• Published 7th Mar 2015
  • 277 Views, 0 Comments

The Magic of Courage - thefallenone



Somewhere deep in the Everfree Forest an ancient evil has awoken, triggering the return of powers long since forgotten to Equestria lore can a Museum Curator has what it takes to stand up to this new threat? does he have the magic of Courage?

  • ...
 0
 277

Chapter 3 The lost Thousand years

Chapter 3

The lost Thousand years

6:00pm Everfree Forest
"No this cannot be, A thousand years? A THOUSAND YEARS!" Shadowmane could not beleive what he has read in the history book his new servant bought him, a thousand years since Discord was sealed, which was the last thing he remembered before the incident in the castle. 'So dear Princess Celestia has robbed me a thousand years of my life eh? so I shall rob her of her beloved kingdom' thought shadowmane "But first I need a place to stay to heal and plan" Shaodwmane made his way alone the path he saw Apple Bloom take, to a small hut, 'So this must be that nasty little Zebra's place huh?' Shadowmane looked inside the hut and found a small chest with gems and bits in it 'thankfully the currencie hasn't changed' rumaging somemore he found several healing balms 'these should help me heal up quite nicely' Shaodwmane changed into his theo disguise 'firsts things first i need a place to stay, while i could stay here somepony is bound to look for that nasty little zebra witch, so the town my servant comes from should surfice'

Following Day 8:30am Manehatten Sapphire Horse Appartments
Tempest stormwind, had just finish saying goodbye to his neighbours and given the keys back to the landlord, when the mailmare came running "Glad puff that huff i caught you"
"What's the matter?" asks Tempest
the Mailmare took a second before she ansewered "I was told to give you this by a strange colt"
"what was so strange about him?"
"he wore a cloak" she replies
"Seriously? that is what you found strange?" sniggers tempest
"no joke, i find it insulting if you don't look me in the face" retorted the Mailmare "But anyhow here is your package"
"Ermmm... thanks?" Tempest examined the package 'nothing seems off, and by the feel of it it's a book, cool maybe i'll read it later, ah heres a note'

"Dear Tempest Stormwind
we have not meet yet, but it is vital that i give this book to you, it will contain information that i vital, i urge you to not let Princess Celestia know you have this book or it shall be destroyed, as will you, just remember one thing before i go, gather your courage"

"well thats a weird letter, no signature no nothing, but i'd better keep hold off this parcel" Tempest places the parcel and letter into his bag, and with that he was off to the station.

7:30am Manehatten Train Station
Shining armor had been waiting at the station for sometime, he looked down the road, and smiled as he saw tempest walking up with his suitcase in tow
"hey Tempest let me handle your suitcase" offers Shining Armor
"No no, it's fine, i'm good" replies Tempest struggling to get his suitcase on the train
"now Tempest, let me help you" Shining takes the suitcase and escorts tempest to a first class seat "you are always so stubborn"
"takes one to know eh? Captain"
"okay Tempest i know i said we where heading for Ponyville, but Princess Celestia contacted me and wants me to escort Twilight Sparkle and her friends back to ponyville from the Crystal Empire, is that alright with you?"
"yeah thats fine, i'd would've had to meet them at some point anyway, so why not get to know them on the train ride to ponyville?"
"that was my thinking as well" smiled Shining Armor "want a drink?" Shining Offers Tempest a can of Soda
"thanks captain" Tempest said taking the can "so captain can you tell me abit about her friends? i've read bits in the paper but tabloids are often wrong, i mean your sister didn't put a love spell on her doll did she?"
Shining avoid Tempest's look as he answered "Well there is Applejack, she runs the local farm, she's very honest, Rarity is a fashion guru and a bit high strung, Pinkie Pie is mental, Rainbow Dash is a trainiee wonderbolt and Fluttershy loves animals and helped Discord" Shining looks at the clock in the carriage "it'll take some time to get to Canterlot, do you have something to pass the time Stormer?"
Tempest rumages in his bag he pulled out a travel Chess set
"Chess game?" offers Tempest
"Sure sounds great"