• Published 2nd Jan 2015
  • 562 Views, 5 Comments

Border Chronicles: Book 1 Friendship in Chaos - Sirion123



Trevor Fields is a young, up and coming junior officer in Belfiore Academy, Cealum's premier Naval Officer School. He is at the top of the class in grades and fitness, but has no friends. That will all change once he meets a certain spirit of chaos.

  • ...
3
 5
 562

Ch 7: Rouge Wave Part 2


Location:
R-13 Farway, Caelum
Cygnus, Belfiore Academy
2037 P.C.E. (Post Creator Era)


Fluttershy had hidden behind a set of chairs, absolutely horrified by the look on Skeleton’s face at noticing she had followed behind Twilight. The fact that she was neither pony, nor anywhere familiar hadn’t help much in alleviating the fear she felt. So to try and conceal herself from this new world she hid behind a set of chairs, that in an of itself wasn’t that impressive. The fact that there wasn’t room for her to fit between them, was. Discord only stared, though the sight was quite humorous, the fact his friend was so uncomfortable did make him want to reassure the mare.

“My dearest Fluttershy, Why don’t you stop hiding. You have nothing to fear, I assure you. After all you can always trust me, your friendly unneighborly Discord” Said the disguised dragonequus.

Though the smile and overall look of mischievousness on his face belied any trust that could, actually, be held in the king of chaos. Still His often timid friend stilled coward between the chairs and bulkhead (wall). Discord brought a hand to his chin in thought, However do I coax her out from there? OH! I know.. with a quick snap of his fingers Discord had transformed back into his normal patchwork self.

“D-D-Discord?” She asked, her voice only slightly higher then a whisper.

“Indubitably”

“Where…Where are we?”

“Where we are is right here, and here is where we are. This here has a name of Belfiore, which so happens to be a military academy. As to where our here is in relation to where we are, I’m afraid you’re no longer on Equus anymore my dear friend, instead you are on a planet called Farway. A place that, to my knowledge, has never seen hide nor hair of a pony. Hence your new form.”

A small *eep* could be heard, as Fluttershy’s eyes widened to dinner plates.

“I wouldn’t worry to much my dear, I’m here, and I will defend you against anything untoward happening to you. That said, It would be best if you refrain from any of your talents. Farway’s magic is quite a bit skittish of your own equestrian magic so if the two were to meet, strange things might occur. I’m quite certain that Is part of the reason you are as you are…or it could be entirely because of that mad old pony that Twilight is simply, and unhealthily might I add, obsessed with. The one with the bells on his hat. You’ll be fine here, trust me.” Discord finished with a kind and gentle smile, the one he only gave to Fluttershy.

Fluttershy only gave a slow nod, only marginally reassured by her unique friend. Silence followed the exchange, both comfortable and unnerving. Comfortable because Fluttershy wasn’t alone, in the world, literally, but she shared it with a close friend. Unnerving because it was a different world, with none of the features, or semblances of home. The silence might have lasted the span of eternity, Fluttershy’s…shyness, preventing any further conversation, and Discord’s drive not to alienate his friend, or further her discomfort staying his normal conversational habits. And so the silence continued, until a groan of mild pain was heard. Startled, Fluttershy hid behind her long flowing bangs.

“Wh-What happened?” Groaned Trevor, returning to the land of the conscious.

“Huh…er…oops.” Discord responded with a small chuckle, “Sort of forgot he was here with us…”

“Why does my back and chest hurt” Trevor rolled to his stomach, then rearranged to a crossed leg sitting position, where he began to rub his chest in an effort to reduce some of the pain he felt.

“Weeeelll. You see, When a mommy physics meets a daddy explosion and they get a little adventurous, they invite a third party, which in this case is human curiosity, and they have a little romp in the bedroom. Oh sure they have loads of fun, but nine months down the line when a little baby pain is born and it turns out not to be daddy explosion’s child they tend to give it to human curiosity, which unfortunately for you, resides in one Mr. Trevor Montague Fields.” Discord answered, unhelpfully.

Trevor stared for a moment, trying to discern just what the mad thing had said, before a sensation of wetness could be felt at the back of his head. Acting out of instinct, human curiosity of all things, Trevor brought his up hand to find out what it was. Wincing in pain the moment he touch the cool moistness, Trevor moved his had to see what it was. A small amount of blood could be seen on his finger tips. Wow…I must have hit the wall pretty hard…I think I might have had a concussion…I don’t know if I could tell…I need to get this looked at. Though Trevor had that thought, the only thing he said was…

“That can’t be good.” He sighed.

It might have been by overhearing the context of injury, or maybe the tone of Trevor’s voice, that lead Fluttershy’s curiosity to the front. Immediately she recognized the ruby red liquid on the young man’s fingertips. All senses of timidness, caution, and fear were viciously removed as the sight of anything in pain replaced any timidness with an intense desire to heal her animal friends, much less the “human curiosity” sitting near her. Resting his (she assumed based on the voice was a colt) back against the wall, his breathing was slightly labored, whether due to further injuries or just the stress of the situation in general, Fluttershy couldn’t tell, nor did it really matter. Quickly She made her way toward the injured, native.

“Oh my goodness…Are you ok?” A sweet angelic vice both gracing Trevor’s ears and gaining his attention.

Soft turquoise eyes met Trevor’s steel grey ones. Pastel pink hair framing the sides of the face before him, blocking off the world, putting Trevor at ease. Yet, what had Trevor’s most undivided attention was the face before him, and the concern that showed in her expression. Beautiful Trevor froze in awe, muttering a simple “umm…”

“Oh…no…your head…I hope it isn’t anything serious, like a concussion.” Fluttershy voiced her concern. Her hands, soft like the finest silk, gently moved behind Trevor’s head, as she studied under an intense, yet caring, stare. Fluttershy’s natural care taking talent brought forth in diagnosing whatever might be wrong with the being infront of her.

“I-I think I’ll be just fine…” whispered Trevor, ill at easy under this beautiful girls care.

“OH, No no no no no… I must insist, Let me have a look.” Fluttershy urged, moving her face closer, eliciting a blush from Trevor. “That’s good, There isn’t any signs of a concussion, and the bleeding is nothing too bad…Now lets see if anything else is— *EEP*.” Fluttershy, now relaxing a bit at knowing that, at least outwardly, Trevor was ok, Realizing just how exactly close she was to him. With the same speed she moved toward him in concern, she retreated a few steps away, blushing, and hiding behind her hair once again.

“Uh…You ok?” Trevor asked, not entirely unaware of the irony of him asking the girl who was just attending him.

“I assure you, she’s perfectly alright…In fact better then alright. Though, I suppose it won’t last for much longer…Her usual timid self is starting to peek through her concern for injured animals. As much as it pains me to admit, my friend, is crippled by her shyness, whenever she meets somepony new. However that doesn’t sound right in this instance…Someone new? No that sounds less then intelligent, somehuman new…yes that’s it.” Discord answered for the sheepish mare.

“That’s reassuring…wait…” Trevor mentally went over what Discord just said before he really understood the implications. “She’s an other worlder, just like you!?” Trevor took a step back, preparing to run if this seemingly harmless girl before him would pull the same antics as the headache that was the dragonequus.

“Yes, she is. However she isn’t the same magnificent species such as mine. You needn’t worry about her being able to do the things I do. She doesn’t much love chaos in the way I do.”

“I…If…” Trevor sighed, She doesn’t seem like Discord…I suppose I should stick to good decorum… “If that is the case, Allow me to welcome you to Belfiore Academy. My name is—.”

Trevor didn’t finish his introduction, Skeleton’s door seen fit to interrupt whatever he was about to say. From within the “cell” as some of the students called it, two persons walked out. the first was Skeleton, cool anger shimmered in his emerald eyes, his movements slow and methodical, his hands lay at his side, curled into fists. Behind him was a girl with dark violet hair and a magenta streak running through it. Tears were flowing down her face, whatever it was Skeleton laid on the girl, it had broken her. Poor girl…What ever Skeleton did to her must have been harsh Thought Trevor, wishing no one had to deal with the CO on their lonesome after they had broken one of his rules. It was truly a somber moment, so naturally Discord had to ruin it.

“AH! Good to see you still amongst the living, a~nd existing. Surely I thought Skelly would do you in something fierce. Getting soft in your old age Skelly?”

“Shut it, Discord” snapped Skeleton, his already thin patience nearly gone, “Take Miss Sparkle here,” Skeleton gestured toward the crying mare, “ and the Element of Kindness to the house. I will send the boy when he recovers.”

“Sir?” Piped Trevor, confused.

“Belay my last. Trevor will go with you to the house.”

“But sir…I cant be in the same hou—“

“I WILL NOT ALLOW IT!” yelled Skeleton, once again sending Fluttershy into hiding, “I know why you came here to my office this morning. I will not change my mind, nor will I entertain what ever arguments you have against living with Discord. With the prin—With these two other worlders, what ever it is he,” Skeleton practically spat the world, as if it was a foul tasting medicine, “does, these two shall help negate it. Now begone, all of you. I have to prepare for the other elements.” Nobody moved… “GO NOW!!”

Quickly the four persons left the P-way, not wishing to be yelled at further. Skeleton kept his eyes on them, until they were out of view. With a sigh, and a longing look at his carton of cigarettes, No, I have to wait, Don’t want to run out…. Skeleton turned, briskly walked back into his office and slammed his door shut


Meanwhile


Location:
ER-0 Equus Origin
Equestria, Ponyville, Golden Oaks Castle
1003 CE (or 3 RE)


No one had moved, blinked, or for that matter, it seemed, breathed, since the scroll appeared, now laying dead still on the castle floor. Celestia was hesitant to open the black ribboned sealed parchment before her, not wishing to know the new price Skeleton demanded. Yet duty, nay, servitude demanded the contents of the letter be known. Whether it was whatever magics Skeleton could weave, or the compulsion that came with her position for pony kind, Celestia didn’t know, but cursed all the same. Hoping without hope, her precious student, whom was the closest thing to a daughter Celestia had, was still alive. Though the concert for Fluttershy was there, Skeleton did not often harm those who were victims of circumstance. As despicable that man’s actions might be, He has always held his flawed code of honor above all else. Fluttershy should be fine…though I fear what scars Skeleton’s punishment for Twilight might inflict on the Element of Kindness. She is safe, relatively speaking, for now. Thought the sun princess. steeling her self for what ever consequences to come Celestia had enveloped the scroll in her gold aura before breaking the seal and consumed the contents.

What was found within was a set of “Good News/Bad News.” The good news was both her student and Fluttershy were unharmed, alive and well. But Skeleton had revealed more then Celestia had wanted concerning her past, and his punishment for the mare was cruel beyond cruel. She hoped the her student could weather this burden better then herself. Yet, with what had transpired in her kingdom the last few days, Celestia knew the truth about Skeleton and his actual role in Equestria, and Equus as a whole, will be made known before long. Celestia would dread that day when it comes. As she read further, her dismay turned to horror.

Skeleton had finally gotten his permission from the Matriarch. Now the Element bearers were to be sent to the other realm. Not only would Equestria be defenseless against any of those whom seek to enslave or destroy, but the very mares Celestia had grown close to she was to send to the wolves. Skeleton had made it quite clear in this missive, that her punishment was to be alone once more. It was a mean spirited punishment being forced to fret about those she cared about once more, unable to help in any fashion. Her sister’s and Cadence’s punishment to administered once the crises in “Farway” was dealt with.

Faust…Help me…Give me the strength to weather these events to come. And may my little ponies, someday, find within their hearts to forgive me for the things I have done, and are about to do…Mother…I’m so…so…sorry…

Under the vaulted ceiling of the castle’s library was the silence of the dead. Nothing could be heard, save the breaths of everypony in the room, and the blood pumping through their ears. Soft thumps of the rushing life force only building the tension of the room. Soon, the mares and one drake, were holding their breaths, waiting for Celestia to inform them of the significance of the scroll.


“Well…” sighed Celestia, after what seemed an eternity, “It seems the situation is both better then we could have hoped and worse then we could have imagined…It seems Skeleton has informed me of just how corruptive Discord’s presence is, in the realm he is currently residing in.”

“Well no d~uh! I mean he corrupted all of us before he was “Reformed” so what’s to say without any threat of being turned to stone, he hasn’t reverted back to his old ways?” Dash interrupted, gaining fierce looks from her friends, though Dash was oblivious to them. “Why don’t we have Twi and Fluttershy and this… Skeleton guy… send him back here so we can rainbow him back to stone?”

“While I do appreciate your enthusiasm miss Dash, You misunderstood what I meant by corruptive. Discord’s magic is naturally chaotic, I am highly doubtful he has full control over it. His magic while unpleasant here, is very destructive in any realm outside Equus. There it acts on its own, without any input from him. So he might be innocent in what ever harm is being done by his presence. Skeleton is…asking…for help in solving this problem and he has provided a solution…though I wish it could be anything else than what it happens to be…He need the Elements help to reduce the effect Discord has on their world…so he has told me to send you there to counter balance his chaotic magic.”

The mare just stood opened mouthed in shock.

“Um…princess…Ah’m not so fond ‘bout this here idea to go visitin other worlds. Ah’m remember what happen last time and it wasn’t purdy.” Voiced Applejack, her concern evident on her face. “Ah know this is impotan’ an’ all but what can’t this, er, skeleton fella just send them back instead of sending us there?” Applejack’s friends nodding in agreement.

“I am afraid it is not that simple. Right now he is doing everything in his power to prevent a major catastrophe. If he was to divert his attention on sending back Twilight and the others…I am afraid his world would fall to darkness…”

Applejack accepted the answer…but somehow…She knew that what the princess said wasn’t entirely true, that she was hiding something.

“I must insist we make haste…I am not so certain the portal will last for much longer, and with two of the elements already gone if you do not go through we may never see Twilight, Fluttershy, or Discord again. Already I feel the power that is feeding the portal, fading away. Please, these beings… need our help. I am truly sorry that I must ask you to take up a burden you should have never been given, or that I can give you nothing but my hope that everything will turn out alright. Please…I ask that you embody Equestria’s ideals and help them in what ever way you can.” Pleaded Celestia, tears forming in the corners of her eyes.

“Then we shall!” Answered Rarity. Without any further words the alabaster mare trotted to the portal and crossed it’s threshold.

“I can’t leave my friends hanging, besides I’m always up for an awesome adventure anyway. Look out, er…place…Here comes Rainbow Dash” With a quick flap of her wings Dash sped through the dimming rainbow portal.

“Ah really don’t like this, but Ah reckon if all them folks might need our help, we should give it to ‘um” With a soft sigh, Applejack slowly made her way through.

All that was left was Celestia, Spike, and a strangely quiet, deflated main, Pinkie Pie.

“I’m coming Twilight!” exclaimed Spike boldly before he started to run toward the portal. He didn’t make it far before Celestia’s magic caught him.

“I am sorry Spike, but I am afraid I can not allow you to follow. The magic that Dragon’s posses would be far to dangerous to be used there. It would overwhelm what ever healing and prevention the Elements would do.” Informed Celestia, a sad expression on her muzzle.

“But…But…I’ve always been with Twilight, helping however I can…Why can I help this time!!? What makes this so different from the last time!!” Shouted the young drake, tears flowing freely.

“What is different this time is this world has no connection to our own. While I can not let you go there, it does not mean you can not help. Twilight will need all the support she can get. While we may not be there physically, we can be there in spirit. Who knows…It might be Skeleton has need for a dragon there. But without his permission I can not let you go. The barriers between worlds are tenuous at best. Letting any more ponies, dragons, griffins, any being could very well shatter it.

“I can not allow that to happen. However, I will not leave you in the dark however. Twilight knows the dragon fire spell, the same that you, Spike, use to send me all of Twilight’s letters. So you will still be able to communicate with her. But I must insist you remain here.”

“Y-Yes, Princess…” Spike spoke, his gaze turned to the floor, “I understand.”

“Don’t worry Spike,” reassured the less peptic Pinkie, “I’ll make certain everypony will make it home, safe and sound. Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye. There, I made a Pinkie Promise, So you know everything will be fine.”

Though still sadden by the fact he couldn’t follow his “sister” through the portal, Pinkie’s reassurances brought a small hopeful smile. Not quite done with what she needed to say, Pinkie turned to Celestia.

“It will be ok, trust me. I know what I’m doing,” With a quick pop Pinkies normal pooffed up mess she called a main returned, “Everypony will be coming back with smiles on their faces, and maybe even a few new friends!!” with a bounce Pinkie disappeared into the portal.

Seconds later the portal collapsed to nothing, leaving no trace that such a tremendous spell had ever been cast, and in it’s wake left Celestia and Spike alone. Their closest friends now were beyond their reach, trapped in a world unknown to pony kind, for an ambiguous goal of minimizing Discord’s magic there. The whole situation was bleak, for the uninformed, and when, or how this would end was unknowable. Something the two left behind understood all too well. Spike still on the verge of crying once again, and Celestia with a small sliver of hope. A hope that everpony would come back and would be able to forgive their princess for her lies.


Location:
R-13 Farway, Caelum
Cygnus, Belfiore Academy
2037 P.C.E. (Post Creator Era)


It had been a strange day. Starting off with facing, quite literally, death in person, to being propelled several feet down a P-way and a possible concussion, to now. Trevor, had even more members of House Equus, all other worlders, all of them female. Trevor thought about reporting this to the House Review Board, but a good sailor endure hard ship, so that’s what Trevor would do. With the classes about to start up, Trevor only knew one thing. No matter how hard he tried this year would not be like the predictable years prior. If anything, if the new group of ”students” was anything like Discord, He might not make it through the school year unharmed…much less alive…

Author's Note:

So new chapter done sooner then I had planned. Yay! hope you enjoy.:twilightsmile: