• Published 6th Mar 2015
  • 1,628 Views, 52 Comments

Clearing Away the Bloody Mists - Philosophysics



Arashi Hisako is a Mist Ninja of Kiri. One day, she gets transported to Equestria as an alicorn. How will she cope? How shall she return? Would she even want to return?

  • ...
1
 52
 1,628

Pencils, Knives, And Ice Cream Are All Hazardous Items

Sitting alone in her room, Hisako started to feel uncomfortable. The reason behind the feeling was, she had no weapons. Almost since she entered the Academy, she always had at least one weapon on her at all times, and their presence became comforting to her, trust in her ability to use them to defend herself from hidden threat. However, she now was without even a single senbon, and in enemy hands, she was feeling increasingly unnerved as time went by. And it’s not like her captors would let her have one.

‘Or, would they….’ Slowly, a plan came to her. While she extremely doubted her ability to steal a weapon and them not notice, maybe they would let her have one anyways. She is trapped in their weird-ass genjutsu after all, it’s not like she can truly do something they wouldn’t let her. While they wouldn’t be so brazen as to give her a weapon, they would probably overlook her stealing one. Hisako knew the whole thing was pointless, and the weapon would serve her no good, but it would comfort her at least.

Idea in mind, she stood back up, hopped off the bed, and trotted over to the door before knocking. She heard some shifting of armor on the other side, before the door opened, and a pony with metal armor - ‘Huh, I guess they use Samurai or something here.’ - looked at her inquisitively.

Hisako sat down to free up her front limbs, and started making writing motions, or the closest she could do given she had no fingers, holding one foreleg like it held a clip-board, while the other moved top to bottom, right to left, making scribbling motions. After that brief act of charades, she looked at the guard questioningly.

He just stared at her for a moment, before a spark of understanding appeared in his eyes, and after saying some gibberish, left. She hoped he understood her correctly. While waiting, she returned to her bed. Might as well be comfortable.

After about 10 minutes, the guard returned with some papers, a pencil. He placed them on the bed next to her, before situating himself beside the door, inside the room this time. ‘What, do they not trust me to be alone with a pencil? While it would make a half-decent stabbing tool, I am still under their genjutsu. Whatever.’

She picked up the pencil in her mouth, not really having any other way to use it. She COULD use chakra to stick it to her hoof, but that wouldn’t lend the control she would need to do what she was planning. She started out writing out some basic poems from memory, and quite predictably, it was barely legible. However she kept practicing. She went through several sheets, front and back - most of the ones she was brought actually - before she deemed her writing good enough. She had to do it slowly, but goal was accuracy, not speed.

Getting out her next to last piece of paper, and started drawing a series of basic storage seals. Something every ninja was taught, simply because of their great utility, especially with small things like Kunai, or Senbon. When she was done with that page, she looked it over closely, trying to find any mistakes. A botched storage seal can be explosive, while not nearly as much as an explosive tag, still not something you want going right by you. Not finding any, she was quite pleased with herself. She was able to make 10 on this page, and if she can do another 10 on the other, that would give her room for 20 small weapons. Not many, but a good enough.

After this, all she would need to do is find some needles or scalpels, shouldn’t be too hard considering this is a Hospital. She tucked it beneath one of her wings for safe keeping and semi-easy access, before getting started on the other.

Just as she was finishing up with that one, she heard a procession of armored hooves coming down the hallway, so she quickly tucked it under her other wing, before they could come in. Course, it was pointless considering a guard was sitting in the same room as her, watching her the entire time, but have to at least put on the guise that she was doing this sneakily.

In walked a white, slightly taller version of Luna-sama, her name a flowing rainbow. If she had to guess, this was that sister she talked about. Her eyes instantly locked on the pencil, widening a bit, before they swiveled to the guard sitting by the door and returned to normal. ‘Seriously, what do they expect me to do with a pencil?’

“Greetings, little one.” She said, and once again Hisako bristled internally ’I am a Ninja, dammit, not a kid’ “I am Princess Celestia, sister of Princess Luna.” She continued in what was probably suppose to be a soothing tone, but just set Hisako on edge.

“Yes, I met her earlier today. I see you can speak Japanese.” Hisako replied, trying to remember her brief training on how to deal with royalty. Most she could remember is to not interrupt them, to not speak unless spoken too, and as a general rule, be polite.

“Yes, I learned it while Luna was otherwise preoccupied.” She then gestured towards the door, and asked “Would you like to go for a walk? You have been in here all day, I could imagine you would want to stretch you legs.”

“Thank you.” Hisako replied, as her training said she should. Even if she didn’t want to go outside, she would have to accept, because you do not turn down an offer from royalty unless you have a good reason.

She hopped off the bed, and walked over to Celestia, who turned and led the way out the door.

As they were heading out, they passed by a cart with some medical supplies on it, and Hisako seeing a chance, carefully ‘tripped’ towards it. Almost instantly, she was caught in some golden glow, which set her back on her hooves. ‘What the hell!?’ She quickly noticed a similar glow surrounding Celestia’s horn, who was looking at her benevolently. “Careful now.”

The glow faded, and she was free to move again, and Celestia set off again. All Hisako could do is follow along. Her aborted theft attempt sadly wasn’t as profitable as she hoped, but she did manage to get a scalpel, which she currently had hidden in her mane held against her neck with Chakra, which she started to carefully move down towards her wing as they walked, wiggling her hold and twitching muscles to jiggle it downwards, under her wing, and with a burst of chakra, into one of the seals.

By the time she did all that, they already went down some stairs, through another hall-way, and were about to go outside. “Would you like to get some ice cream? I know a excellent parlor nearby.” Celestia said breaking the silence.

“Ice cream sounds good.” Hisako replied, still offput about how to talk with Royalty. Hisako had no idea what ‘ice cream’ is, but she’s the princess, she gets what she wants.

Hisako almost tripped over her own hooves when they exited though and got a look at the city. This HAD to be the capital, because of how fancy everything was! Seriously, were those buildings made of marble?!

A giggle from Celestia-sama quickly snapped her out of her daze, and she mentally cursed herself for not controlling herself. Ninja were suppose to be sneaky, dammit! She schooled her expression, and with a look towards Celestia, they continued on their way, Hisako still secretly observing the city in amazement, imagining how much fun it would be to run across those roofs, their varying inclines would make it good practice as well.


Celestia sat with little Hisako at the ice cream parlor, at a table with a convenient parasol providing shade.

Hisako was just poking at her ice cream, while Celestia was savoring hers. Whenever Hisako thought she wasn’t looking, she stared at Celestia, and quickly returned her attention to her ice cream whenever Celestia looked back.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.”

Celestia didn’t prod any further. They have been at this for about five minutes now. Normally, she would write it off as awe, but she could tell from the way she was carrying herself it wasn’t anything so innocent.

She decided to break the silence, and try to get the strange filly to open up. “So, I heard your name is Hisako?”

“Yes.” Well, that didn’t work. But she didn’t give up.

“Arashi Hisako. A pretty name, isn’t it?” She said, trying for a bit of flattery this time.

“Yes.” Still didn’t work.

“It means Long Lived Storm. Did you know that?” She gave it one more try.

“Yes.” And it failed like the other attempts.


“That’s what your presence here is doing, you know? Causing a storm.” Celestia idly commented, mostly giving it up for now, but slightly hoping that maybe her curiosity would cause her to ask something in regards to that. And a storm she was. A new Alicorn would by itself cause considerable stir, but one her age and the state she was found in was the talk of the country, with nobles bickering back and forth about what should be done, about possible causes, and all sorts of things.

‘And they don’t even know the half of it.’ Celestia’s thoughts taking a darker turn. First up was her actions when she originally woke up. Her assaulting the nurse and running away, while worrying, could be written off as panic at being in a new location under unknown circumstances. However, that does not explain what she did to herself in that storage room. Celestia eyed Hisako’s eyepatch, mostly hidden behind her hair, sorrowfully. ‘What could drive a filly to do that?’

What more, was what Luna told her earlier this morning. First of the filly’s dreams, and then her response to Luna’s questions. There is no denying it, she was used and trained as a soldier, her response to the questions being rather similar to what the Royal Guard are trained to say in the unlikely case one was captured for interrogation. Truly, the thought of a country using children as soldiers was most worrisome, and something she hopes to put a stop too as soon as she can.

But that would require Hisako to tell us where she’s from, something she’s clearly been trained to not do. So abandoning that train of thought for now, she turned her attention back to Hisako, who has yet to even take a bite of her ice cream.

“You haven’t touched your ice cream yet. You should eat it quickly. It’s going to melt!” She said in a teasing voice, before turning her attention back to her own bowl.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Hisako hesitate a moment more, before picking up her spoon and taking a bite. Right away, the smallest of smiles spread on her face, her obviously trying to remain straight faced.

Celestia suppressed a giggle, and kept eating her ice cream, watching Hisako. She started to eat her ice cream with gusto, so Celestia warned with a smile ”I see you like it, but be careful and don’t eat it too fast.”

The filly paid her words no heed, so she let her learn from her own mistakes.


Hisako sat happily eating her ice-cream. Sweets were a luxury in Mist, and she only rarely got to enjoy them, and usually only in small quantities. At first she didn’t really want to try this ‘ice-cream’, because Brown Ice? Gross. Plus, there was a good chance it was drugged. But at the princesses insistence, and the thought that they could resort to much cruder methods than drugging her food if they wanted, she tried a bite, and found she enjoyed it.

After a little while though, she noticed a creeping cold pain in her head, but wrote it off to whatever drug they were having her consume. It upset her a bit, the headache interfering with her ability to enjoy the ice cream, but she ignored it, while painful it wasn’t nearly as bad as other things she had to endure, though it was increasing with every bite.

Sadly, she quickly found herself out of ice cream, and the headache had built up to a throbbing pain, and without anything to distract her from it anymore, it suddenly seemed worse than before.

She stoically leans forward and puts her head on the table. The pain in her head grows worse and worse. She waits for the drugs to take affect.

“Are you alright?” Celestia-sama asked in fake concern.

“Besides this drug induced headache, yeah.” Hisako sarcastically replied, momentarily not caring that she’s royalty, cause of the headache.

“Drug?” She asked in fake surprise. She’s a rather good actor, because if Hisako didn’t know better, she would have been convinced.

“Yes, the one in the ice cream, that’s giving me this killer headache. What’s even suppose to do? Knock me out? Loosen my tongue and spill secrets? All it seems to be doing is give me a headache.” Hisako irritably replied.

“I would never drug you!” She gasped, doing a good job at sounding horrified at the thought. “What you are probably experiencing is just an ice cream headache. I warned you to eat it slowly.”

“Whatever.” Hisako proceeded to close her eyes, and ignoring the world in favor of being mad at her headache.

She probably sat there for half a minute, before Celestia-sama drew her attention. “Here, drink this. It will help.” Reopening her eyes, she found a cup of tea floating in front of her. She obediently took it between her hooves, sipped some, and was pleasantly surprised that she was telling the truth.

They sat in silence for a few minutes, Hisako sipping her tea, relieved at the fading headache. While she has dealt with far worse pain, it was still far from enjoyable. She also contemplated the tea. It was different from any kind she had before, and while she was hardly a Tea Aficionado, she has sampled several types. Yet this isn’t like any others, not even the imported teas. Was she captured by someone outside the elemental nations?

“So, how old are you?” Celestia-sama probed.

Hisako stayed silent for several moment, considering how she should answer. Telling them absolutely nothing would just be useless for both parties, but there could be some things which would be harmless to release. Her age seemed like one of those things, a offering to show she will at least play the game. As such, she responded with a simple “Seven,” before going back to her tea.

She doesn’t notice the look of horror on the white horse’s face.

Comments ( 35 )

As such, she responded with a simple “Seven,” before going back to her tea.
She doesn’t notice the look of horror on the white horse’s face.

What? Is it now not allowed to have soldiers the age of seven? Yes? Oh, oh.
I should definitely check the law the next time I build up a private army...


Just kidding. It's kind of funny how Equestrians are reacting to her... more!
:derpytongue2:

5735909 Pretty soon, she's going to be reacting too!

5736859 I just hope it's not the bloo... I mean very unfriendly way.

5736957 Oh well, I am just happy to get new chapters, and the current average time needed for them is only 9 days!

5736962 But it's been 5 weeks...

5894558 Me and Trondason have been procrastinating like hell hath no fury. Sorry.

5895174 I feel your pain.

5897092 *CRY*
Soooo long?

5897193 We'll try and get back on it.

5898003 Wait, Recondigitoning wasn't updated in the last seconds either...
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

um bloody mists only exist in anime

6710274 I don't know much about Naruto. You should really tlk to Trondason about that. He's a tad bit angry at me for not helping. I hve so much wok to dO!

6710792 bloody mist is not real!!!!!!1 this stroy is unrealistic!

6712469 Aki. I will not hesistate to block you.

6712473 i am not dojng anything wrong im just pointing out a fact that admittedly you cant do anything about

6712483 want to do a collab? you can do the pony knowlege stuff and i can do the grammar ayd speling and engaging story ok? (serioally)

6712487 Ok, what should it be about? I think we should do a sci-fi story, but it's up to you.

6712496
6712473 lets do a collab we can do it seriously. I'll do the grammar, writing, and story, and you can add ponies

Well, this sucks. Found this fic, got into it, got excited for the next chapter, and then realized this has been dead for a couple years.

Any chance of reviving it?

8548188
Maybe?

Sorry school Andy idea kind of yook over Andnaruto got long and dragged out

do you still write on this story? I always forget to check if the story is still alive if I get a note about a story added to a group, I don'T really get why they don't only take those that are more or less updated within 1-2 years into the group at least.

8550823
I have a hard time with life. No promises, but we are trying to get this story started again. It's just life is hard and scheduling two together harder in order to writer.

8550837
Oh okay then you are sadly one of those that have huge problems while trying to write? I already know a few authors that had such problems, so I can understand it now.

8550876
no. Life.

With boy scouts
college apps
jobs
community service
sports
homework
school
lack of sleep forms.
LAKFJ;saifvgn; lksan;sclkm

Those problems.

We'll try though.

Are you still trying to update this? Just asking not trying to be rude.

8950211
Maybe. I have other projects though, so not in the foreseeable future.

8950437
Ok it's your decision. This story had a wonderful start and still has great potential. I don't normally read these kinda ninja fanfics.:twilightsmile::pinkiesmile:

8950561
Thank you. It was originally a two person project as can be seen, but we've went our separate ways and life and other projects have just... kind of taken over.

Apologies, but we do write other fics.

Much to my eternal shame. Gods above, I hate some of my older stories.

I hate being "that guy" but is this story canceled or on indefinite hiatus?

9624442
Probs cancelled. Trondason and I kind of fell out of love with the Naruto fandom(Damn stupid jump the shark arcs) and... well yeah.

I really liked this to bad you cancelled it, but it was great while it lasted.

Login or register to comment