• Published 11th Mar 2015
  • 1,501 Views, 30 Comments

Following Their Hoofsteps - Rated Ponystar



For many years, Equestria has been at peace with all six famous mares comfortable spreading friendship while raising their daughters. Yet, the forces of darkness are never one to sit still for long as a new evil erupts and causes devastation.

  • ...
24
 30
 1,501

Chapter 1

Most ponies would say that when it came to preparing for special events or holidays there were always two mares you could count on. The first was Pinkie Pie, Ponyville's party maker expert. You could ask her for a party tomorrow and you’d have it in five hours after you asked. She knew what everypony wanted in a celebration, and how to make it so fun it would be the talk of the town until the next big party. The second pony was Princess Twilight Sparkle, who could organize anything in a split second, and have a checklist ready with proper steps to be taken. After proving herself at one Winter Wrap Up, most of the important events that required organization were handled by her. The mayors of Ponyville over the years had come to heavily depend on her for help, and she was all the more happy to do so. It even became more impressive when she balanced both her princess duties along with her previous ones.

Naturally, when the two got married, ponies wondered if there was going to be an event when the two would work together for a specific event. Most of the time, they let each other take care of the event by reasoning who would be best suited for what task. Pinkie Pie handled their wedding while Twilight handled their Honeymoon while splitting anniversaries. When it came to the birth of their child, Princess Aura Nova, Twilight had planned the hospital, and her room, while Pinkie took care of her birthdays.

There was only one event that the two ever combined their talents for: The Anniversary of Elements. While the date had once been to celebrate the return of Princess Luna, the night ruler had declared that it should also be a day for the return of the Elements of Harmony.

It had been held in Ponyville for the last three years, and now it was looking to be better than ever. The once small town of Ponyville had grown at least three times it’s borders and population in the last ten years. Most of which was thanks to Twilight and her friends, attracting others to seek a new life in the small kingdom that welcomed all into it’s borders. Such a big town now required a lot of work to be done for the celebration to go forth, and so Pinkie and Twilight worked overtime to make sure this year was memorable. The reason being was that it was the first time that the children of the Elements would be attending in the front, instead of waiting in the back. The six parents decided their fillies were mature enough to handle the public now.

Not that they weren’t already well known before, Discord’s spell that allowed same sex couples to have children gave birth to a new generation: “The Baby Boomers”. Now when you walked across the street, chances were you saw a filly, or a colt, that was born from parents of the same gender. There was some resistance for the spell at first by panicked or ignorant ponies who felt the spell was an abomination, but they were quickly overwhelmed by the amount of support it was given by both Royal Sisters. The spell for the first few years allowed only mares to give birth to fillies, but later on Discord managed to make it a way for stallions to give birth to colts. It saw an increase in marriages and population that other nations grew envious about. Soon, every race wanted the spell. Thus Discord had started traveling to each nation to help modify his spell for the other races, soon becoming known as the Spirit of Birth much to his dismay.

The others had a good laugh at it though.

Still, everypony was excited to see the three, especially the new princess. However, that said princess was taking a page out of her mother's book and focusing on a tome in the Friendship Palace’s huge library. Princess Aura Nova shared the same hair style as her mother did but more dark pink, courtesy of her other mother, with a purple stripe going down the middle. While she kept the coat color of Pinkie Pie, along with her eyes, she was a unicorn study bug like her mother. The difference was she was more into fantasy, rather than non-fiction, having been fascinated by the tales her mothers used to tell her when she was little. She always imagined she was a powerful mage, banishing whatever great evil had been attacking Equestria.

If only I could do magic just as good as that, thought Aura as she turned the page of “The Adventures of Danger Do, Son of Daring Do” while also glancing at a spell known to shoot fireworks out of one’s horn. Written by one of the most well known stage ponies in Equestria, The Great and Powerful Trixie.

While her mother, Twilight, was her hero, Aura also admired the Great and Powerful Trixie. Ever since Trixie was freed from the Alicorn Amulet, she had traveled around the world, learning magic, and doing heroic deeds to make up for her bad past. Her stories were told all over the world, just as much as Daring Do and her son, Danger Do. Aura wanted to be like her, traveling around the world, performing and doing magic, while also having amazing adventures.

Narrowing her eyes, Aura stood up and closed her eyes, trying to focus her magic into her horn. It glowed with a light pinkish color as she grit her teeth and put more and more magic into it. The book said to hold on to the magic as it began to build up. Right when you felt it getting hot were you suppose to release it forward like a crossbow with an arrow. “Come on! Come on!” Finally, she felt something ready to burst inside of her and she released.

What she didn’t expect was a loud bang from her horn that shot her back across the room and into a pile of books. Moaning, she pushed the literature away and rubbed her scorched horn, doing her best not to cry at the pain nor of the many scratches on her body. “Okay, that didn’t work out... like I had hoped.”

The doors to the library slammed open and she turned around to see two Twilight Guards, dressed in purple and gold, enter the room while being followed by one of the maids of the castle. She saw Aura Nova and gasped, “Little Princess! Are you okay?! What happened?!”

“It’s nothing, I just failed a spell.... again,” said Aura Nova, bitterly.

“You know you're not allowed to do magic unsupervised!” scolded the maid. “We must take you to see the healer at once.”

“I can take care of it, look.” Nova closed her eyes and concentrated on spreading her magic around her, focusing on the scratches and burned marks on her horn. She felt a sense of calm and coolness as she pushed the magic into her injuries with ease. Unlike with the previous spell, she didn’t have any problems holding this in as a green aura shined around her. In an instant, her wounds were healed. “I’m at least good with healing spells so I can take care of myself.”

“Be as it may, your mothers specifically stated that you are not to do magic without Princess Twilight with you,” repeated the maid. “I suggest you head to your room and clean up while I clean this mess. I’ll alert one of the guards to tell one of your mothers.”

Aura Nova winced. “Do you have too? They’re busy planning the celebration today after all.”

“I think they would put everything on hold to make sure their daughter is safe,” said the maid as she levitated the books, placing them on the shelves.

Aura sighed before dragging herself out of the room. While she didn’t expect Mother Pinkie to be harsh on her, Mother Twilight was another matter. Ever since she was young, Aura Nova had tried her best to be just like her mother in terms of magic, mostly to live up to her legacy. She rubbed her horn in frustration. I’m the daughter of the Element of Magic! So why is that, except for Telekinesis and Healing Spells, I can’t do a single other spell right?!

***

“Wake up, Mama! It’s Anniversary of Elements Day!” shouted a leaping yellow furred filly with a rainbow colored mane tied up in a ponytail. She grinned at the thought of finally outracing her mother in something, but that dream was dashed when the pony in the covers zoomed out of the bed in the blink of an eye, leading the filly to landing on an empty pillow.

The sound of familiar laughter echoed in her ears as she turned around and glared at her mother who was leaning against the wall. “Sorry, squirt. That’s twenty-five to zero in my favor, right?” asked Rainbow Dash with a smirk.

“Twenty-four,” muttered the filly as she got off the bed. Her scowl was quick replaced with excitement when she remembered what it was she came up here for. “Oh yeah! Mama Applejack said to get yer butt in gear since we don’t want to be late like last year.”

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes as she made her way to the bathroom to freshen up. “Jeez, you try to do a double sonic rainboom one time, end up passing out of exhaustion, wake up three hours late once , and nopony lets you forget it. The least she could do is let me take a wizz and shower first.”

“Why don’t ya do both at the same time?” asked Apple Streak.

Dash snickered. “I did one time, but I didn’t clean the stains well enough. Applejack had me using the bushes as a bathroom for a week. Seriously, Apple Streak. Never get married. Takes most of the fun out of life.”

“Ain’t got no plans too! Love is gross,” said Apple Streak, sticking out her tongue.

“Yeah, but remember it was that love that made ya, squirt,” commented Rainbow Dash before she closed the door.

Apple Streak shrugged before she exited her parents room and made for the stairs, passing by the photos of family members both old and new. She skipped a few with some jumps, and made her way towards the kitchen where Uncle Macintosh was cooking apple and caramel flavored pancakes. The aroma alone was enough to make Streak’s mouth drool as she sat on her chair and panted like a dog. Big Macintosh gave a small smile before flipping the last of the pancakes onto a huge stack. “Somepony’s hungry.”

“Can’t help it,” answered Apple Streak, licking her chops as the stack was placed on the table. “Everypony knows ya make the best pancakes in the world, Uncle Mac!”

She was ready to dig in when a hoof swatted her own away. Rubbing it, she looked at Mac who shook his head. “Remember the rules, Apple Streak. No eatin’ until everypony’s at the table.”

“Aww, but Uncle Mac, everypony’s too slow! Ah wanna eat now and get to the festival!”

“Let her eat, Pop. Celestia knows she ain’t listen to rules and she ain’t gonna do it now.”

Apple Streak turned around and glared at the newcomer to the table. An older colt who looked like a perfect teenage version of her uncle only his mane was longer like a rock star and his cutie mark was that of a guitar strumming out notes. “Mornin’ Streaky, did ya finally sprout wings when ya smelled breakfast, or are they invisible?”

“Oh, put a sock in it, Jonathan,” grumbled Apple Streak while crossing her hooves. “Some day Ah’ll be the first earth pony to fly! Y’all see!”

“Yeah, maybe when Ah’m finally old enough to drink hard cider,” chuckled Jonathan Apple who got a pancake in the face for his comment.

Apple Streak was about to throw more when two ponies shouted out her name in a scolding tone that made her freeze up. With an awkward smile, she turned around and saw the two ponies in her life she never liked to anger in anyway. The first was a very pregnant Cheerilee who was both her aunt at home and her teacher at school. Apple Streak would admit she wasn’t a... model student, but she did love her aunt very much. And she especially had to now that she was pregnant with emotions going wild. And the second was her other mother, the more serious one.

“Apple Streak, how many time have Ah told ya not to throw food at yer cousin?” asked Applejack, eyes narrowed.

Streak gulped and pointed at Jonathan who was leaning back on his chair while eating the pancake thrown at him. Another thing that annoyed her since she wanted the first bite. “B-but he was makin’ fun of me!”

“Speaking of,” said Cheerilee, walking over and glaring at her son who was now sweating bullets. “Jonathan Apple, I’ve told you to stop mocking your younger cousin. I’m guessing it as about her dream again, right?”

Jonathan shrugged. “Come on, Ma. It was just a joke. But ya have to admit it’s a bit silly for an earth pony to want to fly.”

“It’s not silly! I’m gonna get wings someday, somehow, and I’m gonna join the Wonderbolts like Mama Dash!” shouted Apple Streak, before pointing at his cutie mark. “At least Ah don’t sit in mah room all the time and write lame music for a girl that doesn’t look at ya.”

“Least Ah ain’t a blank flank who sleeps with a night light!”

“Enough, both of ya!” shouted Applejack. “If neither of ya are gonna be actin’ mature maybe ya both should stay here instead of goin’ to the festival,” said Applejack.

“B-but Mama! Please! Me and the other Crusaders were gonna have fun! We planned to do games and eat food from Sugacube Corner and everythin’!” begged Apple Steak, hooves clasped in prayer. “Ah’ll be good! Ah promise!”

“Apologize to yer cousin first,” said Applejack.

Sighing, Apple Streak turned to her cousin and held out her hoof. “Sorry.”

“Yeah, me too,” said Jonathan, taking it and bumping hooves.

Rainbow Dash found herself the right time to fly right in and kiss her wife good morning. “Hey, gang, what’s up?”

“Our daughter decided to be mischievous early today and throw a pancake at yer nephew,” answered Applejack.

Rainbow Dash giggled. “Really? Was it right in the face? Ow!” She rubbed the back of her head. “What was that for, AJ?”

“For givin’ our daugher more of yer genes than mine, now let’s eat. We got a big day ahead of us.”

They sat down and started passing the pancakes around, Cheerilee taking a few extra’s while putting endless amounts of syrup, bananas, nuts, and even had her husband get whipped cream. Before she digged into her own plate, Apple Streak turned to Applejack and asked, “Mama? Are ya still angry at me?”

Applejack smiled and ruffled her daughter’s mane. “Nah, ya know Ah love ya, darlin’. Hey, betcha Ah can eat more than ya.”

“Yer on!”

***

Glitterfly had the most enchanting evening of her life. Here she was, daughter of the Elements of Generosity and Kindness, raised in the palace of Princess Twilight, and now on a date with that said princess’s nephew, Prince Leon de Sparkle. Walking through the blue rose garden of Canterlot, she continued to daze as his magenta and blue mane that was like looking into the sea. His white groomed coat was as clear as the moon above with his black tux with gold edges giving him the regal look one would expect from a prince. And then there were his eyes, sweet Celestia his violet eyes. She was barely able to keep herself from swooning and summoning her mother’s fainting couch. And naturally, like any young adolescent filly, she admired his flank. That tone military trained flank with a blue heart centered around a shield. Although she was a bit envious that he had his cutie mark already, it didn’t stop her from admiring this moment.

Oh stop it, Glitterfly! Both Mama Fluttershy and Mother Rarity would scold you for thinking so uncouth.

Speaking of her mothers, she had to thank both of them for getting her dressed up for a night like this. The dark purple and pink dress her mother had made for her with a sapphire heart in the middle of her breast was the envy of all Canterlot. Her silver earrings and ruby slippers were old trinkets her other mother had when she was a model a long time ago. Truth be told, she thought she was a born natural beauty having come from the most beautiful ponies in Equestria short of the princesses themselves. She had Rarity’s snow white coat that made her look like the child of peaceful winter, while her mane was like Fluttershy’s; smooth and long.

The two of them arrived at a small pond in the middle of the garden where a few nightjar birds flew around them and gave out a tune. Giggling, Glitterfly let out a few “ah ah ahhh”’s that earned her a few happy tweets. Prince Leon gave a few claps before he reached out and nuzzled Glittershy, making freeze up and blush. He leaned in closer as she felt her heart beating faster with each inch forward. The two closed their eyes as their lips were inches apart...

WAKE UP SLEEPY HEAD!”

“Gah!” cried out Glitterfly as she jumped out of her bed and landed on her pillow, rump high in the air. A smack against it made her yipe before she got out of her covers and glared at the grinning little colt who had a white coat like her but his mane was dark brown and curly. Plus, he had his father’s old beanie on his head. Flaring her wings out, Glitterfly dived for her cousin who laughed while heading for the door. “Get back here, Trigger Button! I’ll give you such a spanking that you’ll have to stand for the rest of your life!”

“Can’t catch me, cousin!” shouted the little colt before he ran out the door, Glitterfly was about to follow when she smacked into something hard and green. She landed flat on her back, eyes dizzy, while a large dragon looked down on her with an amused expression. “I see Trigger managed to wake you up?”

He held out a claw and helped Glitterfly up while she patted herself with her wings to get rid of the dirt. She then glared upward at the dragon and frowned. “Tell me that it wasn’t you who sent my annoying cousin to wake me up, Spike?”

“No, that would be your mother, Rarity,” answered Spike, leaning against the doorway. “She would have come herself, but she was busy working on the finishing touches to the dresses she and the other Elements will be wearing at the festival.”

Glitterfly gasped. “Oh, dear! I forgot about that! Quick, help me brush my mane while I powder my face!” She rushed over to her crystal mirror and handed Spike her comb while she took the powder and began to apply it. “I’m surprised you're here so early. Didn’t you have a meeting with the Zebra delegates, Mr. Ambassador of Equestria?”

“Normally, the talks would be about three hours long, but since one of those delegate happened to be an old town friend who lived in the forest some years back, it was pretty quick,” answered Spike, coming the long mane. “I’m surprised that you weren’t up already. Didn’t you hear that blast from the library?”

Alarmed, Glitterfly turned around and stared at Spike with worried eyes. “Please don’t tell me Aura was trying to do magic without Princess Twilight again?”

Spike sighed and nodded. “Yeah, good thing she’s great at healing spells. Still, Twilight’s gonna give her an earful in a few minutes.”

“I know she want’s to be good at magic, and get her cutie mark in it, but she doesn’t have to always risk herself like that,” said Glitterfly, which made Spike snort. “What?”

“Sorry, just never thought I heard a Cutie Mark Crusader not want to take a risk when getting a cutie mark,” snorted Spike which made Glitterfly roll her eyes. While both her and Apple Streak’s aunts inspired them to recreate the Cutie Mark Crusaders, she at least was reasonable not to try any of the insane things they did. Not that it didn’t stop Apple Streak a few times.

Like that time we got covered in tree sap, thought Glittershy with a shiver. She, Apple, and Aura all had to get their manes shaved off that day. “I’m well aware of the reputation that comes with the name, Spike. But we are going to find our Cutie Marks in well manned ways.”

“I just want to make sure you girls are holding out okay. Most get their cutie marks at eight years old and you’re going on ten while Aura Nova and Apple Streak are both nine,” said Spike, a bit of a nervous approach in his tone. “Some ponies... might just seek to use that as an advantage.”

Glitterfly stopped pondering her nose and closed her eyes. “This is about Flower Crown and Pennywhistle isn’t it?”

She looked up from her mirror to see Spike rubbing the back of his neck. “Look, Fluttershy was worried. Cheerilee just said you let them always boss you around and make fun of you for being blank flanks. Hay, you tell Apple Streak not to attack them and just let them continue to walk all over you without saying anything. Why?”

“Because there is no point in fighting, that’s why,” answered Glittershy, huffing. “I don’t want to cause a conflict with them because it will only lead to more problems.” I already learned that the hard way. “Besides, I’m sure they’ll change. Diamond Tiara used to bully Apple Bloom, and now they’re a couple.”

Spike shrugged. “I guess, just don’t be afraid to defend or stick up for yourself.”

A knock on the door, alerted the two of them of a new presence and turned around to see Fluttershy walking in. “Oh, I’m not interrupting am I?”

“No, mother, I was just finished,” said Glittershy, getting off her seat. “And if you wanted to talk you should have come yourself rather then send somepony else.”

Fluttershy gave a sheepish smile. “I’m sorry, Glitter, but, you don’t want to talk about it. I’ve had my fair share of bullying when I was your age. I later learned it was alright to be assertive and stand up for yourself. We can always talk about what you’re building up inside you.”

“Mom, you don’t have worry,” said Glittershy, hugging her mom. “I can handle it. You don’t need to worry about me all the time.”

Fluttershy sighed and held onto her daughter as tight as she could. “I know. But I love you so much, my little miracle. I don’t want anything bad to happen to you. Like... that one day...”

Little miracle. It was the name her birth mother had always given her because it was a miracle. She had been born stillborn for two minutes before she breathed her first gasp of air and cried. It took the doctors five hours to separate her from her parent’s hooves so she could be taken care of. Since then, Fluttershy had always been a worry wort when it came to her.

Kissing her mother on the cheek, she said, “I’m going to go talk to Aura Nova. See you soon.”

Fluttershy watched her little miracle fly out the window before giving off a sad smile. Spike walked over and place his claw on her shoulder. “She still blames herself for that day, huh?”

“Yes...”

***

Aura Nova could see the festival already starting to kick off from her window in the castle. Balloons were everywhere along with banners of her parents and their cutie marks as well as the rest of the Elements. The total count of ponies was impossible to say since it was like looking at a multicolored sea of heads and manes both on the ground and in the air. The sound of bands playing their tunes as the smell of food could be whiffed even from her. Aura could see the families and strangers passing the crystal palace while taking pictures of it. She made sure to shy away just so she didn’t get caught in any of the photos.

She was used to getting her photo taken because of her mothers, but she hated being the focus if she was ever brought up. Most of the time it was the same topic: her magic. Reporters and dignitaries would always ask how her magical studies were doing, and what was she learning.

A knock on her bedroom door made her sigh. Might as well get this over with.

She unlocked her door with her magic and turned around, only she was surprised by who she saw. “Mommie Pinkie? I thought you were busy with the festival?”

Pinkie Pie walked up and nuzzled her daughter before messing with her mane. “A festival like this is worth nothing if my favorite cupcake was feeling blue.” She leaned down with a gentle and understanding smile. “So you tried to do magic again without Twilight around, huh?”

Aura Nova closed her eyes and slowly nodded. “I didn’t mean to break the rule, I just...”

“Yes?” encouraged Pinkie.

“What if ponies wanted to see me do magic? I’m the daughter of you and one of the most famous magic users in the land! What if they expect something really amazing from me? On front stage? And all I can do is telekinesis and healing spells!” She turned around and dived onto her pillow on her bed, face first. “I just don’t want to embarrass myself.”

Pinkie Pie walked over and placed her hoof on her daughter. “You don’t have to worry about that, Aura. All we’re gonna do is have you by our sides this year while Twilight does her big long and boring speeches thing. Nopony expects you to do something like move the sun or whatnot. You don’t have to be silly. Just leave that to me.”

Looking up from her pillow, Nova Aura whispered, “Really?”

“Yup! If anything, they’ll be asking for your special Aura Cookies that you made with me for the festival.” Pinkie rubbed her stomach while her mouth drooled. “You really got my baking skills, because those cookies are goooood.”

A smile found its way onto Nova Aura’s face as she got up and hugged her mother who hugged her back. The two continued their embrace until a new voice interrupted them. “Well, I guess I wasn’t needed for a talk now, huh?”

Both of them turned around and saw Twilight Sparkle, smiling from the doorway. Aura got off her bed and nervously walked towards her mother. “Mommie, I’m sorry... I just...” She was silenced when Twilight put a hoof on her mouth, but the alicorn’s smile never changed.

“I heard everything. I was going to be angry at you, but I think Pinkie did a better job this time,” said Twilight as she leaned down and was at eye level with her daughter. “I know you want to learn magic, but its too dangerous for you to do it without me. I don’t want to see my baby filly get hurt.”

“I know, but why can’t I perform magic like the other unicorns my age?” asked Aura.

“I honestly don’t know, Aura,” answered Twilight as she brought her daughter closer and hugged her. “But I promise we’ll find a way.”

“Yay! Family hug time!” shouted Pinkie Pie as she hopped over and joined in the hug giving both her wife and daughter a kiss on the cheek.

Aura Nova felt her smile return as she could feel the love both her mothers had for her. She was still a bit down, but the words of parents still ringed in her ears and made her feel that nothing was going to go wrong.

“Hey, Aura, I heard,” said Glitterfly as she entered the room, only to pause in mid-step. “Oh, sorry for intruding your Majesties. I’m not interrupting anything am I?”

“It’s okay, Glittershy, we were just finished,” answered Twilight as the three broke their hug.

“Well, I’m glad everything worked out. Now if only Apple Streak and her parents could get here so we can go to the festival already,” muttered Glittershy. “She’s probably still devouring those pancakes Big Macintosh always makes on Friday mornings like a hungry lion on a fresh kill. The little piglet.”

“I’m not the one who's gained a bit of weight in her flank, princess,” said Apple Streak, walking over to a glaring Glitterfly. “What’s up, everypony?”

“I-I-I have not gained any weight in my backside, Streak! And you should greet yourself properly next time, especially when in front of Princess Twilight.”

Apple Streak rolled her eyes before turning to Aura Nova. “So ya blew up the library again, huh? Think you can do that in class so we can get out early next week?”

“Why would I do that?! School is so much fun!” gasped Aura Nova, placing her hooves over her mouth while Apple Streak facehoofed.

“And this is why I wonder everyday why I hang out with you two?”

“Excuse me!” Everypony turned to see Rarity, holding a measuring tape in her magic and her glasses on, rush on over. Panting, she said, “Twilight... need... to correct... your measurements... come with me! Now!”

“Rarity, I’m sure a few centimeters off isn’t going too-Hey!” shouted Twilight before she was picked up by a panicking Rarity who ran off with the princess in toe.

Pinkie laughed a bit before striking a heroic pose. “Don’t worry, Twilight! I’ll save you!” and then proceed to hop out of the room while going “la la la la la”.

Apple Streak snickered while both Glittershy and Aura went red from their parents actions. “Anyway, you girls ready for the festival!”

“Yeah, it’s gonna be so much fun!” shouted Aura Nova, rearing back and kicking her legs in the air. “I hear the Great and Powerful Trixie is performing, and I want to see her so badly!”

“And we get to be at the big ceremony this year with all the biggest and most famous names looking at us!” squealed Glitterfly.

“But the best will be the Wonderbolts performing afterwards, with yours truly's own mother taking part in it!” yelled Apple Streak, pumping her hoof in the air.

“But let’s not forget the main goal of this festival...” reminded Glittershy as the other two grinned. “Were gonna finally find our cutie marks!”

The three held up their hooves against each other in the air in a triple hoof slap and shouted, “Cutie Mark Crusader Festival Enjoyers! Yay!”

***

They were really having a fun time, at least that’s what he could see from his spot in the Everfree Forest. He could hear the laughter, the joys of happiness, and cries of surprise from what had to be thousands of ponies. Oh, how he couldn’t wait to replace those smiles with fearful gasps when he finally struck.

So many years of planning. So many years of gaining back the power he once had. A sinister grin decorated his shadowy face as green and red eyes looked at the village of Ponyville with amusement. It was hard to believe that the ones who defeated him so long ago lived in such a pathetic place. He would be sure to burn it once he had finished his plans.

His eyes gazed upward as he saw the Crystal Empire’s chariot arrive along with one from Canterlot. Yes, all the pieces would be in place.

Just a bit longer.

Author's Note:

Hope you like the daughters