• Published 22nd Feb 2015
  • 5,141 Views, 33 Comments

A Really Unexpected Reunion - Killjoy_Writer



Princess Twilight Sparkle, now married to Flash Sentry and living happily with him and two children, was not expecting to see a rather distant family member.

  • ...
20
 33
 5,141

Three - Once a Crusader, Always a Crusader Part One

----Once a Crusader, Always a Crusader Part One----

Nyx walked along the streets on a pleasant summer morning, her nostalgia going head-over-hoof with every turn of the head or every movement of the eye. Over the decade or so of her absence, things certainly have changed. Heck, even Mayor Mare stepped down and let somepony else have a turn as Mayor. It's going to be a little weird calling her "Mayor Mare" while there is a new mayor. Nyx let her thoughts wander too much and she bumped into another pony, causing both of them to stumble to the ground. During the transaction, her hairband came loose and fall to the ground. "Ah'm so sorry!" the pony apologized. "Ah should've watched where Ah was goin'."

"I should have as well." Nyx apologized back as the pony helped her to her hooves.

"Here's your band." the pony continued. Nyx now saw that the pony was a mare, one that she vaguely remembers. "Applebloom?" Nyx wondered.

"That's mah name!" Applebloom agreed. "What's your's?"

"Do you really not remember me, old friend?" Nyx wondered.

"Can't say that Ah do." she admitted. With a small chuckle, Nyx closed her eyes and fixed her band back on her head. Applebloom looked at her in confusion with a tilted head. After tying the band, Nyx smiled and opened her eyes. Realization started to strike Applebloom like lightning. "Wait just a darned second." Applebloom started. "Is that really you Nyx?"

"Yes it is!" Nyx answered. She fell back again, only because Applebloom tackled her in a big hug. "It's been forever since Ah've seen ya!" she announced.

"I.....could tell...." Nyx strained. Applebloom certainly has gotten stronger in her absence was a thought that entered her mind. From a small filly who could barely kick a tree's worth of apples down to a full-grown mare, it's quite a big change. After a few seconds of oxygen deprivation, Applebloom released her grip off of her long-forgotten friend.

Nyx took a few minutes to gain back some oxygen before continuing their conversation. "So," Nyx started, "I hear that Scootaloo is a racer and Sweetie Belle is a singer."

"And they're married with their own children." Applebloom added as they started to head in Applebloom's original direction.

"Oh really?" Nyx wondered.

"Darned tootin'!" Applebloom confirmed. "Same here as well!"

"Congratulations." Nyx nodded. "So who was it?"

"How about Ah keep that a secret until we reach my place?" Applebloom offered.

"Still living in Sweet Apple Acres?" Nyx wondered.

"Ah am but my husband and Ah still wanted a house inside Ponyville cause Sweet Apple Acres is relatively low on housin' space." she explained.

"I could tell." Nyx chuckled. "Seems like your family keeps on growing."

"You don't say." Applebloom chuckled.


After a quick lunch, another lengthy walk, and a finished conversation, they finally reach Applebloom's house inside Ponyville. With a nudge of the door, Applebloom and Nyx walked in. The cool air from the air conditioner ran along Nyx's fur and cause a small shiver when she stepped in. She didn't realize how hot it was outside until she stepped into a house. Applebloom set her saddlebags on the counter and brought out various items: a pouch of bits, a bundle of grapes, a bag of apples, some marshmallows, and a recipe book. While this was going on, Nyx decided to walk around the house. To her surprise, the interior was remodeled to look like it was at Sweet Apple Acres. "You want anything, Nyx?" Applebloom asked as Nyx finished her self-tour of the house.

"You know," Nyx started as she walked into the kitchen, "It's been a while since I've had a bottle of Cider." Just the mere mentioning of the Apple family's signature Apple Cider made her mouth water.

"There's some in the fridge. Third shelf." Applebloom explained as she started to mix some ingredients in a boiling pot. With a smile, Nyx opened the fridge and, just like Applebloom said, there were about ten bottles of unopened Apple Family Apple Cider. She levitated one out and popped the top. A chill went down her spine when she took her first gulp it what feels like forever. "Where have ya been all this time?" Applebloom wondered.

"Just going from place to place." Nyx answered before taking another gulp and earning another shiver. "All I did was explore Equestria. Some of the towns even threw a welcome party despite my previous...boo-boos, as Rarity would put it."

"That's a surprise." Applebloom nodded before covering the pot. "Seeing as thought you also brought eternal night for a few weeks."

"It was a surprise to me as well." Nyx agreed before finishing the bottle.

Then the door opened and Nyx heard two sets of hooves as the ponies entered. Their conversation stopped as they got near the living room. "Something smells good!" one pony called out, referring to dinner. The voice was recognizable, despite being slightly, like by a hair, deeper. But it was one the Nyx knew.

"Pipsqueak?" Nyx wondered as she joined the ponies in the living room.

"By Celestia!" Pip smiled as he stood. "If it isn't Nyx! So good to see you!"

"Same to you!" Nyx replied as the hugged each other.

"How long have you been in Ponyville?" he asked.

"One night and a full day."

"Where did you sleep?"

"The public records room in the Castle."

"Twilight must've been happy to see you."

"Oh she was." Nyx nodded. "Now Applebloom told me about your child."

"Ah, yes. Api!" Pip called out to the other pony. "Come here!"

"Comin'!" Api called back.

The pony who came up to her was about her shin's height. But what made Nyx chuckle was the fact that she had completely identical features from both Applebloom and Pipsqueak. To list, she had the mane and tail, both color, except for a darker red highlight, and style. She even had one of Applebloom's bows around the base of her tail. She also had a few brown spots on her fur just like Pip. "She certainly is your child." Nyx chuckled lightly before stretching a hoof out. "Hello, Api. I'm Nyx. I grew up with your parents."

"Hello, Nyx." she greeted back with a shake of her hoof. "What's with your eyes?" Nyx winced a little and realized what she was referring to. But nonetheless, she had to answer.

"You may not believe it but I am," Nyx started and realized her mistake, "WAS Nightmare Moon. Long story."

"OOOOhhhh!" Api replied with a look of interest. "I want to know how you were Nightmare Moon. If you don't mind that is."

"It'll have to wait until after dinner, Api." Applebloom stated. "Dinner's ready."

Over the delicious meal of homemade hay fries and spaghetti, Nyx explained to Applebloom and Pip her adventures through Equestria. She told how most of the towns completely ignored her as if she were a regular pony and how some threw her a welcome party and even a birthday party for her. But she also explained that they were not like Pinkie's in anyway in the fact that they were simple. After they ate, Nyx and Api sat in the living room as Nyx told her he story, both good and bad parts, from start to finish. To much of her surprise, Api was rather interested. Once she finished her story, she knew by the moonlight coming in from the window that it was time for her to rest. Applebloom offered her the bed in the guest room but she declined.

After everyone was in bed, Nyx's nostalgia spike kept her up. After looking over Applebloom's bookshelf, she found a photo album. Nyx knew that Applebloom wouldn't mind if she looked through it. She got back on the couch and and opened it. the first picture was a family photo of just Applebloom, Pip, and Api. With each page, she smiled. From cover to cover, she kept a grin. Knowing that her friend had found a great happiness in her life. She let out a small yawn and levitated the book back to its place back on the shelf. After looking out the window and basking a little in Luna's moon, she lowered her head and closed her eyes.

She knew that it's going to be interesting catching up with the past.

Author's Note:

The reason why it says part one is that, well, you've probably guessed it by now, I'm doing each part for each Crusader. INCLUDING Babs. But the Babs part will be my own addition to the Kilalaverse because SOMEONE (coughcoughKilalacoughcough) didn't bother to put in Babs. It will also be a hint at a future fanfic. I'll also reference a few other K-verse related fanfics.


With Applebloom down, Nyx knows that she'll have to put the other three on hold until she's done in Ponyville. She's in for a few more surprises down this "road of enlightenment".

Stay tuned for Chapter Four - Schoolhouse Apples Part One!

-TheNightShade