• Published 21st Dec 2014
  • 1,283 Views, 6 Comments

A Day in Destiny - Lunaravenue



Sunset Shimmer never completed her studies on friendship. A single glitch helps a broken pony feel whole again.

  • ...
2
 6
 1,283

Finishing Touches

"Um, hi everybody...I mean, ahem, everypony," Sunset sheepishly smiled at the four princesses sitting on the throne. "How did you know that I was coming back?"

"It all began a day or so ago," a pink pony with a blue heart as her Cutie Mark explained. "I was in the Crystal Empire, when one of the guards informed me of a disturbance in the mirror."

"Princess Cadence brought it to my attention. when I looked inside, I saw you approaching. You then panicked and cast a spell to go back, but the mirror refrained you," Princess Celestia spoke up. "I knew that you needed to go one way or another, so the other princesses and I created an opening for you to come here."

"And we're glad you made it here safely. You would have been stuck in between our worlds if you stayed in the mirror!" Twilight sighed in relief. She went up to Sunset and gave her a hug. "Glad to see you again, Sunset Shimmer!"

"Thanks everpony, but I seem to have missed a lot, haven't I?" Sunset asked. She took two steps forward to face Celestia, but everypony just looked at her in amazement. Twilight stifled a laugh. "What?" Sunset asked.

"You really haven't been back in a long time," Twilight giggled as she pointed to Sunset's hooves. The orange pony had been walking on her two hind legs the entire time.

"Heh, thanks for catching that" Sunset smiled. She carefully placed all of her hooves back on the ground before beaming at her friend. She turned to face Celestia. The Princess soon spoke up.

"I had your old room restored to it's former glory. I added a few things, since you left with some. Luna can show you to your room while Princess Cadence, Twilight, and I go work on your....surprise..." Celestia smiled and nodded at everypony. All of them began to split off, but Sunset Shimmer remained confused in the middle. Twilight noticed and laughed again as the lavender pony cleared her throat. Celestia looked back and saw a confused Sunset awkwardly smiling.

"Right. This is my old sister, Princess Luna. Twilight Sparkle restored her to her original self when she first made friends in Ponyville," Celestia gestured to the dark blue mare. "Princess Cadence is Twilight's sister-in-law and the new ruler of the Crystal Empire. The empire was an ancient land that disappeared long ago, but was restored properly thanks to Twilight once more." Celestia nodded again and everypony dispersed. Sunset chased up to Luna and the two began walking to Sunset's room.

"I hear you used to be Celestia's pupil," Luna started the conversation.

"Yes, I was. I didn't know Celestia had a sister. Were you away during my time studying here?" Sunset asked in the nicest way possible. She didn't want to make Luna feel uncomfortable.

"Well, you can say that...." Luna trailed off. Sunset remained silent, thinking she offended the pony in some way. It wasn't long before they reached her old room. Her cutie mark was proudly painted on the door like in the old days, but this door looked newly painted. She opened the door and stepped inside. Everything was the same, except some lighting upgrades here and there, but for the most part, Sunset felt like she was in between the mirror portal again.

"I shall be joining my sister and the other princesses. Someone will come fetch you once everything is ready. In the meantime, I'm sure my sister wouldn't mind if you relaxed here for a while. It was nice meeting you, Miss Sunset Shimmer," Princess Luna announced. Sunset Shimmer nodded and bowed to the Princess before she was alone in her room. Sunset trotted over to her bed, the sheets nicely folded and washed. She flopped down and stared at the ceiling. No one remembered her, and there was nothing to do.

Sunset got back up and reassured herself. Of course there were things to be done. Two new princesses and an empire! That must have been quite the adventure. "The library. How could I not visit the library?" Sunset face-hoofed herself and immediately began walking out of the room. "Library.....where was the library?" Sunset murmured to herself as she looked around at the doors.

BUMP!

Sunset Shimmer was so busy looking at the rooms, she didn't realized she bumped into something....or somepony. "Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry. I was just looking for the library!" the pony apologized.

"It's quite alright. Third door to your right. Make another left and you're there." The maid Sunset walked into smiled kindly and continued on her way.

"Thanks!' Sunset called out to the pony. She continued on her way and finally found the library. When she entered the room, Sunset immediately noticed a shortage of books, and many new books as well. Many of her old favorite reads were gone such as "The Spells of Starswirl the Bearded" and "Magical Cures, Potions, and Tonics". A new wing about the Crystal Empire had opened up. That was where Sunset intended to go.

"Wow, I sure have a lot to catch up on....." Sunset whispered to herself as she opened a book on the history of the Crystal Empire. Time flew as she skimmed book after book. She learned a lot about Sombra, and even more about how Spike helped Princess Cadence save the crystal ponies. "I'd love to go to a Crystal Fair. I wonder what that's like...." Sunset read and read until the sun was about to set. She was about to start on finding books about Princess Luna, but a familiar voice interrupted her.

"Sunset Shimmer?" the guard asked.

Sunset spun around rapidly and turned red in the face. "Ye....yes?" She stammered. Sunset internally face-hoofed and looked down at her hooves. She didn't expect him to be here.

"The princesses are all waiting in the throne room," the orange stallion announced. Sunset nodded and silently followed Flash in and around the halls.

"So, what's it like being back in Equestria? I don't think we've met before. The name's...."

"Flash Sentry. I know," Sunset finished his sentence. She immediately regretted saying anything. Flash didn't remember. No one did. Now she had a lot to answer for.

"How do you know who I am?" Flash questioned. He peered suspiciously into Sunset's eyes.

"I...um, Princess Twilight told be about you! I mean, everyon....I mean everypony here is also kind of...there? I mean, that sounds weird, well it's just that....." Sunset blubbered on hopelessly until Flash interrupted her.

"I'm sure magic is hard to explain after being away for so long. I think you made a lucky guess on who I was. Either way, we have arrived," Flash motioned for Sunset to enter the throne room, and she did. Inside, all four princesses stood in the middle of the room. All eyes were on her.

"Um, good evening, princesses," Sunset bowed.

"Good evening to you, Sunset Shimmer." Celestia acknowledged. "As you know, before you left, I had a special surprise waiting for you."

"Oh right. I guess I forgot about that..." Sunset looked down again. It's not normal to forget when a Princess tells you something, especially if it was made specifically for you.

"Well, you've waited long enough...."

All four princesses used their magic and shot beams of all different colors to the ceiling. In a burst of light, something fell from the roof...

Comments ( 2 )

Ahem...MOAR!!!

Author really bounced after giving us the best god damn cliffhanger ever.

Login or register to comment