• Published 16th Dec 2014
  • 430 Views, 14 Comments

Fallen Star - SenpaiStarFeather



When you have no past to look back on and no future ahead of you, only the present matters.

  • ...
10
 14
 430

Beautiful Melodies

Star awoke to the same routine as the day before: fussy servants, a Royal Breakfast, Oreo abuse and a pompous (yet still slightly sore) Blueblood. Star himself wasn't feeling so good as well, he had a small plaster on his muzzle which Sunset said made him look like a 'badass.' Whatever that meant. Celestia entered the Dining Hall as everypony finished their food, and sat down next to Star Feather.

"Are you ready?" She asked, the same excited twinkle in her big blue eyes.
"Of course!"
"Delightful. Can I trust you to walk around Canterlot while I sort out payment and packing?"
"Packing?"
"We- well, you will be in Cloudsdale for a few days, I trust this is OK?"
"Um... OK..."
"Splendid. let's be off then."

Celestia and Star said their goodbyes to Sunset and Blueblood, beginning their journey to the balloon station.



"Alright, don't go too far away and don't spend all this in one place!"
"I wont!" Star bounded down the street, Celestia's generous 500 Bits in his old patched up saddlebag with a faded design of a star surrounded by spirals.

Think It was too much for a foal? Oh I'm sure he will be fine...



Star bounced up to shop with a big black disc leaning against an over-sized cello on the roof. Star was about to walk into the shop when the door swung open, knocking him too the ground.

"Aw dammit I'm real sorry!"
"Tch, honestly Vinyl when will you learn to be careful?"
"Sorry Tavi..."

Star got to his hooves and looked at the two fillies before him. One was pure white, save for her blush of embarrassment, with some purple shades resting in her electric blue mane, the other was a brown sophisticated looking filly with a purple bow-tie and a neat black mane.

"Terribly sorry, Vinyl can be a bit careless sometimes..."
"Oh, It's alright." Star tried to hide the pain returning to his wounded face.
"Woah, you already got a plaster on that?" Vinyl stared at the plaster on Star's muzzle with shock
"No, this from a fight I was in yesterday."
"A fight? Awesome!"
"Vinyl... Ah, please forgive me, my name is Octavia." She took a small bow.
"The best fillyfriend in Equestria!" Vinyl shouted, pumping a hoof in the air.
"What's a fillyfriend?"
"Of your Very Special Somepony is a filly, then she's your fillyfriend!"
"Somepony special to me? Hmm..." Star trailed off in thought., perhaps Sunset could be his fillyfriend?
"Well it was lovely chatting with you, um..." Star took this as a sign of Octavia wanting his name.
"Star Feather."
"Right, goodbye!" Octavia turned to leave, but Vinyl's face turned to the floor and she muttered:
"Sucks we couldn't get that stuff though..."
"Maybe I can help?" Star emptied his saddlebag, spilling the 500 Bits onto the pavement.
"Seriously?!" Vinyl's jaw dropped, Octavia's eyes widened:
"W-we cant take that!" Octavia's voice cracked as she stared at the pile of gold.
"Yeah you can!" Star corrected her, Vinyl piping up:
"Yeah, we can!" Vinyl levitated the bits into her own saddlebag and charged into the shop.
"Vinyl!" Octavia chased after her fillyfriend as Star trotted back to the Balloon Station, a huge grin on his face.



"So, what did you do with those bits I gave you?" Celestia asked as she climbed the stairs to the royal class airship.
"I gave it away!"
"W-what?! To who?"
"YO! STAR!" a familiar voice rang from behind them,
"I..I can't... How...?" Octavia was stunned by the sight of a Princess.

Vinyl waved at them from behind her shiny black and purple turntable, Octavia leaning on her cello for support.
"Them."
"Hmm... A a truly great act. But next time, keep it for yourself..." Celestia sighed as she sat down, Star sitting in the seat behind her, waving to Vinyl and Octavia as the airship slowly ascended...

Author's Note:

Short chapter is short, but It will be worth it for the longest and most story moving chapter since the first.