• Published 29th Apr 2012
  • 3,063 Views, 126 Comments

Chrysbloom - SwiperTheFox



Applebloom's black magical spell traps her and the other Crusaders in Chrysalis' underworld.

  • ...
6
 126
 3,063

Thrill Of The Chase

Back in Applebloom's new world...

"I'm going to give you quite a headstart, my sweet delicious thing," said the gruff, masculine voice from behind Applebloom. "At least a minute's worth. It's all about the thrill of the chase, after all. The longer the chase, the sweeter your warm, tasty cherry deep inside your pretty flanks-- all ready to be popped-- will taste. So, go."

"But-- I--" she stammered, thrusting her microphone down into a side pocket. "Can't-- I--"

"Go, now! Run!"

Applebloom bounced out into the air, landing atop a long shiny white wooden pier. She looked over to the side as she sped down, seeing a fancy yacht pull out seemingly out of nowhere. A gaggle of ponies in flashy pink, blue, and white suits wiggled around the top deck, posing with their sharp-looking sunglasses as their long, flowing golden manes blew in the oceanside breeze.

"What the hay is this? Am I trapped in a music video or something?" Applebloom spat, leaping up onto the side of the yacht. Her hooves ambled onto the deck, body shivering helplessly. She watched the fashion ponies dance around the deck, totally ignoring her. "Please. Help."

A tall, skinny stallion leaned up against a flag-pole. He grinned from cheek to cheek as he held out a hoof and pulled down his glasses. Applebloom cringed, seeing something like burning magical green orbs instead of eyes. She let out a gasp as she forced herself up, the yacht bending and wiggling in the sparkling blue water.

*Boom!*

Applebloom found herself thrown against the back of the boat, almost falling overboard. As she clung to the back railing, she saw a very tall, very curvy mare riding atop a long, black cannon on the front of the ship. The mare screamed out a passionate, feminine whine as she ground her flanks against the cannon, smoke pouring off of the long, hard tip.

Oh, sweet Celestia, I am stuck in a music video! She crawled up the back railing as she eyed another long, wide white pier on the other side of the boat, leading off into a set of beachside shacks. I can't believe that I fell for it! That's the last time I pick what that monster wants me to pick!

The fashion ponies moved around her, still dancing to the bouncy syntheizeer beat. She hopped forwards and slid between their legs, with her bunny ears rubbing up against their legs. She kicked against the wall and stood atop a huge set of tubes. She spotted a big suitcase right at the tip of the next pier.

She jumped, her bunny tail wiggling in the air. She landed softly atop the suitcase and rolled over, panting. "I've already had enough of this and the blasted lyrics haven't even started yet!" She blinked. She saw the familar floating magical screen popping up right atop her head. Oh, no!

Instrumental Break Finishing

Prepare for Lyrics

She pulled out her microphone. Thank goodness, it didn't fall out of my pocket. She saw it light up with a bright red magical arua, looking just the same color as her mane. How the hay do I even use it, anyway? And why didn't it fall off through all that?

She picked herself up, running down the pier. She heard water splashing around far behind her, and she didn't even want to look back. It's all been a trick, hasn't it? I sort of woke Scootaloo up, but she's now completely hidden from me along with the rest of the crowd. It has to be something to do with the songs. I need to pick my own songs, somehow, and pick the right one. But what! I have no idea what to do!

Partner: Darken the city, night is a wire

You: Steam in the subway, earth is a afire

"Oh, dear," she moaned. She reached the end of the pier, staring at a solid wall of fancy-looking white beach huts. She saw nopony in sight.

*Splash!*

She flipped around, eyes growing huge. She backed up against a shorter hut as a figure melodramatically stepped out of the water. The figure, water flowing from her soaking wet mane and tail around her curvy, slender body, looked a lot like Princess Luna without a cutie mark. Applebloom's eyes ran down the tall mare's hooves, leading into wolf-like paws, over to to the top of her head, seeing fuzzy wolf-like ears perking in the wind. She looks like that one fashion model if she didn't have the animal-y stuff. That new plaything of Photo Finish. Her name was Rio, right?

Rio stepped onto the edge of the pier, sudddenly turning her head twoards Applebloom. They both heard the band amping up their sound, ready to go right into the lyrics. Rio's bright led lips, curved in that cherry-ice cream smile that young colts across Ponyville kept in bedroom magazines, blew a kiss into the air.

Applebloom gulped.

"Darken the city, night is a wire," Rio sang, leaping up onto the pier and leaning her body down against the wood. She wagged her flanks and tail, her eyes glowing with bright green magic.

"Steam in the subway, earth is a afire," Applebloom sang. Despite everything, she forced herself to bolt out the words with conviction.

"Do do do do do do do do do do do do do, do do," Rio cooed, crawling forwards with her back arched. She opened up her mouth and panted.

Applebloom span backwards, grabbing in vain against the hut behind her. She bucked it, kicking the whole thing over. She heard Rio walking over behind her, and she lept over the pile of fabric onto the rest of the beach. She heard a torrent of girly laughs, and more posh fashion ponies cavorted around the beach in front of her.

"Mare you want me, give me a sign," Applebloom sang, hopping over a set of benches and knocking off some white hats from fancy sunbathing mares.

"And catch me breathing even closer behind," Rio sang, leaping over a sandcastle to Applebloom's right.

The filly squeaked as she kicked sand over at Rio's face. As the other mare wiped her face, growling, Applebloom sped over to the left, heading away from the beach. She saw the screen still following her, moving yard after yard overhead them both like a kite. "Do do do do do do do do do do do do do, do do!"

"In touch with the ground! I'm on the hunt! I'm after you!" Rio called out, hopping up onto a trash can and leaping onto the building roofs alongside Applebloom.

The filly ducked into an alleyway, having no idea where she was going. Does this bucking place just magically create new stuff whenever I walk over to it, from nowhere? Is this more like living in a video game or something? She found herself staring at a busy market street, fancy and not so fancy ponies all intermingling around a wide variety of pushcarts, vendors with barrels, and everything else that she could think of.

"I smell like I sound. I'm lost and I'm found," Applebloom sang, holding her mic close as she slammed into pony after pony, trying to move down the street. She curled in between a fat stallions legs, bounced to the left to avoid a tall mare carrying dozens of boxes, and landed on top of a huge, bright red unbrella in front of a diner.

"And I'm hungry like the wolf!" Rio sang, letting out a deep howl after the line. Applebloom looked straight up at the mare on the roof above her. Her heart seemed to stop.

"Straddle the line," she sang, hopping from the umbrella onto the tall sign besides it. "It's discord and rhyme."

"I'm on the hunt. I'm after you." Rio slinked over to the end of the roof, moving down the fire escape.

"Mouth is alive! All running inside!" Applebloom smashed her body through the crowd over to the other side of the street. I've got to get outta here!

"And I'm hungry like the wolf," Rio sang from somewhere behind her.

Applebloom spotted a flat manhole cover, looking like something made out of bamboo. She immediately kicked it to the side, throwing her body over, and she slid the cover back from the inside. She took a deep breath as she landed. Thank goodness! She splashed around for a second in what looked like pure, clean water before she saw a light in the far distance. She bucked her hooves against the wall and sped down the pipeline.

Prepare for Vocal Solo

First Part

The screen appeared out of nowhere right above her head. She groaned, and she took a deep breath afterward. Whatever it takes to finally finish the bucking song! Then, it's my turn to show Rio or Fab or whomever this monster really is what I'm made of. I'll have Scootaloo on the stage and it'll be two against one.

"Stalked in the forest," she sang, coming upon a sudden right turn in the pipeline. "Too close to hide." She ducked to the side and came upon a dead end next to a set of old, gray double doors. "I'll be upon you by the moonlight side." She bucked the doors open, spinning around and heading inside. She found herself in a broken down old shack, rusty metal gear and broken wood everywhere. "Do do do do do do do do do do do do do, do do."

She spotted an open window above a dresser, and she hopped over. She saw a huge patch of moss leading her down a tall hill with jungle-like low trees, bushes, and weird animals from tiny lizards to tall blue birds. She jumped through, skidding along the moss like a surfer riding a wave.

Prepare for Vocal Solo

Second Part

Oh, for crying out loud! She came upon the bottom of the hill, tossing around the grass like a rag doll. She found herself sitting below a set of huge, low-drooping trees. She stood back upwards, holding the mic over her head.

"High blood drumming on your skin. It's so tight," she sang. Her eyes flung all aross the jungle, seeing no Rio and no other ponies besides, and she hopped over some old tree trunks twoards a river. "You feel my heat. I'm just a moment behind." She sped downstream right alongside the river, trying not to trip on any of the vines, rocks, or old branches all about. "Do do do do do do do do do do do do do, do do!"

I can't stand it. I just can't stand it. Is there a point? I'm just running through some kind of hallucination or simulation or something. She slowed down, listing to the water rushing besides her.

*Smash!*

A tree slammed into the river right in front of her. She felt her heart starting to race, and she leaned back. Rio leapt over from another tree right into the river, eyes locked right at Applebloom. The mare's face seemed to be all teeth, grinning deviously.

"In touch with the ground," Rio sang, slinking clover, "I'm on the hunt I'm after you. "

Applebloom turned tail and ran, heading over the opposite direction along the river. She heard the wolf-pony bouncing around behind her. Rio's moans and noises brought a empty, dark pit into Applebloom's stomach.

"I smell like I sound," Rio sang. "I'm lost and I'm found. And I'm hungry like the wolf." She chased Applebloom along over to a cliff, seemingly trapping the filly. "Strut on a line. It's discord and rhyme. I howl and I whine. I'm after you." Rio wagged her tail and licked her lips as Applebloom froze, unable to dash from side to side with Rio grabbing her but having a wall of water raining down behind her. "Mouth is alive with juices like wine. And I'm hungry like the wolf."

"No!" Applebloom threw herself into the waterfull. She suddenly saw an empty cave behind it, just narrow enough for her to fit but too big for Rio.

*Wham!*

The wolf-pony smashed her head against the solid rock. She staggered backwards, redness covering her dark blue head as she screamed out a low, deep whine. Applebloom smiled.

The filly looked around, hunting for another way out. She tripped on a set of pebbles and laid back against the ground. She blinked, taking in a deep breath. Please! She spotted a bright light coming from around the ceiling. She held her hooves against the wall. Despite first glance, the wall seemed to be a low enough angle for her to climb.

She scurried up the wall, hearing the song going into a long instrumental improvisitation all around her in the cave. She bumped her head against something hard and flat. She felt upwards, feeling a very loose wooden plank with light pouring all around. She took a gulp, and she pressed upwards. She found herself bathed by light, getting lifted by strong hooves around her body.

To Be Continued...