• Published 7th May 2012
  • 6,270 Views, 170 Comments

A Helping Hoof - Drifter



Fluttershy helps an injured changeling.

  • ...
19
 170
 6,270

A Letter

A month latter...

Ding dong!
The new door bell rang out through Fluttershy's home.
"Coming." She said, her voice dull and sad. Only her friends knew about Differ, and none of them could cheer her up. Fluttershy trudged her hooves towards the door, a nightgown hanging loosly off her. When she opened it, in front of her stood the grey, crossed eyed mailmare who worked at the post office.
"Morning Miss Shy!" She said happily.
"Good morning Derpy." Fluttershy said, tiredly.
"Here's your mail!" the grey pegasus handed Fluttershy a load of letters. Fluttershy said thank you, then closed the door and returned to the couch. The mail was mostly spam and bills. Nothing special...
Ding Dong!
Fluttershy sighed, getting up once again to go to the door. Once again, the mailmare stood there, but holding only one letter.
"Woops, I forgot this one." she handed Fluttershy the letter, then... winked?
"Uh, ok Derpy. Bye." Fluttershy closed the door. When she looked at the letter she noticed it was dirty, and didnt have any info on the front. Inside was a sheet of paper that read:

Dear Fluttershy,
It's been a month hasn't it? Since I had to leave you? Believe it or not, I'm still here. You just have to keep a close eye out, and then you can find me.
-Differ

Fluttershy dropped the letter. He was still here, and he never left. Now her mind went over the past month. Her gardener had been acting extra nice, Mr. Cake randomly dropped by and gave her a cupcake, and Derpy had winked at her when giving the letter. Differ was still here. Fluttershy could still get him back. And in the first time in a month, Fluttershy smiled.

Comments ( 40 )

i like your style[img]Unknown.jpeg[/img]

That was pretty short. Literally and generally... :applejackunsure:

Very... interesting.
I must wonder, will she in fact get the colt she dreams of? even if he is a changeling, he obviously still cares for her...

After reading this, I want to see a sequel!

I like happy endings.:twilightsheepish:

That was a little too short.
And Fluttershy would probably be really pissed with RD.

Well, that was an abrupt ending. May be hope for a sequel or is this something you just didn't find enough interest in to continue?

Furthermore, The sheer abruptness of the last two chapters comes off as rushed and almost dropped. I would at the very least go into the implications of what happened to RD and Fluttershy's relationship after RD told on her, and perhaps have Fluttershy break down and make RD feel bad or something. There's also the altercation with the guards you dropped, but I can see how that might be awkward to handle.

684817 yeah, I kind of lost interest by now. TBH, this is the first fanfic in a while that I actually finished, and I felt like if I continued now it would turn into just another scrapped project.

684833 That's kinda sad to be honest... I know how it feels to start a story and never finish it.

to bad it seemed really interesting, ah well nice story until the last 2 chapters. keep writing

684833 intresting enough
need at least one more chapter though

Happy endings make me feel happy. And obvious comment is obvious. Good work.

short but sweet chapter

way too short.

Why can't Differ just make himself into a new pony? Wouldn't that solve all of their problems?

Sad to see it's over so soon, still liked it though. Maybe someday you'll regain interest for a sequel?

This is the ending? Whaaat.
Kind of abrupt, but I do understand if you get bored of the project.

:twilightoops: muy corto

Only time I would agree with that>>686314

686314

...

I'm going to back away slowly, and come back when there's less weird shit.

this makes me sad but o well

700567

...

Yep. Still weird shit. Staying away.

701678

...

That's just downright creepy.

702003
...

No. Just, no.

702064

...You're enjoying this, aren't you? :facehoof:

702070>>702064
I... just... no :ajbemused:

Dude! When Fluttershy got the letter I thought it was just the beginning of a huge story :(
But good work anyway... Maybe u do a sequel :3

yeah, I gotta say when I just noticed this had updated, and then completed, I was jazzed, but...the ending...
You could at least show a day a week of Fluttershy going about her daily business and random ponyvillians being extra extra nice. Maybe even the jackass at the celery stall from Putting Your Hoof Down giving her a weekend's worth of celery for free and being all "Naaaah I was just breakin' yer bazongas the rest of the time, kid! It's just a lot of fun to watch you squirm. *winkwink*." It would make the letter at the end have that much more of an impact. It feels like we just shot straight to the end of an episode's act.

686314
That is the GREATEST thing to have ever come out of that fanfic.
Barring the odd PinkieDash coupling pic of course.

Wow...now I want moar...

Aww... Dammit, Dash!

That was fun. I'm certain they get to be together eventually.

Cya
Raziel-chan

That was a good fanfic rushed but still good

Login or register to comment