• Published 27th Nov 2014
  • 478 Views, 0 Comments

Michael Winds and His Best Thanksgiving Ever. - Windy Swift



When Michael Winds' mother becomes sick and he has to make Thanksgiving dinner he is visited by a certin pink party teen as he later learns that he's not alonei in his small family within Canterlot.

  • ...
8
 0
 478

Best Thanksgiving Ever

Author's Note:

With the linked music be sure to stop the track when you read the Red text.

Enjoy! :pinkiesmile:

It was crisp autumn day, all the kids were playing in the leaves as the sun glistened through the red, orange, and yellow leaves. On this thanksgiving day nothing everything has gone perfectly for everyone in the suburbs of Canterlot.

“Damn it!” Everyone except Michael Winds as he pulled burnt biscuits out of the oven. After a fallen ill, Michael’s mom was unable to cook, leaving Michael to cook and he has never has never cooked something as big as a Thanksgiving dinner for eight by himself. Even with his excellent memory of the recipes he just couldn’t even make simple biscuits, the same type that his brother perfected many years prior. ”Man, at this rate I’ll never even carve the turkey by the time Rarity’s family, Rainbow, or Pinkie show up, why did my mom invite them in the first place?!” He sighed as he fell back into a chair to take a breather from the heat of the kitchen and thought how he could get this all done in time. “This maybe even harder than R0V back at the beginning of the school year, that or I could be exaggerating.”






...Then suddenly Pinkie Pie.

“Hi!” she said gleefully making Michael shout “AH!” as he fell back out of his seat hitting the tile floor with a hard thud. “I keep forgetting that she is immune to my tooth sense.” He thought as he got up.

“Hey Pinkie, wait Pinkie what are you doing here so early?!?”

“For Thanksgiving, Duh the rest of my family is out on business, whatcha doin?”

“I am trying to cook special biscuits that my family has every Thanksgiving, but they either come out burnt or taste horrible! At this rate I’ll never have the entire dinner done!”

“Uh, Mikeyl?” she asked confused. “Did he forget?”

“I mean I read the recipe before and, and memorized it but now I can’t find the recipe and-”

“You mean this recipe?” Pinkie asked, interrupting the teen as she held it up in front of his face.

“What, where did you find it?!?!?”

“♪ In a box in the attic named ‘Alejandro’! ♪” the pink girl sang. “Who is Alejandro?”

“That doesn’t matter,” He said as he threw his arms around around her saying. “Pinkie you’re so random but amazing that I could just kiss you!”

“Well what’s stopping you?” Pinkie asked gleefully, causing michael to flush crimson,leading to him breaking the hug.

“Um, Many reasons.” Michael stated.

“Like what?”

Michael quickly wiped the sweat from his forehead and replied. “That I’m not looking for a relationship right now.”

“But that’s just one thing.” Pinkie said.

“Not right now Pinks I gotta make these biscuits so I can finish everything else!” The boy said confidently.

“You know each of us are bringing something in so you don’t have to do everything silly.” this caused Michael to blush once more, this time of embarrassment.

“I knew that.” he said sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his head.

“No worries, I actually came to drop off the desserts when I saw you being all stressed so I was like 'Hey Pinkie, you should help him' and now here we are!"

"Oh no Pinkie it's fine I got it cov-" Michael said before Pinkie put a finger over his lips.

"Friends help out friends in need, please Mikey let me help, you don't have to be alone in this." She pleaded with big blue puppy dog eyes.

Michael just stared at her he wanted to do this alone but he knew that he knew how persistent Pinkie can be. "Alright you can help, just do your fourth wall breaking thing to help us finish faster."

"Okie dokie lokie but I'm going to need you to get some things." Pinkie zipped over to the table where a pen and paper lay as she wrote down ingredients that they needed and hands the list to Michael."here's the list just be quick about it okay Mikey?"

"Sure thing Pinks I'll be back soon!" He said as he left into the back yard leaving Pinkie by herself to clean the mayhem Michael left behind. Michael ran to the garage where once inside, he Turned the head of his black wrist watch as light then engulfed his body when the light died down his red t-shirt was replaced with a dark green hood and long sleeved shirt with light green shoulder pads and padding of the same color on his elbows and chest. His blue jeans replaced with orange pants that have lighter orange padding on the knees being held up by a brown belt that has a golden buckle with a S-shaped Lightning bolt engraved on it. Other than that he got brown gloves and two-toned red shoes with white straps crossing over the middle with golden bit buckles on them. His mask appeared across his eyes as they turned an illuminating violet. “Michael may get there fast, but Swift can get there faster.” He thought as he slightly stuck his head out of the garage door slightly to see if Pinkie could see him but she was busy cleaning the kitchen so Michael dashed out of there in a green blur towards the nearest grocery store.


After traveling for a few minutes Michael was able to find the grocery store that was open during the holiday. He landed in the alleyway across the street from the store and turned back to his normal self and proceeded to the store. When Michael reached the entrance he noticed a man in old rags with a sign that said ‘Will Work for food’ “Poor man.” He mumbled to himself as he entered the building. Once inside he wasted no time in finding the ingredients even getting in a little scuffle with an elderly woman.

“Now listen here sonny, I saw them first so those butter sticks are mine!” The woman shouted as she tried to pry the package of butter stick from Michael hands but with no avail.

“Mam please stop yelling, I had the butter in my hands first so they are mine.” Michael explained.

“What?”

“I said- oh forget it.” Michael then yanked the package and made a break for the cash register being that the butter was the last thing he needed to get. In the distance he could hear the woman shout. “COME BACK HERE WITH MY BUTTER YOU HOOLIGAN!!” The teen kept walking at a brisk pace and arrived at the register scanned and payed for the items and took the bag of the Items and checked his wallet and saw he had some extra money. The boy exited the store and headed over to the man he saw earlier. With the wallet still in hand he took out a crisp twenty dollar bill and handed it to the man saying. “Here, get yourself something nice sir.”

The man didn’t even hesitate when taking the money and replied. “Thank you young man.”

“No problem sir, just stay safe.” Michael said and made his way Back to the alley he came out of. once no one was around, he turned back into Swift and revved up into a green ball of energy. He spin dashed up the wall and began to run up it, when he slow down he would jump to the adjacent wall to regain some of his momentum. Michael repeated this three more times before he jump to one side of the wall and performed the spin dash to shoot himself up to the railing, which he swiftly flung over and rolled to a stop. “Parkour never gets old.” Thought the teen as his his sixth sense identified to him as his ‘Tooth sense’ being that a rattle sensation goes on with one of his teeth. He looked off in the direction his tooth pointed him to and ran off in that direction in style with his parkour skills. When the knight reached a new rooftop a few blocks away from the store he heard police sirens blaring as police vehicles were in pursuit of a getaway vehicle with some money flying out of it every once and awhile. Swift sighed as he tapped a button on his left gauntlet to deactivate his voice modulator that he uses when he is action and pulled his phone out in a flash of light and went to contact and selected the call under ‘Pinkie Pie’. The girl picked up the phone as if she was waiting for Michael to call him and answered with. “Hi Mikey, Did you get the ingredients?”

“Yeah I got the stuff, did you clean the kitchen?”

“Yeppity yep yep, thanks for leaving me hanging there, but while I was at it I did take a look at the biscuit recipe again, This Alejandro guy knew what he was doing wasn’t he?”

“Yeah… he was, and sorry about that.” Michael replied as he was now dashing across the rooftops to keep in pursuit of the getaway vehicle. “Anyway It may take a while to get back, say thirty minutes?”

“No that won’t do at all, how about fifteen minutes or one fortnight in the fun dungeon?”

This sent the teen into a panic “Not the fun dungeon, okay fifteen minutes it is see ya Pinkie bye!” Michael said quickly before he hung up leaving the pink girl to giggle to herself “Oh can you ever take a joke Mikey?”


After taking care of the bank robbers the knight wasted no time in returning home. He had used his limited pocket space to keep the ingredients in good condition so when he changed back into Michael in the garage he had the bag appeared promptly into his hand. Michael walked inside to see Pinkie watching TV she turned to see Michael and turned it off as she got off the couch and walked over towards the tan teen. “fourteen minutes and fifty-five seconds, I’m impressed you’re usually three to five minutes late.” she said with an amused tone.

“Well when you’re threatened to spend two weeks in a dungeon-o-fun then you tend to speed up that and I practically had to beat an old lady with a stick to get the butter.” Pinkie giggled at Michael's comment. “Wait, we have ghosts in my house? I KNEW IT!” Then Pinkie burst out laughing.

“I love your wisecracks.”

“And I love that someone loves my wisecracks, now let’s start those biscuits shall we?” Michael asked as he gestured towards the kitchen.

“Okie dokie lokie, but we’re gonna do this Pinkie Pie style!”

“And that style would be?”

“A jump cut!” Pinkie said gleefully causing Michael to do a double take.

“A jump what?” He asked.

“It’s better if I showed you.” Pinkie said as she grabbed Michael's hand causing him to blush from the sudden contact. “Hit it Windy!” she shouted as I Jump cut to the point where Rainbow Dash and Rarity’s family arrive with the biscuits being done and at the table as well as a carved turkey and other assortments at a Thanksgiving dinner.


After the jump cut Pinkie suddenly remembered that after she helped Michael make a few batches of biscuits That she had returned home to get ready. She now stood outside Michael’s house wearing a pink dress with a poofy skirt lined with yellow and blue balloons lined at the bottom.she was also wearing a navy blue jacket with wristbands and bead bands on her wrists. she saw a car. “I guess Rarity’s family got here already.” she thought as she knocked on the door surprisingly Rarity opened the door. she was wearing a violet dress with lighter purple accents on the neck and belt.On her neck piece was a purple rhombus-shaped gem laced with a golden frame and had violet dress shoes.
“Hello Pinkie come in .” She said as she gestured the pink girl inside. When Pinkie went inside she noticed Sweetie Belle, Rarity’s parents, and Rainbow Dash watching the big game but something was off, Michael was no where to be seen. “Rarity, where’s Michael?” Pinkie asked.

“That’s the thing is Pinkie, we haven’t seen Michael since he let us in,I got worried so I went to check on him but he didn’t answer.”Rarity replied with concern.

“Well we can’t have a party without a host now can we, l’ll go talk to him okay?” Pinkie asked with a tone of symphony that Rarity never really heard from Pinkie before and replied “Be my guest, and just think before you speak Pinkie because you sometimes forget to do so, like that one time with Fluttershy."

“Okie dokie wish me luck.” Pinkie said as she walked up the stairs to the second floor with Rarity to think “Good luck Pinkie Pie.”


When Pinkie got to the second floor she saw three doors, the one on the left was open , leading into the bathroom, the one on the far end was was a plain white door, and the door on the right was a door that had a yellow skateboard sticker on it. She walked up to the door and knocked on it and asked. “Mikey, it’s me Pinkie we I heard you were up here since Everyone else got here so I wanted to check up on you.” No one responded. “We can’t have Thanksgiving without you.” Silence. Pinkie sighed, she knew that barging into someone’s room without permission was rude but the dinner wouldn’t be the same without him and those funny jokes of his. “Alright, I’m coming in!” Pinkie opened the door and entered the room, only to find it empty. “Where is he?” She wondered when she noticed beside a button up dress shirt on the teen’s bed was a rope that was attached to one of the bed’s legs which lead right out the open window. She walked up to the window to see Michael wearing a white t-shirt and black dress pants and shoes as he stared up into the sky, mumbling something to himself with a sad look on his face. Pinkie quietly climbed down the rope, being careful not to damage her dress and when she got to the bottom, instead of scaring him she walked up next to him asking. “Mind if i sit here?” This shot him out of his day dream and looked at Pinkie as she sat down.

“Hey Pinks, you look gorgeous by the way.” He commented causing Pinkie to blush.

“Why thank you, but I’m not here to talk about me.”

Michael turned to face the girl before asking. “Then why are you here?”

Pinkie inhaled some oxygen before saying. ”Well when I got Here I noticed you weren’t watching the game with the others but I know you’re not a sports guy, but anyway I asked Rarity Where you were and she said you were in your room since they got here, she even checked on you but you didn’t answer so I said I would come up here and get you and I came into your room to see that rope lead out here and well here we are, but why sit out here with just a t-shirt it’s kinda cold.” She finished her long sentence with an equally long exhale.

“Ah, well I come out here to think, also I've been in colder, and I didn’t know I was out here that long honestly.”

“Well I did hear you mumble to yourself, Wanna talk about it?”

“It’s nothing really.”

“Michael this can stay between you and me, Promise” Michael was taken back by the amount of symphony in Pinkies voice and knew she was being serious by saying his name properly.

“Pinkie promise?” He asked.

“Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.” she said as she performed the appropriate gestures.

Michael sighed before he started. ”well its just that I wanted to do it on my own.”

“Do what, the whole dinner?”

“No the biscuits, I thought I could do it by myself yet-“ Michael hesitated before continuing. “I could never be as good as him.”

“You mean Alejandro?” Pinkie asked.

“Yeah, he perfected it I just wanted to make him proud by Making those biscuits on my own.”

“What happened to him?”

“Well Alejandro was a very close relative of mine, not to long before before we moved here he was about to head out for college when-” he stopped to wiped the tears forming around his eyes which Pinkie just noticed.

“When what?” She asked with concern.

“When he was killed in a car accident.” He lied trying to keep that he let a robber as Swift get away, the same robber who shot his brother.

“Oh my goodness I’m so sorry Michael.”

“He was like a father you know, ever since our dad left, besides him It’s just my mom and I really have no other family here I just feel alone without him.

“That’s why your mom invited us.” Pinkie responded.

“Wait, what?”

“Michael Your forgot, your friends are your family too, you’re never alone with us around.”

“But I couldn't make the biscuits.”

“Biscuits smishcuits, friends help each other in need, and I’m sure you've already done something to make your brother proud.”

Michael smiled. “Yeah, thanks for listening Pinkie, I feel better now.” He said as Pinkie planted her lips on his cheek, causing him to blush. “What was that for?”

“For letting someone listen to your Issues.” The girl giggled. “And for the compliment on my dress.”


Michael chuckled as he go up. “Oh Pinkie, lets go back inside. ” He said as he stretched his and out which Pinkie took as Michael pulled her up. When they got to the rope Michael gestured to it saying “Ladies first.”

“How kind of you Mikey.” She said as she started climbing the rope as she looked back at him. “Or are you letting me go first to get a money shot?”

Michael blushed. “Oh Pinks you are so random.” he said as Pinkie re entered the boys room and he began to ascend the rope.

“You know what they say, dirty minds make conversations more interesting.”

“True that.” The tan teen said as he climbed into the room bringing the rope with him. He then put on and buttoned up. his dress shirt as Pinkie and himself left the room to join everyone downstairs to enjoy Their Thanksgiving. One thought rushed through both teen’s minds as they both walked down the stairs. “Best Thanksgiving ever.”

The End.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment