• Published 1st Mar 2015
  • 597 Views, 1 Comments

The Lifespan of a Princess - Henyoki



Twilight is full-grown and deals with the sad reality of the life of a princess

  • ...
3
 1
 597

A Dragon's Advice

Twilight hides in her castle for about a month, not coming out, mostly reading books and hiding under her covers. Her room is a complete mess, and her heart feeling empty and cold. Twilight finally gets enough courage to come out of her home, walking solemnly through the castle corridors once more. Once outside, the warm, blazing sun meets her, she cringes at its blinding light. Twilight makes her way towards a tall cave, inside a mountain, (The same one From 'Dragonshy' episode) making use of her wings. Twilight has gotten quite used to them by now.

Twilight flies to the top of the mountain, finding the dimly lit cave. She lands herself among the plentiful rocks and gravel, dusting herself off, she begins to walk towards the entrance of the large lair, her shoes making scuffing sounds on the gravel.

"Hello?" Twilight's voice echoes loudly in the large cavern, making her way to the largest part of the cave, she sees a sleeping figure under loose gravel.

"Spike?" Twilight calls out as makes it closer to the sleeping figure. The huge mass begins to move, shaking the gravel off, and looking at Twilight, the huge purple dragon yawning before speaking in a gravely, deep voice.

"Twilight. So, you've come to see me?" Spike smiles a large smile, one of his fangs poking out underneath his lip.

"Yes. I've come to talk to you, about some things." Twilight replies, looking solemnly at Spikes huge mass of scales.

"Come, let's go outside. I'd like to feel the sun on my scales." Spike gets up, all the gravel shifting, he shakes the dirt off, and lets Twilight climb on his claw, while he walks out of the cave onto the outer side of the mountain. Spike, sets Twilight down, and stretches his large scaly body, some dirt falling out from in between his scales. His purple and light green scales glisten in the light of the sun as he cracks his joints.

"So, what is it you wanted to talk to me about, Twilight?" Spike looks at Twilight, curious.

"We've lost Applejack. I...I knew this day would come, but Spike...What happens when you leave as well? I don't know what I'll do..."

"Twilight, It'll be alright, I am not going to leave for a very long time. You know us dragons have very long lifespans. You mustn't worry."

"I just don't see how you're so content about this, Spike..."

"Oh Twilight, I am a mature dragon now. Our emotions are much more developed than a pony's. We can control it easily. You know I will always be here for you, until the day I die."

"Don't say that Spike..."

"You know it to be true, Twilight. Come here." Twilight gets close to Spike, as he gently picks her up, hugging her. "Now, doesn't this make you feel a bit better?"

"Yes, Spike. Thank you." Twilight and Spike hug for a while, until he puts her down again, looking at the sun.

"You must appreciate the sun's beauty while it lasts. Not every pony can become a princess. Their days are limited, and so they spend them enjoying life. You, too, must enjoy life. It will not always be there for you."

"I know Spike. I'm in such dark times, I...I don't know if I'll ever be able to recover..."

"You will, Twilight. You will recover and be the best princess you can be, I know of it."

"Thanks Spike. I just, miss them so much..."

"We all do, Twilight. Princess Celestia, and Luna, have gone through so many losses as well, you should talk to them. They can help you more than I."

"That's it!" Twilight jumps up, her eyes sparkling with inspiration. "Oh thank you Spike! Thank you, thank you!"

"You're very welcome." Spikes smiles, sitting as if he were a gargoyle, looking majestic in the sun's light.

"I will go to see the princesses right away!" Twilight gives Spike a quick hug, feeling the warmth from his body on hers. She then flies off in the direction of Canterlot. Spike stretches as he watches her fly off, then begins to walk back into his cave, his tail whipping around as he turns.