• Published 14th Mar 2015
  • 817 Views, 30 Comments

xjuggerscrapsx - xjuggernaughtx



A collection of ideas and story errata with author's notes. Think of them as jugger-nots.

  • ...
3
 30
 817

PreviousChapters Next
Unnamed Sequel to First Steps - Chapter Two (Romance, Slice-of-Life)

Pinkie let the music tell her what to do. It was an old friend, and it had seen her through good times and bad. They’d spent many lonely evenings together, so she hoped it wouldn’t be too upset that she was here with somepony else tonight.

If it was mad, she couldn’t tell. The music flowing into and around her, and her hooves responded. Twisting. Kicking. Moving through complicated steps with an ease she’d never known before.

She wasn’t just dancing. She was dancing with, and she’d never danced with before Rarity.

A week ago, they’d come to this very bar and danced. Pinkie hadn’t seen it coming, but somewhere in all that dancing, something had changed. They’d gone from friends to something more. ‘Friends That Kissed’ Rarity had called it. It was pretty confusing, but for now, they were dancing again, and that was enough.

Before her, the unicorn dipped and swayed, poised elegance to Pinkie’s manic energy. While Pinkie left it all on the dance floor, Rarity left only what was needed to be beautiful. Each step was meticulous. Each movement just enough to make the ponies at nearby tables stare without being overly flashy.

Pinkie tilted her head back. She wanted to scream, but ponies got all jumpy when you started yelling. But lately, she’d been screaming a lot. Mostly into her pillow at night. She knew everypony was asleep, and so she’d just bury her face and let it all out.

It was just too much, sometimes. Her dreams were coming true and she just couldn’t believe it. It would start with a grin. A real big one. The kind that made your cheeks ache because it was so happy. Then the giggles would start, and she’d hug her pillow, rolling back and forth in the bed and generally annoying Gummy when she’d pull the blankets all askew. Finally, it would just build up too much and the scream would start way in the back of her throat. She’d thrust her head into the pile and just let it—”

“—all out!”

Pinkie blinked and shook her head. “Huh?”

Rarity grinned, arching an eyebrow. “My, my! Already ignoring me. Am I boring you already?”

“What? No!” Pinkie slid her leg around Rarity’s barrel, tucking the unicorn in close. “I was just thinking about stuff and—”

Rarity bumped Pinkie gently with her hip. “I’m teasing you, my dear. I was just saying that it looked like you were really letting it all out.”

“Oh, Rarity! I’ve been waiting all week for this!” Pinkie slid her other leg around her date, raising onto her hind hooves. Together, they moved as one in their embrace. “It’s going to be the best night ever!”

Rarity tilted her head to the side. “Perhaps a bit early for that.”

Pinkie missed a step, stumbling for a moment. “Huh?”

“Nothing. Don’t worry about it, darling.” Rarity reached out, steadying Pinkie with her magic. “All in due time.”

PreviousChapters Next