• Published 16th Feb 2015
  • 4,933 Views, 172 Comments

A Visitor From Manehattan - ILIKEBOOKS



Coco Pommel is visiting Ponyville to help Rarity with a project but will she spark feelings in Spike that were reserved for Rarity?

  • ...
15
 172
 4,933

Chapter 3 Familiar Surroundings

Inside the Carousel Boutique Rarity was gathering cloth for her very long day ahead. "No, no this can't do, crimson red?, no of course not Ruby Red?, hmm,"

"Rarity, you've been searching through red cloth for like ten minutes now," Sweetiebelle said.

"Of course you wouldn't understand, I'm making a dress for a Princess she demands perfection!" She flipped her mane dramatically

"Did she ever say that?" Sweetiebelle said.

"No, but she would expect nothing less, oh while you're here could you grab me some gems?"

"Oh no you are not getting me wrapped into this again," She said before walking up the stairs.

"Her nerve I swear, teens these days,"

"They're impossible,"

She turned around and saw the source of the voice. "Spikey!," she walked up and gave him a hug, then she realized somepony else was with him. She coughed to regain composure. "Oh, um hello Coco,"

"Hello Rarity, it's very nice to see you again,"

"Thank you, so it's time to get to work!" Rarity smiled, "With you and Spikey here this shall be a breeze,"

"So, what do you need me to do?" Spike asked.

"I want you do order the fabric from light to dark, then I want you to assist Coco with her two dresses,"

"What about you?" Spike asked.

"I'm fine, go get to it then," Rarity said.

"Spike frowned, "But I like helping you work,"

"I'm fine Spike hurry along,"

"Well um, okay," He walked away to his table where a bunch of cloth was "This might take a while,"

Half an Hour Later

Spike wiped his brow and smiled at his handiwork, "Okay next I help Coco," He walked over to the table where she was stitching a fabric together, "Hi Coco,"

"She looked up at him and smiled, "Hi Spike what do you need?

"I came to help you work,"

"Great!, let me show you what I'm doing," She lifted her hooves off the fabric and Spike looked at it.

"Wow, you can hardly tell it was stitched," Spike said approvingly. Which caused Coco to smile.

"Thank you Spike, so now I need some emeralds,"

"Got it!," Spike dashed off to the back of the building. Rarity walked up to Coco. Rarity scanned the dressed and nodded.

"Great job Coco, it looks almost done,"

"Thank you Rarity that means the world coming from you," She bit her lip. "Rarity?"

"Yes Coco?"

Coco rubbed her hooves together, "Um, I have a question," She said almost in a whisper. Rarity walked up to her.

"What's your question?" Rarity asked.

"Um.. are you and Spike....," She turned away.

"Are we what?" Rarity asked very intrigued.

"Are you and him...umm..dating?" Coco said.

Rarity's eyes widened and her cheeks felt like they were on fire. "Are me and Spike dating?"

"Oh, was that too personal?"

"No, there's nothing between us,"

"But he speaks well, high of you,"

"I'm afraid he's had a crush on me for while," Rarity looked down at the ground.

"For how long?"

"Four years,"

"Four years!?"

"I'm afraid so,"

"Rarity that's not a crush I think he's in love with you, you never turned him down?" Rarity covered her face.

"I know it's wrong but the way he treats me, he practically worships the ground I step on, do you have any idea how good that feels?"

Coco felt anger in her chest about to bubble over like boiled water, "You're using him,"

Rarity scowled. "I am not using him,"

"You're leading him on and exploiting his feelings for your own benefit," Rarity walked up to her and huffed.

"He volunteers to help,"

"Because he loves you,"

"He's my friend it's not like he ever complained," They were inches away from each other.

"Okay Coco I got the emeralds..., what's going on here?"

"Nothing," Rarity did a 180 and walked back to her table. Spike scratched his head and placed the basket on Coco's table.

"What was that about?"

"Me and her just had a little chat it's nothing, let's just get back to work,"

"Okay?" Spike decided it wasn't worth bugging them about.

Five hours later

"Well that's a wrap Spike, Coco I appreciate the help but it is getting rather late and I wouldn't want you two tired, so goodnight," Rarity said before walking upstairs.

"Goodnight Rarity," Spike said. He walked to the door and stopped, "You coming?" Spike opened the door. Coco walked up to him and exited. "Rainbow Dash had your bags taken to the castle,"

"I'm staying with you tonight?" Coco asked.

"Yep but don't worry we got a guest room for you," Spike said.

"Thanks,"

"No problem it's my pleasure, so what were you and Rarity talking about?" Spike asked.

"It's nothing," Coco turned away from him.

"You can tell me, what's wrong?"

"Spike do you love Rarity?" Coco whispered. Spike's cheeks turned crimson.

"Who told you?"

"R..Rarity did," Coco put her head down.

"Rarity sh..she knew?" Spike covered his head with his hands. Coco nodded. Spike eyes began to water.

"She never told me, why didn't she?, she knew I loved her and she did nothing!" Spike sat down against a wall, "Why didn't she just turn me down, all the years I waited and she knew," He laughed a dry humorless laugh. "I should of known a pony and a dragon, I must of been insane to believe there was a chance," He looked up at the starry sky, "Why am I so surprised I mean a dragon like me and a pony like her. I must be such a huge idiot"

"Don't talk about yourself that way!" Coco yelled. Which caused Spike to flinch, "Rarity's the fool, you're a great dragon she's the one missing out, if I was her I..," Coco caught herself and blushed. Spike raised an eyebrow.

"You'd what?," Spike stood up.

Coco covered her mouth, "I..I wouldn't miss my chance to be with somepony like.. you," She looked down. "I think your great Spike," She closed her eyes. "Please don't be mad at," she was interrupted by Spike putting his arms around her neck, She stood still from shock, she put her hooves around his neck.

"Thank you Coco that means a lot coming from you," He stared at her. She looks so beautiful, the way her mane shines in the moonlight he thought. She was blushing a bright crimson.

Is he? Coco closed her eyes and started to lean in, Spike did the same. Their lips were mere centimeters apart. Coco could feel his breath against her face.

"Hey you two!" A voice called, which caused Coco and Spike to jump away from each other, their faces were covered in red.

"Pinkie?, what are you doing outside so late?,"

Pinkie giggled "I always go walking late at night!," She lifted her tail, which had a small toothless alligator chewing on it. "Gummy enjoys it too,"

Always appreciated the beauty of the night, the still tranquility of it compared to the moving day, makes you ponder about life and what it means to be alive, most ponies are born in this stillness but spend their lives moving in the day and for what reason?, I do not know, I was born in this stillness I'll transcend in this stillness, the world moves around me but I can't touch it for I am just a alligator chewing on a pony's mane Gummy thought to himself. (Whoa heavy stuff bro)

"So what are you two doing out here?"

"We were just heading to the castle," And with that they split ways. Pinkie bounced away.

"They're totally going to date in a chapter or two," She said to nopony,"

Author's Note:

This took awhile but I hope you enjoy it!