• Published 2nd Mar 2015
  • 668 Views, 2 Comments

Pink Tentacles - Ponyess



Pinkie Pie chose to take an early morning stroll along the streets of Ponyville, with only a trusty flashlight in her mane. There apparently was a lost Pony out there, a very strange one with tentacles for mane and tail.

  • ...
5
 2
 668

Tentacles are Prologue: 1

Author's Note:

Pinkie Pie's POV

.

”Hmm, I know it isn’t morning, any time soon!” I told myself, as if I tried to convince my body to agree to go back to sleep, I failed, and miserably.

Of course, there is no way back to sleep, right now. Besides, my mane is curling up. Something told me I was to find a new friend out on the street, roaming. Who ever it could be, I had to find her. No time to waste here.

The blue and yellow balloons glaring down at me as I slip out of my bed. Then I noticed the one pink balloon, daring a glance at me as it poked out from under my bed. It gave me the impression, it had something to tell me, but how can I even hear the words?

I arm myself with the one flashlight, standing beside my bed, strategically waiting for thew moment. It felt as if it had been placed there, for just this one odd occurrence. But that would be impossible, by any normal standards. Just that I am not the one normal Pony, I am Pinkie Pie. Things doesn’t work in the normal manners, not to me.

I know I have been bothering a few and more so on the case of Twilight Sparkle, than the most. Her failure to understand me had frustrated her on many occasions, particularly the one time, when she tried to understand how my Pinkie Sense works. She failed miserably, naturally.

Had I been a different Pony, maybe I had been laughing at it, and her. Yet, I never really did. I had enjoyed her following me on the day, yet I never made anything to make her feel bad about it.

With the darkness, and the early hour in mind, I quietly sneak out, merely stopping to open the door, slipping out, before I close it behind me, before I float down the stairs in fluid, yet quiet motions, before I move to the outer door, opening it, slipping out and close the door behind me, leaving no trace to my escape.


.

Originally, I had no idea, as to where this new Pony could possibly be. I just realised, she couldn’t be in the middle of town. Then I merely followed my senses and hunches towards where she ended up being.

As the beam of light finally hit her, I had gone almost all the way out of the village. Maybe this should have been expected. Aside from her mane and tail, she appears to be a fairly normal little filly. Her mane is more glossy than the standard mane would be, and it did show well in the weak light of the flashlight. Yet, it looks as if the strands are clumped together into what looks like tails of small snakes, rather than free flowing hair.

“Hiya, I am Pinkie Pie!” I exclaimed in a bubbling greeting, just as I locked eyes with the new Pony, as strange as she may be looking at first glance.

I could see the little filly withdraw into herself as she stopped dead in her tracks, while her mane started to wave, as from an unfelt breeze on the early morning air. Now she looks more lonely and afraid than cute.

Then I noticed how the snake like tentacles cling to her hindquarters, where she stands, looking up at me, not knowing what to do for a moment. Then she obviously thought better of it. Was it the flashlight in my mane?

“Hi, Pinkie!” she squeaked.

Now I noticed how her eyes were focused on my flashlight. Whatever the significance, but I am the only Pony in Ponyville would could perform the trick. Only she had no way of knowing that.

“Your mane? But, but. You are not a Tentacle Pony?” she stammered quietly in her still squeaky voice.

“Of course not, silly. I am an Earth Pony. You never saw an Earth Pony?” I enquired.

“An Earth Pony? You do look like an Earth Pony. Yet, no Earth Pony can hold on to a flashlight with her mane the way you do. At least, that is what I was told!” she responded.

“I know. Earth Ponies can’t do this, either!” I suggested as I stretched my neck out, almost touching her muzzle with my own, from where I stand, looking at her from three yards away, where I had stopped.

“Hay, I can’t do that either. No Pony could do that!” she gasped in disbelief.

“Of course not, silly. Just like no Earth Pony could do this?” I continued as I suddenly floated up to the height of a foot up in the air.

Apparently, I was enjoying myself too much to realise how odd and scary it would be to a little filly.

“Pinkie, could you make up your mind? Who and what are you? I am starting to feel confused here!” she exclaimed in agitation.

“Nopey, dopey. I’m just being ridiculous. No Pony can be as silly as me. Hay, not even I could be that silly. I am just too silly for that!” I countered.

“Okey, Pinkie. I guess I could agree with you on that point. You are too silly. You sound as if you were compensating for something, like too short tentacles?” she pointed out.

“I don’t have tentacles, I never had tentacles. But, I guess my tentacles are too short for you to see me as a tentacle Pony? I just try to compensate for too few parties and too little partying. Oh, but aside from way too few friends. I never seem to have enough friends!” I responded.

“Sounds like good enough a reason. Too short tentacles is a serious handicap. It is still too early to have a party, at least to me. You don’t have enough friends? I guess I could be your friend!” she responded.

“Thanks, I really needed that. My friends rarely understand me. If you like to, you sure can!” I pointed out.

“My name is Tenacious Reach. Sorry, I forgot to mention. You are the first Earth Pony who wanted to be my friend. Or the first Pony of any kind who isn’t a Tentacle Pony, for that matter!” she responded.

“It slipped my mind too, amongst all the silly antics. How could a Pony ever have enough friends, Tenacious? Even if the entire village of Ponyville is my friends. On the other hoof, I think I need to throw you a Welcome to Ponyville Party. Preferably some time later today!” I proclaimed.

“You know, Pinkie? You are the first Pony I could respect enough to call my friend, who isn’t a Tentacle Pony. Even with all your antics, but you have enough control of your mane, not to be a total outcast and utterly shunned and ridiculed, back home!” she pointed out, head downcast and eyes glued to the ground, just before her fore-hooves.

“We initially reacted much in the same way, when the first Zebra came to our small town. She was so weired and acted so strangely, when we first saw her, wearing that hood of hers. Thankfully, we soon learned that Zecora is quite the nice Zebra. She is one of my bestest of friends!” I responded with a silly giggle.

Then I landed, only to bounce up and down, several feet up into the air.

“You did? Zebra, what is a Zebra? I have never even heard the word before. Bestest? You really are a silly Pony. Maybe that is why I like you so much?” she responded, with a slight giggle and the seed to a smile on her muzzle.

--- --- ---