the stands and they'd be doing play-by-play and color on it.

I'd thought that it would be funny if the game was sponsored by Filthy Rich, and that Cheerilee had won some sort of prize by sitting in seat whatever. Then she had to come out and receive whatever it was from Filthy. Since they hate each other, he'd do something dastardly without seeming to.

I was hoping to move to a series of escalating misfortunes from there. Beer dumped on her head. Her date ducks and Cheerilee gets his with the wild ball that goes into the stands. Fight breaks out behind her for some reason. That sort of thing. All with the announcers bemused that this poor mare seems to always be in the middle of things.

PreviousChapters Next