• Published 5th May 2012
  • 3,391 Views, 98 Comments

I Dream to Fly - MrDynasty



Scootaloo has a dream, a dream most pegasus can do at an early age. A dream to fly.

  • ...
7
 98
 3,391

Secluded Thoughts

Twilight, Spike and Scootaloo decided to visit Rainbow Dash, who was currently being held inside of the Canterlot Castle holding cells. The three were escorted by a guard who brought them inside the castle. Scootaloo was shaking in fear of what her idol had done to be given such a punishment as imprisonment. She began to imagine the possibilities to why she had been captured. She shook her head in distrust of her imaginings.


“You alright Scootaloo?” Spike said, walking over by her side. Twilight was escorted farther ahead, being talked to by a guard. Scootaloo looked over to spike with a saddened expression.


“Rainbow Dash couldn’t have done anything bad, why is she in jail?” Scootaloo said with a lump in her throat. Spike placed his arm around her neck and hugged her lightly.



“Try not to worry Scootaloo, maybe she just knocked over a statue or something. I’m sure Rainbow Dash wouldn’t do anything beyond an accident.” Spike encouraged Scootaloo, trying to make her more comfortable. Twilight looked behind her, noticing Scootaloo shaking nervously.


Twilight looked back over to the armoured guard who wasn’t showing any expression. “Excuse me for a moment will you.” Twilight informed.


The guard nodded, still with a blank face. “But of course.” He said with a soft voice, looking back at the stressed filly. Twilight turned back and headed towards Scootaloo. Spike noticed and took his arm off her, moving away to give room for Twilight.


Twilight approached Scootaloo, with a soft smile, trying to comfort her more. She began to walk aside the filly, who was still shaking slightly. “It’s okay Scoots, Rainbow Dash hasn’t done anything serious and is currently fine.” Said Twilight with a smiling expression. Scootaloo began to calm down, her shaking almost all but ceased as her expression turned into a slight relieved smile.


They all came across a large door that had many locks on them, there was also a sign above the door that informed it was the prison they had approached to. Aside the doors were two guards with sharpened spears, supposedly to keep the prisoners from escaping. One guard came over to Twilight, sheathing his spear to his side. “Are you permitted to be here?” He asked toward Twilight.


Twilight looked around her to see that the guards who were escorting them had left their sides. “Uhm… yes?” Twilight said with nervous smile. The guard’s expression changed to one of distrust. He began to un-sheath his weapon, before it got forced into it’s holder again by a blue magic aura that came from no where. “She’s with me.” Said a voice from behind Twilight.


The guard brought up his hoof in salute towards the captain of the guards. “I am sorry sir; I never knew they were here with permission.” Shining nodded lightly, saluting the guard. Twilight turned her head to see her brother, who was smiling back at her.


The doors to the prison began to unlock and open. The door slowly creaked open with a loud crunching sound coming from the hinges. Once opened, the prison revealed a long corridor with closed cells. Most were empty, just as if they had never been used. Twilight examined all the cells she could see, wondering how many were in the prison exactly. “Brother, how many cells are in this prison?” She asked in curiosity.


Shining went in front of them and looked around. “Right now, you can only see about fifteen, but there are about a hundred cells in total. Each of them is symmetrically the same, from floor to roof.” He said taking his helmet off. Twilight placed her hoof on her chin and thought for a moment.


“Wouldn’t there be more cells? I mean, isn’t this a high security prison?” She inquired.


Shining shook his head. “This is a dungeon, and having a dungeon under the castle would be unsafe. Holding big time offenders and serious law breakers in here would be endangering the safety of Canterlot Castle. Also, it’s not really a high security dungeon either. To put it simple, this dungeon is only for people like shop lifters and one time assaulters.” Spike started running across all the cells, examining each one for Rainbow Dash.


“She’s in cell forty three.” Shining shouted to Spike. The dragon nodded to the captain and ran across the dungeon, looking for the cell. Spike quickly disappeared around a corner. As Spike searched, Twilight again put on a confused expression towards her brother.


“Why not put her in any of these cells?” Twilight said, swinging her hoof across the cells she could see. “Wouldn’t it be better to put her in one that wasn’t so far away from the entrance?”


Shining shook his head again. “It’s safer for us and the prisoner to be kept far from the entrance for a magnitude of reasons. The most important reason would be so that if one of the prisoners escapes, we would know about it before they had the chance to.” Shining stated, pointing at some of the cameras in the room.


“I would have expected you to know this sis, since you are the pupil of the princess.” Shining proclaimed, smiling at Twilight.


Twilight went to open her mouth to talk before she was cut off by Spike, who was leaning around the corner to them. “I found cell forty three!” He shouted, motioning his arm for them to come over.


Scootaloo was just sitting on the ground. She was listening to Twilight and Shining talk about the dungeon, continuing to worry about why her idol was in it in the first place. Twilight crouched down to Scootaloo and looked at her with a smile. “You want to come with us, we’ll get her out, I promise.” Twilight said with hope in her voice.


The filly stood up and smiled, slowly trotting over to Spike, who was still leaning around the corner. They both ran around the corner and out of sight, leaving Twilight and Shining Armour alone. “You’re welcome.” Shining said, leaning over to Twilight. She looked slightly confused to what he meant.


Shining laughed lightly. “If it wasn’t for me, you’d most likely be in one of these cells. Considering how those guards back there didn’t seem too happy to see you.” Twilight then leaned over to her brother, giving him a hug.


“I’m so lucky to have a brother like you; I wish we could hang out more.” Twilight let go of him and started walking over to where Scootaloo and Spike went. She looked back at Shining. “Are you coming?” She said, standing still waiting for her brother to follow behind.


“Nah, you go ahead. I’ll give the guards an all clear to let you through though.” He said, waving to Twilight as he started to trot back to the entrance. Twilight waved back and continued trotting over to where Rainbow Dash’s cell was.


It wasn’t long before Twilight reached Spike, who had his claws on some bars around a cell. He was looking into the cell with a smile. “Where’s Scootaloo?” Twilight questioned as she looked around the large dungeon. Spike pointed to inside the cell he was looking in.


Twilight trotted over and looked inside the cell, seeing Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo hugging each other in a warm embrace. They were both smiling happily. “Scootaloo found out that she could fit through the bars of the cells. I’m guessing these weren’t made for fillies.” Spike proclaimed.


Twilight’s smile wiped away though, wanting to ask Rainbow questions. Rainbow let go of Scootaloo and looked over to the cell bars. “Twilight!” Rainbow Dash shouted. “Good, you can get me out of here.” She started whispering. “And between you and me, the food is horrible.”


Twilight giggled and looked back over to Scootaloo, who was still clinging on to Rainbow’s arm. “I’ll get you out, you need to answer me this though. How in Celestia did you get in Canterlot’s dungeon?” Rainbow’s ears flopped back as she looked away from Twilight and down to Scootaloo. She gave a deep sigh and took her arm away from Scootaloo, instead using them to cover the filly’s ears.


“I… uh… may have done a little breaking and entering...”

Author's Note:

This has only been proofread by me, so there may have been some mistakes or grammar incorections.

~~~ MrDynasty :moustache: