• Published 24th Feb 2015
  • 2,393 Views, 37 Comments

I Love to Make You Smile - Zaid ValRoa



Pinkie Pie promised Twilight she'd always make her happy. Even in spite of her own happiness.

  • ...
10
 37
 2,393

Yesterday

Twilight flipped a page of the book in front of her as she skimmed the lines of text, only half-paying attention to what she read. Her mind was otherwise focused on the locks of curly pink hair that poked from under her chin.

Pinkie Pie laid on the wood floor of the library, her head was nestled between Twilight’s forearms. Her breathing was slow, showing she was drifting off to sleep. Twilight smiled and gently rubbed her cheek on top of Pinkie’s head as she flipped the next page of the book, and gave a content sigh.

“If you’re not reading, then nuzzle me properly,” the pink mare said in a sleepy tone.

“How do you know I’m not reading?” Twilight asked, nudging her marefriend playfully on her side.

Pinkie giggled, Twilight’s head jittering as a result, “I see you read all the time, silly, I know when you’re not into it,” she said. Pinkie Pie then rose her head and turned around so she could nuzzle Twilight.

“Then what am I into, Pinkie?” the unicorn whispered into Pinkie Pie’s ears. She then pulled her closer and gave her a strong embrace.

“Oh-ho-ho, I think I know…” Pinkie Pie said, leaning in for a kiss.

“I’d tell you two to get a room, but I guess that’d be redundant,” a voice said.

Both ponies turned around to see a young dragon eyeing them over a comic book.

“Oh, Spike, sorry. We didn’t--” Twilight started, but Spike waved them off.

“It’s alright, I know when it’s my cue to leave,” Spike said. He jumped from the cushion he was sitting on and rolled up his comic book.

“Thanks, Spike!” Pinkie Pie said, rubbing her face with Twilight’s.

“I’ll start making dinner,” he said. Once he reached the doorway, he turned around, “and girls, try not to be so noisy,” he added with a smirk.

“We--” Twilight said, but was cut off once again.

“I make no such promise!” Pinkie Pie said.

Twilight gave her marefriend a look of mock annoyance that turned into a hungry stare. Spike gave them a smirk and closed the door behind him. Just as the dragon left, Pinkie Pie turned around and tackled Twilight, sending both of them rolling on the floor before crashing on the pile of cushions at the end of the room. Pinkie Pie laid on top of Twilight, staring down into her violet eyes.

“Hi,” Pinkie Pie said.

“Hello,” Twilight said back.

A feather, probably coming from one of the cushions they had hit, floated down until it set on top of Twilight’s muzzle. She was about to shake it off, when Pinkie Pie got ahead of her and blew the feather away… Only for it to land on top of Pinkie’s nose.

They giggled.

Twilight blew off the feather off of Pinkie’s nose, and kept her lips puckered. Pinkie Pie smile and leaned forward, closing her eyes, and giving Twilight a kiss.

Both mares lost themselves in the sensation of having the other’s lips against their own. After what felt like an eternity and yet not long enough, they broke the kiss and contented with staring into each other’s eyes.

“Hey, Pinkie,” Twilight said, after a while.

“Yes, Twiley?” Pinkie Pie said , scratching the back of Twilight’s head with her hoof.

“Promise me things will always be like this,” Twilight said as she rubbed the tip of her nose against Pinkie’s.

“Like what?” Pinkie Pie said as she nuzzled back.

“Like this,” Twilight said, scooting closer to Pinkie’s body and resting her head over her shoulder, “just this happy.”

Pinkie Pie crossed her heart with her free hoof and then hugged Twilight, “I promise I’ll always do my best to make you smile, Twi.”

Both mares smiled as they enjoyed each other’s company, not caring about anything else in the world.

Yes. Life was good.