• Published 14th Feb 2015
  • 556 Views, 7 Comments

Pancakes at the End - oddsbodiKittens



Twilight has an interesting morning at home.

  • ...
 7
 556

Pancakes at the End

Twilight was so excited to find a new spell that could bring an inanimate object to life. She immediately began wondering on what to use it on. What about the books? Maybe they would spill their secrets to her rather than her having to read over them for hours on end. That would take the fun out of reading them, however. She could bring the broom to new life and have it clean the house on its own, but something like that might take a chance to have its freedom rather than doing what it’s always done. She then wondered what it might be like if these old walls could speak.

It was then that it hit her, her bright idea. She would attempt to cast the spell on her tree home. This tree has been around a long time and is sure to be able to impart some wisdom on the spritely little unicorn. She waited momentarily to contemplate consequences but could not seem to find any. After all, she was only giving a tree self-awareness, a voice. She could easily reverse the spell if she needed to. She levitated the book with her as she trotted outside.

She stood outside her tree home, reading over the spell once more. She was ready to do her magic, her horn glowing as her magical aura slowly consumed the ancient tree. With a burst of light, she fell back, her spell complete. She trotted back inside, eager to see the result. She could both hear and feel the tree breathing now, and it let out a long sigh.

“Hello, Twilight Sparkle,” it greeted her in a stoic, creaky tone. “Yes, I know who you are. You’ve lived within me long enough. I’m not sure whether to berate you for casting unknown magic on me or give you my gratitude.” Twilight shrank back, thinking she should have studied the spell more and practiced on something smaller.

“Do not worry, no harm shall come to you. I am Golden Oaks, the Library of Ponyville, as I’m sure you’re aware. I have lived here for a very long time, as you can also tell. It’s been very nice having somepony so enthusiastic about reading and the like living here once more. Especially one so strong and well-trained in the art of magic, that she might be able to help me.” Twilight nodded in response.

“I know of what is contained within the books lining my walls. I know of a spell that could free my spirit from this tree body and be a pony such as yourself. If you’re willing to help me with that.” Once again, Twilight just nods.

“You’ll need to turn around, and it’ll be the third book from the left on the second shelf. There should be a spell in there to release me from my prison.”

Twilight looked around quizzically, but shrugged it off. She just wanted to sling around some more magic because it’s kind of her thing. She then brought the book down and quickly whipped through it, eager to find the spell. About halfway through she stopped upon finding it. She scanned over it, mumbling a bit to herself as she read it, then shut it as she trotted to the center of the room.

She chanted out the incantation, her horn glowing as her magical aura began to swirl around the room. It eventually posited itself down into the center of the room. A flower budded up from the floor, the bulb growing larger and larger in mere minutes. Twilight took a few steps and just watched as the flower finally bloomed and within it lay a strange pony. She appeared as if she were made of wood. Twilight first took it in as being a puppet of some kind. That thought was quickly dispersed as it opened its eyes. It looked around and blinked a few times before trying to get up and stand. When she saw it struggling, Twilight hopped over to give it something to lean on. She felt how hard its skin was, and how it had a stickiness like sap to it.

Twilight pondered on what this strange pony was, then drew the conclusion that it must be the pony embodiment of Golden Oaks. Twilight carefully lead the pony upstairs, using a bit of levitation to help the other pony up and into the bed. Twilight didn’t think too much of leading another mare into her bed. Sure, the pony creature was kinda cute, Twilight thought, and she had come to love her new home in Ponyville some time ago. She gave the pony’s cheek a little nuzzle to illicit some kind of response. It had yet to have spoken since its arrival.

“H-hey, Twilight,” she smiled at the lavender unicorn. “Thanks for what you did. I’ve been waiting for so long to get out of there. I will warn that I’m not some malevolent spirit that’s been locked away for 1,000 years. I’ve just always yearned to be able to go out and about like the ponies I’ve seen for who knows how long now. I’ve especially grown fond of you, as I feel you have of me. It’s nice to see that this old girl’s still got it.” She gave a sly wink to Twilight.

Twilight pondered on where to go from here. She knew that Goldie was much older than her and had more experience. She didn’t have more experience as a pony, though. Neither of them did, really. Twilight had always been a bookworm. She just really loved her books. She had read several fairy tales and remembered one in particular that might help in turning Goldie into a real pony. She had thought of a way that she could possibly twist it though to her own means and entertainment.

She was interrupted by a rumbling in her stomach. She was hungry, and it was still early. She got an idea though, remembering the sappiness to Goldie. She ordered Spike to whip up some pancakes, pronto. Before she knew it, Spike had arrived with pancakes stacked near to the roof. She told him to be on his way out, that she and her new friend needed some alone time. What it boiled down to in the end was Twilight getting some of Goldie’s ‘syrup’ for her pancakes and sloppy make-out sessions. Oh yeah, they were in love.

Comments ( 7 )

What?
What?
What?
Well alrighty then.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

This is so ridiculous, I love it. :D

This is not your ordinary sappy love story...

5708262
Best comment so far XD

Well that escalated quickly. I just don't know what to say.

Login or register to comment