• Published 3rd Jan 2015
  • 315 Views, 35 Comments

Divine - lingonberries



Midnight Shine is an average filly; only one in her class with a blank flank. The only thing she's good at is watching a YouTuber named PewDiePie. What will happen when Pewds suddenly stops making videos, and how will Midnight's talent be discovered?

  • ...
 35
 315

Suspiciously Concerned

Waking up is hard.

Especially when you know you have to go to school.

I huffed as I slammed my hoof on the alarm clock, silencing it. I rolled over and pushed myself onto the floor, yawning. I ran a comb through my hair with my newfound magic, and clopped downstairs.

"Mornin', Shine," my father said as he took a sip of coffee. "Mom's still sleeping."

"Good morning." I replied simply as I mauled a nearby muffin.

My dad watched in slight horror. "Uh... Are you okay?"

My tail flicked slightly. "I just feel like something's not right."

And it was true. I just felt like something was wrong and I couldn't put my hoof on it. I shrugged and waved a quick goodbye to my dad as I grabbed my saddlebag. He waved back as I trotted out the door. I dashed to the tiny schoolhouse at the top of the hill, exhaling heavily when I arrived. Cheerilee was back, and she gave me a tired but sincere smile.

"Good morning, Midnight!" Her voice chimed; we were the only two in the room.

"Good morning, Cheerilee!" I replied as I unloaded my saddlebag.

"Guess what?" I squealed as I ran up to her. "I learned how to levitate things!"

To demonstrate, I levitated a piece of chalk and wrote Hi! on the board. Then, I yanked an apple from the apple tree outside and brought it to Cheerilee.

"See? Isn't this cool?"

Her jaw was wide open. "And you're saying you just learned? Wow! This is amazing!"

I turned light pink. "Thanks..."

All of a sudden, a young unicorn named Minuette approached us.

"Hey there, Cheerilee!" She squeaked, her blue mane covering her eyes.

"Oh, hi, Minuette," Cheerilee said.

"Colgate is fine." She smiled.

"Oh! Right, sorry. I keep forgetting!"

"So, um, I was wondering... What kind of toothbrush do you use?" Colgate asked.

I rolled my eyes and slunk away to the corner of the room, where I opened YouTube. Still no new videos...

This was making me just a tad nervous. He hadn't had any videos in the past two days; Normally he had around two videos per day!
I sighed and watched him play Happy Wheels again, which was still really funny.

By the time it was over, everyone had arrived. I slunk over to my desk as Cheerilee began the lesson on pony cultures. I put my head in my hooves and tried to think. But, it was impossible. The whole class was chattering on and on about how they would like to visit another part of Equestria. I groaned and sat up; trying to pay attention to Cheerilee.

"Alright everypony, you must do a project now. We need to divide into two groups. Raise your hoof if you were not born in Ponyville.

I raised my hoof up high; I could see that Colgate and three other fillies had raised hooves as well.

"That's all?" Cheerilee asked, confusement smattering her face. "Hmm. Well, tell us where you are from."

"I'm from Appleloosa!" Shrieked a tiny gray earthpony which I had never seen before.

"I'm from Cloudsdale," said a buff pegasus, wings extending.

"Well, technically, that's still Ponyville, Cloud Snorter."

The whole class snickered at his name as he turned red. "Um, just Cloud is fine..."

Colgate burst in. "I'm from Manehattan!"

Another small Pegasus I knew as Lightning Velocity spoke up. "I'm from Canterlot."

I then realized that it was my turn. "I'm from Steeden."

The whole class turned to look at me. "Huh?"

Cheerilee got everyone's attention again. "It's a cold place up north, and it's not very widely known."

Everyone shrugged as there was an awkward silence.

Then, Lightning Velocity spoke up. "How cold is it?"

I grimaced, slightly embarrassed from all of the attention. "The temperatures can easily drop below -20° Fahrenheit, and the summers are only about 65° F."

Everypony gaped at me, and it was silent again.

Cheerilee coughed. "Well, back to the lesson. Ponyville - borns, go on that side. Everypony else, over here. Ponyville - borns, your task is to create a fairly detailed map of Ponyville and Cloudsdale. Non Ponyville - borns, you each shall create a separate map of the place where you were born, then combine it all into a nice collage. Everypony understand? Get started!"

I levitated a piece of poster paper and markers over for everyone in my group, and we got started. I used my new magic to create a perfect outline of Steeden from memory. I then labelled all of the cities, and put a special mark by the city I was born in: Saddleholm. Once I had finished outlining and coloring it, it was time to go home. I packed everything back into my saddlebag and decided to try some more magic: Teleportation. I shut my eyes and concentrated on going home; flying through space and time. I was beginning to feel something -

I opened one eye to see the schoolyard in front of me. It hadn't worked. I sighed; maybe I was just too inexperienced for such complicated magic. I trotted home to be greeted by - Twilight Sparkle?

"Midnight, I'm afraid I have some bad news." She whispered, staring at the ground.

"Pewdiepie is... missing."

Comments ( 24 )

Hmm... Not bad once more. In school I did something kind of the same project with the maps thing actually.

:rainbowlaugh:

Although, I just now noticed that suspicious gore tag... :trixieshiftright:


Whelp, since Pewds is missing I expect this to get very bloody now...

I wonder what would be posted around all of the internet if Pewdiepie did go missing....

5505591
................. I wonder............. ;3
[ sry for responding so late lolz ]

5538113

Oh you.....
:3

(That's fine, I don't mind waiting and all :pinkiehappy:)

5538170
XD
[ commencing loud verse of fabalas ]
HES SOOO FABBB FAB FABALASE
*LIEKS 2 DRES AP*
FAB FAB FAAAABBBALASSS
*WEARNIG MAHKUP*

5508732

I'm pretty sure this would be the most arrurate reaction if Pewdiepie went missing XD
31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly2ksmfZPP1r19vnp.gif

5538232
Oh yeah lol hopefully this will be the last time I decide to change my name xD

5538245

LOOK! *pokes you*
LOOK AT MEH!
fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/312/1/c/look_by_211darkness-d85olsk.jpg
LOOK!
*pokes you*
LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME,
LOOK AT MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

5538258

XD It's fine. I change mine practically all the time but always keep the Frost part. I'm very frosty.
I like your older names better though, not to be rude. XD


It's hard to think of a awesome (or fablous, XD I think Pewd's is rotting my brain with that fab joke now XD ) name to suite anyone on any site after all.

My name is so golden!
fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/285/f/d/golden_freddy_meme_by_211darkness-d82iuum.jpg
But it simply won't do as the image above says XD

5538293
FIEN BRUH FIEN!
*lookz*
*head explodz cuz fab levl 2 hi 4 me*

5538304
:3
I made it fanfiction cuz I might gain more watches (STALKAHZ?!?!?!) because I have a 'rare name.' :p
Plus, when I had it set as Pewds, people called me a Mary Sue. -_-

5538320

I'M SO GOLDEN (like the other comment I posted XD) I WAS TOO GOOD TO JOIN THEM BAND! EVERY-PONY SHALL BOW DOWN TO MEH THE WORD FABLOUS! XD

2FAB4ME

5538342
yas.
just yas.







AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
HOLY SMÖRGASTÄRTEN BRUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
*dies of fabalasness*

5538325

I've seen you gain a lot lately XD and I had noticed a lot calling you a sue for having such names.
I don't see why it's so Sueish to have a name which is part of a famous YouTuber's name. A more Sueish name is

"PRINCESS NEKO HELLO PRETTY KITTY ADOURABLE CUTNESS SPARKLY OVERLOAD OH LALA FABLOUS GLITTERLY FLOWER POWER PETAL SKY COLOR CLOUDY SHINEKAWAII DESU RAINBOW-DESU WUT."

Believe or not some people name their OC's with names more longer than that one. XD

Such a rare name that is my good friend XD

5538359
Just tried to set that as my username, it was too long
i cri evertiem ;_;



But lol datnamedoe xD
And plus should we take this into pm? This convo is getting kinda long for comments xD

Comment posted by FrostWindsMinty deleted Jan 23rd, 2015

5538393
Lol nice name bruh XD
Well, divine isn't the only story I'm gonna write sooo
But nice ideas tho lol

5538393
Oh yeah do you have any good ideas for Infinite Books? (Tha group)
I made u admin :3

5538421
XD

I wasn't even thinking when I thought those

And YAY! First group I've been admin in!
I'm writing a story right now but I'm having a hard time with it so far and when I checked the group I saw it said "ENCHANCE THE ROMANCE YOU MOTHER BUCKER"
So you should consider yourself lucky my story is a romance one XD

*when you reply to this one, it's better we do PM maybe. This conversation has been going for too long. XD I better comment and talk more on the actual story here soon.*

5508732 I am mildly certain that if PewDiePie went missing, one half of his fanbase would be searching for him while the other half would be interrogating people. And you would also have a bunch of vigilante-types who would be, like, waterboarding Tobuscus or something.

I want chapter three... NOW! NOW BRUH! TT_TT

(BTW, it's me, FrostWindsMinty. I use this account now.)

And so it begins....

Login or register to comment