• Published 31st Jan 2015
  • 360 Views, 4 Comments

Downfall - Icu Zelith



Not everything is predictable. Mystery is a part of life. But one stallion hopes to overcome the worst of problems.

  • ...
1
 4
 360

The Past: Origination

Cloud Watcher. An early aged unicorn stallion with lots to live for. He lives for a special somebody; a pegasus named Midnight. Little does he know, his journey will begin soon, and it will have great cost. Will he achieve happiness? Only time will tell.


I quickly jump away as the growl in the bushes grew louder. It felt as if time had stopped and stayed still for minutes until continuing once again.

'This is what I get for entering the forest unprepared' I think to myself.

Shortly, another growl followed, tending me up even more. I observe closer what produced the threatening sound, just to see a pair of dark scarlet eyes peering at me. Feeling weightless, I clench my teeth and turn as quickly as I can. Once I see my escape rout, I briskly follow the path that my head was leading me to. With a slight growl, I hear the unknown animal catch up to me. I involuntary start to limp. As if the animal had ripped through my skin and into my muscle. Doing my best to completely neglect my pain, I rotate my head to catch a glimpse of this beast and sure enough, I have never seen anything like it. It has a similar head shape that of a timberwolf, but its body was relative to a lion or something to that matter. 'Hay feathers! I wish I would've known a teleportation spell about now!' I think to myself as I face back in front of me. I now see what looks like to be a dead end; a cliff that covers two sides, and a large visious-flowing river blocking another side. I quickly sprint to the end, hoping it would buy me a few more seconds to live.

Then I turn around and face the relentless beast.

"I never thought I would go out like this. This is how I die isn't it?!..." I said in a clearly petrified tone.

Once the beast comes to a halt, it intimidatingly raises its paw, then reveals its claws that were hidden beneath its fur. All I do is tightly close my eyes and look away, hoping that there won't be much pain involved. Without warning, I suddenly feel something pull around my chest. I prepare myself for the worst as I continue to keep my eyes unpeeled.

'Goodbye World...'

...

'Strange. I should be dead by now... Why do I feel a breeze running into my face?... Should I open my eyes?' Two questions turn into thousands, each one building even more curiosity to what I previously had. Oblivious to the situation, I slightly peek through my right eye just to see a bird's view of the forest.

Instant panic hits me as I start to worry. I struggle a bit, but once I did, I hear a soft grunt, followed by an 'angelic', feminine voice.

"Hey... Quit tussling around. It's hard enough carrying a pony around... let alone a pony who wrangles... a lot."

My eyes widen.

'Who is This? Is it a mare? A pegasus? Who?!' I attempt to look at my savior, but before I could take a peek, the mare unexpectedly lets go of me and I soon find myself falling towards the breeze... And a cold, hard, ground...


"Ugh, W-what happen?..." I slowly regenerate my consciousness. Observing my surroundings, I notice I'm not in the forest anymore. No, I'm actually in a hospital.

"W-wha wah, what am I doing here?" 'All I can remember is running away from the beast and reaching a dead-end. ...Strange... I can't remember anything else... But what am I doing in a hospital. I don't look, nor feel, like I've been mauled. Other than my right hind leg.'

My thoughts had been interrupted as a nurse conveniently trots in my room and sends my a welcoming smile.

"Oh, hello. You're awake!" She politely says.

Gently rubbing the back of my neck with my hoof, I respond "Y-yeah, I woke up a little while ago." I meant with literal meaning.

"That's great. My name is Redheart, what's yours?"

'My name... What's my name...?' "Uh, I-I don't remember." I say in a serious tone.

Redheart soon replied saying "Oh, I need to contact the doctor. I'll be back as soon as I can." And with a gentle smile she left the room.

I stare at the ceiling, trying to recall what had happened.

'How, exactly, did I manage to get out of the forest, and into here?' I think to myself.

Without any warning, the docto, followed by the nurse, comes inside my room and greets me.

"Hello there, Mr. My name is Dr. Hooveslock." He simply states as I stay silent. "Nurse Redheart here explained to me that you might have lost your memory."

"I... lost my memory...?'

"Don't worry, we'll do the best we can to get you back on track." Dr. Hooveslock says.

"So tell me, what's the last thing you remember?" He asks.

"The last thing I remember... is running away from a monster." I say flatly.

"A monster you say? Hmm... Do remember anything shortly before you started running away?"

"I c-can't remember..." I struggle to say.

"Hmm... It seems you have amnesia. Whether or not it's transient, is uncertain to say. Hopefully, over time, you can regain your. memories."

I'm not entirely sure why, but I don't know how to respond to something like this. For all I know, I probably just 'popped' up out of nowhere, and into a body of a unicorn.

"Okay. Try hard and think of anything else that has happened to you." The doctor implies.

I stare blankly in front of me as I try to recall any other memories.

'Wait, how did I get here in the first place? Maybe I should ask. "Umm, I you don't mind me asking, how did I get here?" I politely ask.

Nurse Redheart is first to speak up. "A mare escorded you here. She says she feels help but feel partly responsible for your state of unconsciousness."

A mare? Slowly, mental image returns of the pegasus that saved me from a ruthless demise.

"The mare... May I see her?" I question.

"Of course you may." They respond as they both left to get her.

Two minutes later...

A purple pegasus shyly peeks into my room with a slight smile mixed with another emotion...
Guilt.

As soon as she spots me, she starts to tear up. She quickly runs up to me and catches me in a warm embrace.

"I'm so sorry!"

Author's Note:

I saw some of my strange habits mistakes. The majority being actively reverting back and forth to a 2nd point of view and back to 1st. It's quite amusing actually...


If you can, please leave any type of feedback. I appreciate anyone who helps me improve in writing. Also, see any grammatical and/or spelling errors? Please tell me ASAP so I can fix it ASAP. Thank you for your help! :twilightsmile: