• Published 6th Nov 2011
  • 692 Views, 0 Comments

Greater Friendship, More Magic - inactiveuser



A new threat looms, a new infestation hit Trottingham & the Mane Cast takes on the new quest

  • ...
4
 0
 692

Chapter 1

Trottingham: once a peaceful town with equally peaceful locals. Geographically it was smaller than Ponyville, but the community feels the same. However, the smaller size of the town means it’s more vulnerable to external forces as well, and an infestation of strange, fiery creatures are not the exception. Houses were lit on fire, ponies were running rampant, and panic was in the air. Trottingham’s current state is full of discord.

A family of grey, pinto patterned unicorns were running away from the turmoil in Trottingham. While they were from that town itself, they already had plans to move elsewhere. This was their perfect opportunity to get away, that is, until two fiery creatures stopped them.

“Run while you can, I’ll hold them back!” said the father pony.

“Don’t be crazy!” The mother pony retaliated.

“Who’s going to take care of our twins?” the father argued. “They’re still young ponies! How will they learn to survive life without a mother?”

“Don’t treat your kids like they’re still foals!” The mother shouted back.

The dialogue was cut short; the creatures pounced of both the mother and father. They both bucked up and down, and their children tried to kick them off their parents' backs. However, more of them spawned and leaped onto the parent ponies. The son tried to charge and toss them out of the way, but it only caused more of them to crowd around the family.

“Go, children!” the mother screamed. “Save yourselves!”

“Mom!” The daughter screamed.

“Run!” The father gave a final cry before they were then seized and dragged away.

Tearfully, the two children dashed away, headbutting the creatures to make an opening, and trotting as fast as they could, kicking away any more creatures in their sight as they galloped away under the moonlight. Behind them, only a faint scream can be heard.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH”

Pinkie Pie squealed in delight and bounced up and down, “Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh,” she squeaked continuously upon hearing the news that two new ponies have arrived in Ponyville.

“Gee, Pinkie, what are you all excited about?” Twilight Sparkle asked after swallowing a piece of cake.

The frizzy-mane pink pony responded, “Aww Twilight, haven’t you seen two new ponies in town today? Surely you must’ve seen them on the way to Sugarcube Corner!”

The purple unicorn shrugged, “I might have seen them, but I wasn’t sure.”

“Another order for today’s lunchtime special!” said Spike the baby dragon.

“Coming right up!” Pinkie Pie dashed into the kitchen immediately.

“I’m pretty concerned with what happened at Trottingham,” Twilight began, “I heard Princess Celestia had investigated it, and the town was severely damaged once she got there.”

“Was it a forest fire?” Spike asked unknowingly.

“No. Apparently it’s a new infestation, something called the magmites?”

“MAGMITES?” Pinkie Pie burst out of the kitchen doors, “Did someone say MAGMITES?”

“Yes, Pinkie. Have you any idea what they are? Are they like the parasprites?” Twilight asked.

Pinkie Pie only shook her head violently, “Never ever heard of them!” and then handed the dish that Spike ordered. “Speaking of which, I should be planning that welcome party right now!” And with a swift dash, headed back into the kitchen again.

“Gee, I sure hope the animals are okay.” Fluttershy spoke in a concerned tone, which Twilight responded with a raised eyebrow. “Oh, and the local ponies too.”

The bell rang signaling ponies entering the confectionery. A white-coated unicorn with royal purple curls and an orange-coated blonde earth pony donning a cowgirl hat walked in casually.

“Apologies for being late, Twilight.” The unicorn, Rarity, spoke gently.

“We had to go deal with our lil’ sisters who pulled another dangerous stunt again.” added Apple Jack. “Vine swingin’ in the forest, now which pony would ever have the sense to do that?”

“WHOA!” AJ’s comment was cut short as a rainbow-maned pegasus was tossed from a violent brake from a scooter. The lack of control in the heat of the moment caused her to crash into the front desk, earning a few giggles from other ponies.

“Thanks for this new scooter again, Dash!” Scootaloo, another Pegasus, but a filly, called out.

Rainbow Dash shook her head to rid her of the dizziness, “No problem! Hey, you should practice your stunts at the scooter often, kay?”

“Will do!” with that, Scootaloo took off from Sugarcube Corner in a flit.

A sly look was spread across her four pony – and one baby dragon – friends. “You got that filly a gift, didn’t ‘cha Dashie?” Apple Jack teased.

“What? It was a belated birthday gift, I had to do something!” Rainbow Dash said.

Suddenly, Pinkie Pie zipped over to her friends and handed each of them an invitation. The card said, “Welcome Party for the Two New Pinto Unicorns!” She then cartoonishly zipped off to other ponies in Ponyville, handing out the same invitation.

“Well, this is pretty sudden.” Rainbow Dash commented. “But I can pass my flying practice this afternoon!”

The rest of her friends agreed to also cancel their afternoon plans, but Twilight didn’t say a word. So, her friends slowly turned their heads to the bookworm, putting her in the hot seat.

She hesitated, “I have my studies to catch up to.” This caused her friends to beg her to stay for the party, pleading her to forego her studying plan in between comments on her being such an asocial pony that she didn’t want to meet new faces. Twilight Sparkle begrudgingly sighed, “Aww, alright.” and her friends cheered.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment