• Published 22nd Feb 2015
  • 5,130 Views, 33 Comments

A Really Unexpected Reunion - Killjoy_Writer



Princess Twilight Sparkle, now married to Flash Sentry and living happily with him and two children, was not expecting to see a rather distant family member.

  • ...
20
 33
 5,130

Two - Catching Up

----Catching Up----

Flash Sentry looked around the castle for his wife, calling out to her occasionally. Then, he encountered a patrolling guard. "Lieutenant Colonel." he started. The Lt. Col. stopped and saluted. "Yes, Captain?" the guard asked.

"Have you seen my wife?" Flash asked.

"I think I saw her going down to the records room." he answered.

"Thank you, continue your patrol." Flash finished as he saluted back. The guard turned and went in the opposite direction of Flash's path.

Flash descended the stairs to the room. On the other side of the door, he could hear the voice of twilight and another pony, idly chatting about his marriage. He nudged the door open and the conversation halted. In addition to the conversation, a few scrolls and books floated in the air. "Is this the Flash Sentry you were talking about?" Nyx questioned.

"Yes." Twilight nodded as the scrolls and books continued to fly into the bookshelves.

"Twi?" Flash started as he pointed a hoof towards Nyx. "Who's that?"

"Flash." Twilight started, "This my be a little weird but this is my adopted daughter, Nyx."

"Hello." Nyx smiled.

"Twilight? A word." Flash requested. He and Twilight exited the room and closed the door.

Twilight knew that there was confusion and anger pent up inside her husband. He paced a little as he conjured what to say. He stopped and looked towards Twilight. "First," he started, "Is she really your daughter."

"Yes. Princess Celestia let me sign the legal documents." she replied.

"Second," he continued, "Is she Nightmare Moon?" Twilight saw this question coming from a mile away.

"WAS Nightmare Moon." Twilight corrected. "She was conjured from a spell a cult made that was intended to resurrect Nightmare. But it failed and she was the product." Twilight paused as memories came back while Flash waited for her to finish. "For months I had to keep her a secret." she continued. "Only my friend and the Crusaders knew about her secret. But then the cult came back and revealed that they were working in Canterlot and Ponyville. That's when......that's when they finished the spell."

"What happened next?" Flash asked, wanting more answers.

"She cast Celestia to the sun and Luna to the moon. Then brought a night eternal. But after she brought eternal night, she saw the wrong of her ways and resumed the day-to-night cycle." Twilight informed. "Then she rid of the infection that plagued the cult and in the process, destroying a part of her and injuring herself badly. But she had enough magic to let Celestia and Luna come back. That's when they decided to let me keep her. As a daughter."

"Third," Flash announced, "Why did you keep it a secret? From me. From your family."

"I didn't want you to know." Twilight admitted. "But now that you see her, guess we'll have to introduce her to the others."

"What others?" Nyx asked.

Her sudden appearance caused Flash to jump a little. "Nyx," Twilight started, "The "others" we were referring to were our children."

"Children? Plural?" Nyx asked. "You have children?"

"Yes." Flash nodded as his heart beat calmly. "We are about to sit down for breakfast. I think we have enough room for one more."

"No thank-" Nyx's response was cut off by the low growl of her stomach.

"This way." Twilight smiled as she led Nyx up the stairs.


Starburst and her brother, Night Light Jr., sat at the table while they waited for their parents. "Where are they?" Night asked.

"I don't know." Starburst replied with a sigh. "But I'm hungry." Then the door opened and they looked to see who was entering. It was their parents.

"There you are." Starburst groaned.

"Sorry we took so long." Twilight apologized.

"Don't worry about it." Night shooed the apology.

"Let's eat then." Flash declared.

After eating in silence for a few minutes, Nyx materialized undetected and began to eat. "So," Nyx began, "Starburst and Night Light?" Both of them jumped as they finally saw the mare.

"Night Light JUNIOR." Twilight corrected with a smile.

"Who is she? When did she get here?" Starburst asked.

"Nighty, Star, this is my ADOPTED daughter, Nyx." Twilight announced.

"Hello." Nyx greeted with a smile. Then came a torrent of questions that Twilight answered with ease. They were simple but similar to Flash's.

After explaining, Twilight had an idea. "How about you go from pony to pony to get more caught up?" Twilight proposed.

"Sounds like a plan." Nyx agreed.

"Who do you want to start with?" Twilight asked.

"How about the other Crusaders?" Nyx replied.

"How about the FORMER Crusaders?" Twilight corrected.

"They have their cutie marks?" Nyx questioned with a wide smile.

"Yes." Twilight nodded. "But it's going to a little difficult."

"How so?"

"Well," Twilight began, "Scootaloo is a race pony and Sweetie Belle is a professional singer."

"Ah." Nyx nodded. "So then I'll start with Applebloom then."

"Alright." Twilight nodded. After they finished breakfast, Nyx said her goodbye's and left in the direction of Sweet Apple Acres.

Author's Note:

Now semi-caught up with everything, Nyx has a few thoughts of what's happened. The next few days will add up to almost two months of going from friend to friend, princess to princess, to catch up with events. Good and bad. During this catching up, she'll become friends with their children.

Find out how it goes in Chapter Three - {Once a Crusader, Always a Crusader Part One!

-TheNightShade