• Published 2nd Mar 2015
  • 675 Views, 2 Comments

Pink Tentacles - Ponyess



Pinkie Pie chose to take an early morning stroll along the streets of Ponyville, with only a trusty flashlight in her mane. There apparently was a lost Pony out there, a very strange one with tentacles for mane and tail.

  • ...
5
 2
 675

Tenacious Reach: 2

Author's Note:

Tenacious Reach's POV

.

I had just stumbled into a small village. Slowly trotting along the street as this pink mare bounced up and stopped a few yards before me. Aside from being pink, there wasn’t much special to her, aside from the tightly curled up mane. Then I noticed how she was holding a flashlight in the very same mane. Despite her being an Earth Pony.


.

She giggles, much more than the common mare ever would. She scared me. Maybe it is in how she holds the flashlight in her mane. She isn’t menacing or threatening in any way. It is just the way she is so utterly out of place. How she did, what no Pony should be capable of doing.

Everything about her spoke of an Earth Pony mare. Yet, no Pony is bouncing, and certainly not in this hyper manner. Then she showed me trickery of Unicorns and Pegasi, aside from her very own brand of antics, as she called them. Then she couldn’t stop herself, muzzling me from yards away. As good and comforting as the touch was, the way she did it. Just sent shivers down my spine. She made my tentacles all stand on end. I lost even the last of the control of them I usually do have.


.

Apparently, her name is Pinkie Pie. The village is called Ponyville, how quint? She even admitted to them having a Zebra close by. What ever a Zebra is. I never heard of them, or what ever a Zebra is? Apparently, she is a friend of said Zebra too. Besides, she has an insane amount of friends, from what she had told me.

Either she is all the way out there, or she has a problem with what is reality. Unless she truly did have all this many friends. There is something about her. She made me want to be her friend. Despite herself, and myself, she managed to make us into friends, with little to no effort.


.

Aside from the outwards antics she sprinkle the room with, there still is something to her. I could as well admit it. She may be my first and only friend who is an Earth Pony, or any Pony other than a Tentacle Pony like myself.

At the end of her show, she convinced me to follow her. I am itching to touch her with my tentacles, but something holds me back, maybe the warning of the previous encounter with Earth Ponies. To us, it is a sign of attention, it feels good to know you are not ignored. Oh, maybe that is why. The way she is holding the flashlight with her mane. It is as if she was like me in ways I couldn’t put a hoof, or tentacle on.


.

I had seen Ponies with styled and stylish manes and tails, but none quite like the way she kept hers in. On her, it isn’t feeling as if it was outwards styling or forced upon her. Maybe it is Magic since there is no other way to put things.

What I had never seen, is an Earth Pony like the Pinkie Pie I had before me. What was I to do? I just could not pass up; what was so obviously offered to me.

As she started to bounce, and bounce off in a new direction, I could but follow her, towards where she was going. Even as a Tentacle Pony, I was poorly prepared for what was coming to pass. To see her bounce by my side, with these strange squeaking noises is one thing. I had seen it one already. Maybe I should have known, maybe I should have realised, but I did not. I had already seen her with the flashlight, the very one she still pointed squarely before her, lighting the way for the both of us as we move on, to where ever she was going off to next.


.

If she had been strange and unpredictable before, she soon was before me, only galloping backwards before me, as if to say something, in order to make a point.

“I see you!” she merely exclaimed, making eye contact, making something strange with her eyes, emphasising the words as she spoke them.

What ever did she mean, and how could she possibly know? The actions so fluid, as if she had been a river flowing by my side. It is as if it had been choreographed and rehearsed in advance. Yet, she could never have known of me and my existence before she set eyes on me?

I know I never told her, just as I have no reason to assume any other Pony did tell her about this. Yet, after a while, I feel a few strands of her mane moving along my back, almost as if she had been one of us, rather than one of them. Who and what ever is she. I almost missed a step as I realised what she was doing. Knowing it was her, and that it was on purpose threw me off. In both a good and a bad way, both at the same time.

The fact that she knew me and of me, trying to console me in my time of need and solitude feels surprisingly warm. Yet, the way she knew these things are scary. I had no explanation as to how she knew of it. For now, I dare not speak of her to any Pony. If she already knew, I guess it wouldn’t really matter what I told her. Unless I was pissing her off, thus causing something bad to happen to me, and my kin. I couldn’t take that chance either.


.

I can see that she clearly knows where she is and what she is doing. Just that, it is still as if she doesn’t have a clue as to how or why it actually works. Like; hay I have a horn, I work magic, but I have no idea what magic is or how it works. Which kind of reminds me of my tentacles, I don’t really know how or why they do what they do. Even if I notice them directing towards where I look, and what I focus on. I just don’t like to think of it, not like this.

To see a Pony at full gallop is one thing, but when this mare is doing it backwards before me, how am I to react? To see her with the flashlight was one thing, but now she is clearly caressing my back with her main. As if she had been a Tentacle Pony. She gives me the impression she is experienced and knows what she is doing.

Her antics had initially made her come out as an airhead, yet now she proved that assumption wrong, dead wrong. If it was merely the knowledge, I could have seen her as an elder mare. Just that the way her words came out, makes her into something more, something else. Maybe she could be considered an Oracle as well, while I am at it. At least, that would explain how she knows, what she clearly had no reason knowing.

Looking at her face, I see an excited Pony, once who knows all things fun and enjoyable. She can be both sensitive and dramatic, in ways I couldn’t quite grasp. Of course, she isn’t old. The vibrant spirit about her gave me the impression of a Mare who barely moved out to her own home. Oh yeah, speaking of Spirits, the spirit feels as if it could have been both immortal and timeless.


.

Even though she kept staring at me, as if to say that I was at the centre of her world and attention, she clearly knows exactly where she is. The twists and turns she made. Only to stop dead in her track, a mere yard from the door of what had to be a castle. They have a castle like this in such a small and seemingly irrelevant village. I would never have entered a community large enough to have a royal castle in the first place, not if I knew of the castle being there in the first place.

--- --- ---