• Published 3rd May 2012
  • 1,565 Views, 46 Comments

A Little Chicken Can Go A Long Way - Cupcore



Pretty much some Scootaloo and OC romance...with a tad bit of saddness

  • ...
4
 46
 1,565

I Told Her She Was Perfect

I sat on the floor and continued to look at the mirror. All there was, was an awful terrible thing that couldn't have been here except for sick pleasure. Yes it's a tad dramatic and little overwhelming...but I felt like it was all there was to being who I am.

I hurt her....

How could I even make it up to her? An apology would be the closest thing to hopefully making it all truly better but there was just no way she, or even Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle for that matter, would even allow me to actually say it..But still..I had to try.

So I headed off to the open tree-fields(yes tree-fields) of Sweet Apple Acres. I looked around for their beloved tree house and soon found it. Only...it wasn't what it used to be. The faded color, the wood almost rotten to the core, it was practically the resemblance from when they first started working on it.

I soon found the courage in myself, and with a deep and heavily relaxing sigh, I ventured to the later. But as I climbed up, I heard soft sobbing...However, there was no clear sign of the others.

I didn't mean to...I promise...

Gently opening the hatch, I slid through without any notice. I just couldn't help but feel even worse than I had back home...I was watching what I had done at a first hand experience. The pain was just unimaginable and practically striking my heart with repeated guilt.. Exaggerating again, forgive me.

As I tried walking to her in the most quiet way, as expected, a faulty floor board broke through and smacked the ground beneath the tree-house. My presence was more than noted.

When she turned to see me, her beautiful purple eyes turned from a feeling of no hope, to that of which resembled hate and fury.

"Go away..", she murmured softly.

"Scootaloo...I-", but before I could even start she spoke out against me, "Just go away!"

I couldn't speak...

"YOU think YOU'RE all alone!?", she was beginning to let me have it. "Do YOU even know what it's really like? I've had no one in my life. The only person I could look to was Dash, but she even ignored me! Apple Bloom barely pays attention, and Sweetie Belle just thinks following her sister is the only thing that matters."

I could see her tears beginning to swell and fill her eyes...

"Scootaloo..", I said softly. "You aren't alone.."

"Yeah I get it ok! But you don't! You've had people in your life. Parents, friends, everyone! You practically neglect it all! They've told me...", she said as she clenched her eyes shut to the point where tears fell violently.

She was right. I did have all of those things.Why did I choose to ignore it? Because they didn't see me as how she thought they did. I was ignored and put aside like I was nothing, but I can't let her feel like she really has no one.

"I may have had them", I said, "but that doesn't mean they saw me. Most even pretended like I was invisible, and most of it is still from my parents. But there's something I've ALWAYS knew could make me happy..."

Wiping her eyes, she looked at me like I was babbling on and on, but still kept a curious look.

Sighing deeply like before, I told her, "You. I knew that if somehow, someway if I could make you happy and actually feel like I gave you someone to have, then I knew I could be happy as well.."

Her mouth fell open slightly as I could faintly hear, "M-....me....?"

I nodded and continued, "I've always felt that way from the first time I saw you. Cliche I know, but believe me..it's true. You're perfect, Scootaloo. Who ever doesn't see that is obviously blind! You're just so strong willed and determined, it's practically admirable. When I see you, I can never look away. Beautiful is an understatement!"

I had said it...I told her she was perfect.

She was somewhat dumbfounded, really. It was clear she didn't know what to say right away, but she walked closer to me. But the feeling I was getting was as if I had done something wrong...so I slowly backed into a corner.

To my surprise, however, she wrapped her arms around me and said quietly, "Thank you..."

I could have sworn my heart skipped a beat. It wasn't even like I was alive anymore! Had I really done it? Had I made her..happy?

Without haste, I quickly hugged around her myself and held her without any chance of letting go. And as I held her, I told her again and again how perfect she really was.

This was it.

This is what happiness truly felt like.