• Published 7th Mar 2015
  • 277 Views, 0 Comments

The Magic of Courage - thefallenone



Somewhere deep in the Everfree Forest an ancient evil has awoken, triggering the return of powers long since forgotten to Equestria lore can a Museum Curator has what it takes to stand up to this new threat? does he have the magic of Courage?

  • ...
 0
 277

Chapter 1 Evil Awakening

Chapter one

Dark Awakening

Everfree Forest Ancient seal time unknown
A dark shadow looms from within an ancient seal within the forest, "how long have i been gone?" pondered the shadowy being, curious he takes a look at the broken seal with six gems on it
"Generosity? Laughter? Kindness? Loyalty? Honestly? Magic? The Six Elements Seal?" he noticed that Magic wasn't glowing, so the shadowy pony sniffs the air sensing the disturbance of the missing element
"so one element is gone from the world?" pondered the Shadowy markless Alicorn "somehow with that element missing i am free?" he started to chuckle, which grew into a full on insideous laugh "Ah Starswhirl by you manky beard you failed to seal me away, Shame too Luna and Celestia would've made for good slaves, for i Lord Shadowmane, am free, now it is time to exact my revenge on the ones who sealed me away"
a short clearing away he hears laughter, curious Shadowmane uses a simple invisibility he sneaks up on the source of the laughter.

2;18pm Manehatten Library
Shining Armor approached the Manehatten library for the first time in several months, hoping to catch a friend off his.
As he entered the main entrance he beckoned the head librarian over
"Excuse me is Tempest Stormwind around?" he enquired
"The head of the crystal Empire archiving division? Yes he is" replied the librarian "shall I get you an escort down to the basement?"
"Yes I think that would be best" he replies remembering the last time he came here he got a bit lost.....
10 minutes later
"Great to see you Stormer" calls Shining Armor as he entered the archive room a young emerald coloured pegasus with an blue mane, purple eyes and a 3 storm clouds cute mark looks up from his work, smiling he walks over to the young knight.
"How have you been shining armor?" asks Tempest giving Shining a secret hoof shake "no don't tell me queen Chrysasis has hypnotized you again and you’re gonna get her pregnant"
Shining snorted "very funny Stormer, but no I have come here to check on the archiving and inventory work you and your team have been assigned"
"its going well we are about half way done"
Shining Armor opened his mouth in shock "seriously?"
"yeah seriously its been abit painful at times with a constant shift of staff" Tempest just smiled, "but you know me leave me a near impossible job and I'll do it, you alright?"
"erm, yeah good" replies shining still shocked that Tempest has done what was estimated as three years worth off archiving from the crystal empire archives in six months "so *clears throat* do you want to meet up later? i have a new job opportunity for you i'd like to talk about"
"Sure sounds great the crystal-hoof cafe at 3pm?"
"The Crystal-hoof? You mean the new cafe that crystal pony, Sunstone opened?"
"Yeah thats the one, see you then"

3pm The Crystal-hoof cafe
Shining Armor waiting outside the cafe looking down the street, worried that Tempest would be late, but he needn't worried, as he checked in the direction of the library, he saw Tempest walking up the street 'he still can't flying' Armor thought to himself 'I still blame myself for the incident with the changelings, even though my love cadance still insists it’s not my fault'

"So my old captain what did you want to talk about?" asks Tempest as he got himself a chocolate smoothe
"You remember Cadance talking to you last week about getting some ancient scrolls transferred from the library to Ponyville's new museum?"
"Mmmhmm"
"Well we, that is me and Cadance were wondering, would you like to be head curator at the museum? As you’re a master off organizing we think you'd be perfect for the job" Shining Armor then looked deadly serious at young Stormwind, "I also want someone to keep an eye on somepony close to me"
"Princess Twilight Sparkle?" inquires Tempest
"Yes my sister, as you know she was recently crowned, and although the four guards she will be assigned are great I would feel better if you helped too"
"So you want a former knight with a busted wing to help out?" Shining Armor nods "sure I'd help" replies Tempest "anything for the lovely Cadance" he added with a smirk
"Oi! Stormer that's my wife get your own" laughs shining "right the new position opens next week, but I want to show you round the town, so shall we meet up tomorrow 12pm at the station?"
"What about my old job?" inquires tempest
"No worries all the paper work shall be taken care off" informs Shining
"In that case sire see you tomorrow" Tempest left with a smile.


3:30pm Everfree Forest
"boy ah sure did have fun at Zecora's, but ah better get back home, it's 3:30 i don't wanna have Granny Smith or Big Macintosh mad at me again, glad ma big Sister is off in the Crystal Empire, Ah can't wait to see Sweetie Belle, shame Scootaloo is sick with that old feather fever" he heard the young filly say to herself, Shadowmane smiled, 'I need information on what has changed, she should be able to tell me something useful' using a transformation spell, he changed his appearance to that off a blue unicorn, with a star cutie mark, as he didn't want to cause suspicion, using a teleportation spell he teleported in front of the young filly.
"Arghhh!" the filly screamed
"Calm down i mean you no harm" replied shadow-mane 'not my best plan, I should've called her from behind' he thought on his stupidity, quickly dismissing it he introduced himself
"I am Theo F Allen, i seem abit lost young one can you tell me where Kage-castle is?"
The young confused filly answered "Ah'm sorry mister Theo but ah don't know off any Aggi-castle, Ah know where Princess Celestia's castle is in Canterlot" replies the filly "Oh!" she exclaims remembering her manners "Ah haven't introduced Mah self-have I? Mah name is Applebloom a cutie mark crusader!!"
'Curses' thought Shaodwmane 'that accursed Princess Celestia, has already taken my Canterlot capital. As the supreme monarch of this world that will not stop me', he looks at Applebloom and smiles
"Okay then Applebloom thank you for your information here is your reward" without warning Shaodwmane cast a spell upon the young filly.
"Now listen up" he bellowed "when you hear my voice you are under my control understand?" Applebloom nodded "Good for now go and fetch my the last few weeks’ worth off news, I need to know what i have missed, I doubt I have been gone long..."
"Understood master"
"Oh and don't mention about meeting me in the forest, i don't want the two Alicorn princesses finding out"
"Four master"
a"FOUR!?!? Servant explain NOW!" Shaodwmane bellowed
"They Are Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadance an Mah friend and newly appointed Princess Twilight Sparkle" replies Applebloom
"Right go and get me my news i need time to think" 'curses 4 Alicorn princesses? Celestia my sweet you have been busy, not no matter i shall have my revenge.....'


A five minutes ago Zecora's hut

'I hope that young filly makes her way home safe' thought Zecora working on her latest brew, 'As she stays later and later helping me, i fear the visit from Big Mac is due soon..' Zecora jumped with a start as she heard a scream from down the path 'Applebloom is in plight that much is certain, what ails her i do not know, but to her aid i must go' Zecora grab several potions off the shelf a bolted to were the scream was coming from.....

Author's Note:

this is set during Equestria girls (first film) Enjoy my first chapter off many :)