• Published 31st Jan 2015
  • 360 Views, 4 Comments

Downfall - Icu Zelith



Not everything is predictable. Mystery is a part of life. But one stallion hopes to overcome the worst of problems.

  • ...
1
 4
 360

The Past: Alleviation

"I'm so sorry!" The violet tinted pegasus apologizes.

"You got to understand, I didn't want to hurt you." She cries out. "Your horn, it jabbed my neck... I had to let go..." She finishes with a faint inhale.

Slowly, I start to recall the last thing I was doing before ending up here. She saved me. Then I must have poked her while trying to catch a glimpse of her. Then she did what anypony's instincts would do. That's what led me to start free falling and preparing for impact, while waiting for the inevitable.

I can't help it but to feel guilty as well. I made this beautiful mare cry, just because she feels responsible for something she didn't really do.

"I'm sorry... can you forgive me?" She questions.

"...I should be asking for forgiveness. I really didn't mean to make you stress over me." I eventually say. "So... can you forgive me?"

The purplish mare stands still, with tears still in her eyes. Her mouth stays slightly agate as she looks at me in surprise. She continues to stay silent for a few seconds until saying "I-I f-forgive you." She stutters out.

'Evidently, she isn't feeling any better. How can I cheer her up?' I ask myself.

''I'm so glad you were there to save me. What were you doing there anyways?" I ask her.

This question seems to have caught her off guard as she shudders a bit, then she responds with a stuttering, uncertain voice. "Uh, I w-was out... doing... one of my... daily routines. Um, daily flying routines! Yes."

I give her a concerned look as I shrug off her answer before it got too awkward. I look away for a few moments then quietly look back just to find her lost in a deep thought. She quietly stares at me without moving an inch. Her eyes also stay stationary as I start to uncomfortably shift around.

'Okay, now I'm really concerned. I think I should probably snap her out of it.'

"Hey, are you alright? Is anything wrong?"

She then quickly tunes back to reality as she starts to look away; probably ashamed or embarrassed that she was caught staring at me.

"By the way, my name's Midnight. What's yours?"

...

"...I don't remember..." I bluntly respond. She softly clears her throat as she looks away once again. Her tears completly gone now.

Still avoiding eye contact, she looks at the bandage around my leg and asks "Is that what the monster did to you?"

"Yeah, I kinda wasn't fit enough to outrun a bloodthirsty beast." I say adding a vast amount of sarcasm and exaggeration at the last part.

We both let out a small, nervous laugh.

...

'It's starting to get a little awkward again.'

As if on queue, the doctor knocks on the wall to my room with his hooves, and enters.

'Saved by the bell.'

Hoovelock begins "Hello there." He nods at Midnight, greeting her as well. He returns to me and begins. "Hmm, it looks like you aren't physically injured too badly. If you'd like, I think it might be okay if you'd want to leave."

"B-but, what about my amnesia? I still don't remember if I even have a house or not." I refute.

An imaginary light bulb seemed to have appeared above Midnight's head as her pupils dilate.

"You could stay with me, u-until you remember t-things. That is." She shyly suggests.

"I guess that could work. But are you sure your home is adequate for a pony without any wings?" The doctor questions.

"Well, my house isn't airborne, so I think he'll be fine staying at my place for a while." She answers.

They both redirect their glances back towards me. "Are you okay with staying with this mare until you're all better?" The doctor asks me. They both wear a face of interest as they wait for my response.

Embarassingly, I immediately start to cough as I feel my saliva travel to my lungs.

"*Cough* *Cough* Y-yeah... *Cough* Ill be alright. *Cough*"

"Very well then, we'll send you to the front, were you'll fill out what you can, then you will be discharged from the hospital."

"Ugh, paperwork. That's one thing I still remember. That dreaded paperwork'

Soon enough, a nurse and the doctor helped me to a conveniently placed wheelchair. The nurse pushes me to the front of the hospital as Midnight follows shorlty behind.


After a few long moments of paperwork, I finally get discharged from the hospital. I could've skipped the paperwork by saying I don't remember anything, but for some reason, I knew it wasn't the right thing to do.

"So, do you remember why, you went inside the Everfree Forest?" Midnight asks.

"N-not that I can remember, no. By the way, it looks like it's going to rain today." I point upwards at the now forming cumulonimbus clouds.

"Huh, I guess we better hurry if we don't want to get caught in the rain." Midnight states.

After hurrying through the light-grey dimmed light that the atmosphere beautifuly created. 'Thank you nature.' We soon reached a house on the outskirts of Ponyville.

'For a house this far out of town, it sure is large.' I think to myself.

The house looked to be a two story house with no noticeable flaws. The door was neatly designed and made from an expensive looking material.

"You see this house?" She asks.

"Yeah..." I respond with a look of awe to my face.

"It's not mine." She deadpans

I give her an unamused look as I notice she's trying hard not to laugh. She loses herself and starts to laugh uncontrollably. Confused, I start to stare at her so she can elaborate further.

"It was a joke! Haha! This is my house. Oh you shoulda' seen the look on your face!" She voice cracks.

She starts to blush madly as she covers her mouth.

'I don't understand why people get so embarrassed when their voice cracks. Though when she does it... It's kinda adorable.' I mentally explain to myself.

She seems to have recovered from her 'embarrassing' moment, and she now pushes me into her home. Apon entering, I am met with amazing pictures on the wall to my right. To my left, stands a huge glass window, that extends over the whole wall. That's were the living room is. A bit further from The glass wall, is a staircase that, obviously, leads upstairs.

"Like what you see huh?... How about we get something to eat." She offers as she starts directing me to the kitchen.

A food preparing montage later...

We sit at the kitchen table, enjoying our food as raindrops start hit and drip off the reasonably large windows.

"You know, you got to have a name so I can address you properly. So I've been thinking... since your cutie mark is a cloud, and you noticed the rain clouds way before I would have noticed them, I figured I'd call you Cloud Watcher." She states while closing her eyes and giving me a warm-hearted smile.

"Hmm, that name isn't half bad... 'kinda' I guess it'll work." I tell her.

She responds with another smile, then she continues eating her food. All I do, is stare out the window, and observe the flat land, where the grass is a brilliant green. The sun also seems to slightly pierce through the rain clouds as little droplets of rain fall throughout the sky. A gloomy scene, is presented in front of me, as I start to lose myself in the marvelous view.

'My food's starting to get cold!' Back to reality I go.

Author's Note:

I gotta get some sleep :pinkiesick:
Once again, I hope you enjoy this story. If there's any errors, grammar/spelling wise, please notify me. Thanks for reading!:pinkiehappy: