• Published 21st Dec 2014
  • 1,274 Views, 6 Comments

A Day in Destiny - Lunaravenue



Sunset Shimmer never completed her studies on friendship. A single glitch helps a broken pony feel whole again.

  • ...
2
 6
 1,274

Going Back

Sunset sighed and gazed up at the moon. No cars where nearby, and if anyone was still awake, they wouldn't have been able to see her behind the enormous statue. She poked her hand to the stone and white swirls started to form all around it. She quickly drew it back and sighed once more.

"A little late to be waiting for a princess, isn't it?" a voice asked. Sunset shot up like a bullet and turned around. She glared back at the person talking to her. "What?" the purple and green-haired girl asked with one eyebrow raised.

"What are you doing here, Aria?" Sunset replied back.

"I needed to get out. Besides, I thought I might actually try, ya know, singing without powers. I would practice at home, but those two are the worst!" Aria sighed. "No one is usually around here anyway."

It was Sunset's turn to raise an eyebrow, but she didn't question further. Aria couldn't possibly use mind-control with no amulet....right? Either way, she went back to gazing at the portal.

"It's been a long time..." Sunset whispered. Aria walked up next to her. She sat down lazily and began to stare at the portal as well. Sunset looked questioningly at Aria. Was this the right siren who tried to rule the school? Aria did not seem like the person who would....gaze at things. At least not this portal.

"You're thinking about going back. See what's new, what's different. See if anyone remembers you," Aria stated. She didn't even show a hint of guessing, and yet the previously evil girl was right.

"How did you know?" Sunset asked in astonishment. She knew Aria was from Equestria, but never really knew anything else besides the fact that she was a siren and all. Aria didn't even seem....emotional at any time.

"You're not the only one who had a life back there," Aria explained white putting her head on her knees. Her eyes never left the portal. "You should try going back, right now. If you can, why don't you? I mean, Twilight knows you're good, and she must have told her friends. Right?" Aria's tone remained deep and brooding, but Sunset could sense something....deeper.

"Well, why don't you try going back? I mean, I doubt anyone would remember sirens......no offense..." Sunset trailed off at how incomplete that statement was. Of course Aria couldn't go back. She was known by the books, and who knows where the mirror is now.

"I wish I could," Aria grumbled as she got up and placed a hand on the portal. Sunset got up and was about to stop Aria from crossing when something hit her. Aria's hand didn't pass through. It lay flat on the surface of the stone.

"What....how??" Sunset was at a lost for words.

"We've changed, Sunset. The sirens and I are just like everyone else. We don't have the amulets, which was what Starswirl banished in the first place. It was a part of us, the part of us that led us here. Without it, none of us can go back. I think there's some other stuff in there that would make it all clearer, but what's it to you?" Aria explained. She looked upset, so Sunset didn't push any further.

"Anyway, I'm just going to wait until you leave. If it were me, I'd just go. You can always come back if you don't like what you see." Aria muttered. The ex-siren sat down on a nearby bench and sighed. Sunset looked at the portal again.

"Here goes......"

RAINBOW! LOTS OF RAINBOW. Bright lights swirled around and a strange sensation enveloped Sunset Shimmer's body. Everything was pulling her in every way. She was half pony now. Her horn had just sprouted. Sunset immediately regretted her decision. She tried to use magic to go back, but instead, the rainbows stopped. Purple mist replaced the white shines and images were floating everywhere....

"This is stupid! Why do I need friends? Why do I need any of this anymore? Why are you here? You don't do anything! A few dozen Unicorns could do what you do I bet. I don't know why I ever listened to you..."