• Published 16th Feb 2015
  • 4,913 Views, 172 Comments

A Visitor From Manehattan - ILIKEBOOKS



Coco Pommel is visiting Ponyville to help Rarity with a project but will she spark feelings in Spike that were reserved for Rarity?

  • ...
15
 172
 4,913

Chapter 4 More Than Friends?

"Wow," Coco looked at the giant crystal castle, "It's magnificent," They walked to the large double doors and Spike and opened them. Inside they walked along the long corridor. Coco felt the wall with her hoof, "Is that?,"

"Crystal?," Spike said. Coco turned towards him. "It's made of the same crystal as The Crystal Empires castle," he navigated her to the center room where seven thrones were place in a circle. Each throne had a cutiemark on it which belonged to the corresponding pony.

"Where are the guards?," Coco asked due to the building being exeedingly empty.

"There are none," Spike answered.

"Why not?,"

"Well that's because this castle is also the public library," Spike said as they walked up the crystal stairs.

"So how do you get any privacy?," Coco asked.

"Oh, that's my favorite part of this castle," He stopped at the top of staircase, "Check this out," He blew some fire into the air which caused a mostly transparent magenta shield to appear as fire touches it.

"That's amazing!, it's just like the shield covering Canterlot!," Coco put her hoof against it, the sensation felt like touching electrified glass. "How do I get through?," Coco asked. Spike smiled.

"Hold my hands," Spike said confidently. Coco blushed and put her hooves on his open hands. He slowly backed into the hallway. Coco felt the sensation once again but it traveled from her head all the way to her tail as she walked forward. Coco smiled. "That was a new experience,"

"Yeah it's pretty cool not to mention it's all powered by Twilight,"

"Princess Twilight Sparkle?,"Coco asked

"Yep, don't ask me how it works it's complicated alicorn magic," Spike walked to a door and opened it. This will be your room," Spike said. Coco looked through the room. Inside there was a queen sized bed and multiple dressers and a vanity. Coco opened a door and it led to a bath room "Wow this is like a five star hotel," Coco said.

"Except it's all free, after all you are our guest of honor," Spike said as he leaned against the door frame.

"Thank you Spike you're too kind," Coco gave him a light hug.

"No problem you deserve it," Spike smiled. They continues their embrace for a few more seconds and then they parted. "Well I'll be in the next room, have a good night,"

"You too good night," Coco closed the door and and took off her beret. She laid down on her bed and pulled the sheets onto her body. She sighed, "Today was a long day," but a image of Spike flashed in her head. She smiled. "I have a feeling I'm going to like my stay here," she closed her eyes and let sleep's sweet embrace overtake her.

Meanwhile

Spike was staring at his ceiling, he was trying to sleep but he kept thinking about Coco, "Why can't I get my mind off of her?," Spike said to himself, "No Spike you're not getting another crush on another beautiful mare, you already know what will happen, you're a dragon Spike you'll never date a pony," He blew smoke out of his nose. "Who does Rarity think she is!," Spike hopped off his bed. "Am I a bad dragon?," he walked to his mirror, "Am I ugly?," He felt his cheeks. "Maybe if I was a pony I could have a chance with somepony like Coco," He could swear he saw something in his mirror. He stared at the mirror and saw a reflection of a mare. It didn't take long for him to realize who it was.

"Celestia?," Spike said with disbelief.

"Hello Spike I felt something was wrong so I thought you needed somepony to talk to," she spoke in a soft voice.

"It's nothing," Spike said.

"Spike you've always been a bad liar," Celestia said. "Please tell me what's wrong dear,"

"It's just that well I'm a dragon," Spike said.

"How, is that a problem?," Celestia asked.

"It's just that I can't ever be in love with a mare,"

"Who told you that lie?," She said. This response confused Spike.

"What do you mean?,"

"Do you think in my very long life I've never seen a relationship between a pony and a dragon?," She smiled.

"Really?,"

"Spike it doesn't matter who you are or what you are, love isn't restricted to specific species," She stepped through his mirror. "Love always finds a way my son,"

Spike looked at her starry eyed. "Do you think I can ever be with a pony?," Spike asked. Celestia kissed his cheek.

"I don't see why not," Celestia closed her eyes, "Spike can you keep a secret?,"

"Of course,"

"I've never told anypony this, nearly a thousand years ago, after I banished my sister I fell into a depression, I did my work day by day without joy, then I met him,"

"Who was he?,"

"His name was Leshak The Merciful, he was the leader of the once great Draconian Empire,"

"He was a dragon?," Spike asked. Celestia smiled.

"He was the best dragon you could ever meet,"

"How did you get meet him?," Spike asked.

"In the tides of war," Spike could see sadness in her eyes. "It was a bad time Spike, we were in war against griffons," Spike eyes were wide open.

"We went to war against griffons?," Spike asked.

"Yes it was a horrific chapter of Equestria," she sat on his bed. "He and I were allies and we fought together, I guess our bond grew after the war," She chuckled, "I eventually fell for him, but due to political reasons we could never be together, I don't want to bore you with the details," she wrapped a wing around him. "He and I met in secret and we married, we spent hundreds of years together, but nopony knew of our love,"

"What happened to him?," Spike asked. She let a tear roll down her cheek.

"What happens to everypony, he died from age," Spike felt her pain. "I never thought it would happen," She wiped her cheek. "I thought I could never be happy again, but I did move on, I learned to love my position and accept my destiny," she hugged him tighter, "Spike the lesson here is that love can happen and it can be absolutly the best thing in the world, but it can also shatter your heart, but lucky for me I have you and Luna," she stood up. "Well I have to go, have a good night Spike," she stopped, "You remind me of him sometimes," and in a flash she was gone.

Spike looked at the picture of him and Celestia. "Love can happen to anypony,"