• Published 12th Dec 2014
  • 2,509 Views, 46 Comments

Ponies & Keyblades - GoneGuy



A MLP:FiM/Kingdom Hearts Crossover. When Sora enters Equestria, a magical world of talking ponies, can he learn the magic of friendship and save this world from the Heartless?

  • ...
10
 46
 2,509

1 An Unexpected Dive to the Heart

Sora piloted the Gummi Ship, as he had done so many a time. He pondered the events of his life, in particular the recent ones. That final battle between Harry and Voldemort, working alongside Link to fight Ganondorf atop Hyrule Castle, and teaming up with the gaming heroes and villains of his childhood inside that arcade machine in Traverse Town. Every time he assisted his new friends in a new world, and their destinies, intertwined with his own, were fulfilled, they were disappearing from his dreams. Of the many figures crowding his hearts' representation, only 6 remained - floating above his head, eyes closed, with such sweet smiles upon their faces. But he was puzzled by his most recent orders from Master Yen Sid - he had to return to the Destiny Islands. Why? He had never seen those creatures in his homeland. Even stranger, Riku had to stay behind as a temporary post in Traverse Town - many Heartless were popping up there now.

As he landed on the sands he knew of his childhood, he paused. He thought of the battles he would have with Riku, and Tidus, and all his friends here on these beaches. He thought of that night, when he was tossed into the darkness, only to wake up in a myserious town. And he thought of his homecoming after defeating Xemnas. Not once did the failure of the Keyblade Exam that last year cross his mind, as he was now happy. So happy. Harry and his friends had finished the job in the Wizarding World alongside Sora. As reward for the perilous task, the Master had named him a Master at last. The worlds seemed to be at peace once again. But after finding Maleficent had gathered these foes to battle against him, they seemed in greater peril than before. But he had used the might of his Keyblade, and his heart, alongside his friends to take these threats out. Only two remained. But Sora had no idea who the one was. Even less, he wondered why he was back home. That foe couldn't live here, could he?
Finally, as he continued walking, he recalled Master Yen Sid's most recent words.

"Find the place where your heart first felt light, and the door shall be opened to you."

Then he thought.

The place were he, and Riku, and Kairi all played.

The Secret Place.

He ran, ecstatic, with pure adrenaline rushing, ready to face this monster.

But nothing was there.

He sat on a rock, and let the happy memories in.

Then, something DID happen.

A beautiful door, white, and elegant, made it's appearance. A symbol was engraved on the door - well, more like 6 symbols. He felt as though he recognized them from the dreams.

A star.

A diamond.

An apple.

A balloon.

A butterfly.

And a lightning bolt.

He reached out his hand, and turned the golden doorknob.

As he did, he was bathed in pure white light. He was so blinded, he couldn't even walk in. He tripped.

And then all the light was gone.

Darkness.

He landed on yet another stained glass platform. But this one was different. It was orange, and one of the 6 figures was the main feature on this one.

He finally realized what it was.

"A pony." he thought to himself.

Yes, it was a picture of a pony. A girl, from the looks of it. She was orange, with a yellow mane and tail, and a hat. 3 apples were printed on her flank, and symbols of other ponies were all around her. He walked towards the edge, and erethreal stairs appeared, leading downward to another platform, this one purple, with a purple pony. As he continued down each flight of stairs, each pony was different, and on each of their flanks, the symbols that were on the door.

Then, unexpectedly, THEY appeared.

Heartless. But unusual ones. He couldn't quite place it, what was different. But he summoned the Keyblade. Soon enough, they were gone.

He fell to his knees, and blanked out.

Author's Note:

This Story mentions certain characters, including Harry Potter and Ganondorf, which are characters in other parts of an overarcing story including this one.