• Published 28th Nov 2014
  • 1,886 Views, 5 Comments

The Feast - Gamel_Lightshow



Spike spends a lovely feast with friends and family. Along with a special someone.

  • ...
10
 5
 1,886

Thanksgiving

Spike looks over the table of bountiful food. The mouth watering array is almost too much for him as he shuffles out of the kitchen leaving behind the tempting smell and the glazed horn made of bread with an array of different delicacies within it. A lick of his lips is enough to show Applejack, who lays on the couch with Rainbowdash as they take turns moving their characters on a board game, who speaks up about it.

"Calm down Spike. Remember that the food is for all of us." Applejack calls out.

"Yea... Well I have a dragon's appetite now."

"I think you've always had one." Rainbowdash says chuckling.

Spike mumbles to himself as he takes a seat on the floor in between Fluttershy and Rarity who are busy looking through an assortment of magazines and ideas they've brought together. Lately with the weeks of fall, Rarity has been going to Fluttershy for advice on making a more nature like line for this season. Fluttershy gave the idea of a deciduous design for this season's fashion. Rarity happily took on the idea. After all, she loves a fashion challenge. That's what she's all about after all.

Across from the three the Cutie Mark Crusaders are busy drawing and coloring different picture with a now three month old dragon pony watching them curiously with her big purple-green eyes. Celestia and Luna would have been here with them, but their duties have been piling up lately due to the increase activity of races associating with each other.

It's hard to believe. Spike and Twilight really caused a stir in everything. In fact, a lot of things are changing just because of them. Lately scientist and dragons are working together to make a reusable energy from flames and magic. It's suppose to be in a central unit to where when it's turned on it can power things that need the power of magic to let the item work. It's a wonder how fast things can advance over a matter of months. Though Twilight brought up a fear of ponies becoming too dependent on it.

"You think Twilight will be well enough to actually come down here?" Pinkie asks throwing streamers around the railing of the stairs to make it most festival like.

"I'm sure. We've been practicing walking and standing for a couple of days now. I'm sure she'll be well enough to come down. I can go up and check on her." Spike offers starting to get up.

"No need dear. You've been working yourself hard with both the child and Twilight." Rarity says, "I'm sure she'll be down on her own time."

"Yea. You're right." Spike replies calmly looking from the now decorated stairs to the darkness that is the hallway that leads from it.

Up there he knows that Twilight should be resting after the long weeks she's had. She fights so hard everyday so she deserves a bit of rest. The others would say the same for Spike. Teaching Twilight some of the basics to keep her mental health up as well as making sure their child is fed and taught well is taxing for him. Yet he does it with love and that's what keeps him going.

"Trixie believes that this shall be a wonderful celebration!" Trixie exclaims while messing around with Pinkie as the two decorate the place.

"You know it! After all, the most awesome of awesome ponies is here to help celebrate!" Rainbowdash says puffing up her chest.

"Yea yea what ever you say. Also. I win." Applejack says coyly as she moves her piece to the finish line.

"Wha... What!" She exclaims examining the board, "You-You cheated!

Spike chuckles to himself as he feels himself being absorbed into the atmosphere. It really is a spectacular on its own. Spike feels like he's been to Tartarus and back, yet he still finds a way to enjoy the day. After all, he enjoys the moment where his burden is lifted. Plus it's not everyday you have such a big guest coming to enjoy a feast with you.

"So are you sure your friend is coming?" Applejack asks looking over at Fluttershy.

Fluttershy nods her head, "I'm sure. He's never let me down before."

"If ya say so." Applejack replies as Rainbow resets the game and demands a rematch immediately.


Thirty minutes later an a knock sounds off the door. Well, more of a pecking noise. Spike sits up knocking Applebloom off his chest and down to where the three other fillies are who are still playing with his flexible spikes and tail.

"Please let it be him.." Spike groans as he stomach rumbles an agreement.

Fluttershy flies from the top flight of the stairs and opens the door to reveal their guest of honor. A round, wobbly, and feathery brown creature wobbles in looking around the area as if detecting any threat.

"Oh! It's so great to finally have you here Mr. Gibbles! The feast is right in the kitchen. Follow me okay?" Fluttershy says leading the very round and vibrant brown turkey into the kitchen where a bounty awaits him.

As the turkey passes by Spike, the two seem to eye each other for a moment before moving on with their lives. Spike stands up and starts walking to the stairs.

"For some odd reason... I want to catch that turkey..." Spike mumbles to himself as he ascends the stairs.

He can hear the others as they talk amongst themselves and travel into the kitchen by the telltale sign of clopping against the wooden floor. An regular sound for all and at the right moments an annoying sound. At this moment, it's an annoying as the sound as it echoes off all the walls of the hallway. Nevertheless, he makes his way through the dark corridor to Twilight's and his room. He raps against the door and pushes it open slowly.

"Hey Twilight." He calls out as he steps into the room.

Twilight is sitting in a chair looking out the window with a small frown on her face. She looks so peaceful like that, yet so sad. The slow rise and fall of her chest is almost rhythmic. The peaceful look on her face is only broken by the suppressor on her horn that sparks every other second. The suppressor and is unlike any of the other suppressors. It's been enchanted by Celestia to repress Alicorn magic. It's a wonder all on its own.

"He's here. You can come down and eat now." Spike says crossing the room to her.

He lays on a hand on her shoulder. She looks up at him with a smile and nods her head sluggishly as if it's a strain on her entire body.

"I understand. I'll be down in a second." She responds like her usual self but spoke softly.

"Alright. Don't strain yourself okay? If you need me, give me a call." Spike says looking out the window with her.

"You worry yourself too much Spike." Twilight says shaking her head slowly.

"That's because I love you."

"I know."

Spike chuckles, "Alright see you in a bit."

Spike walks out the door, down the stairs, and into the area where everyone else is in.


Spike sits beside Twilight as they feast upon the food that has been brought together. Fluttershy happily feeds Mr. Gibbles his favorite corn feed while everyone snacks away on more agreeable food. It's a beautiful environment and the atmosphere radiates happiness. Spike can't even believe how long it's been since he felt so elated like this. With the absence of Twilight, he hasn't been feeling like the same Dragon he usually is.

Now Spike feasts on gems while Twilight eats her favorite peach pie while watching the CMC and her child play with one another. If Twilight can say one thing for her child, its that she can sure catch on to things. She may be young, but her intelligence is no doubt showing. It makes her very proud.

"So how ya feelin Twilight!" Pinkie asks bouncing over.

"A lot better Pinkie. Though I can't wait till I can take this thing off my horn..." Twilight says pouting a bit making her and Spike chuckle.

"Well, now you get to feel how pegasi and earth ponies feel now." Spike says still chuckling while he picks out a bit of topaz from between his teeth.

"Not funny Spike..." Twilight says with a sad sigh.

"Oh it won't be that bad! Oh my gosh! We could throw Twilight uses her hooves party! That would be so amazing!" Pinkie says hopping ecstatically.

Twilight chuckles and the festivities continue. They give their thanks to Celestia and everyone in their lives. Even the Cutie Mark Crusaders take a moment to do such. But all things do not last. As night falls they all start leaving so that Twilight and her family can be left alone.

Spike lay on his back on the couch and Twilight finds herself laid on top of him. Her head sits lightly next to his on the couch enjoying the warmth and love he radiates. Spike strokes her back and mane while saying sweet things into her ear. They enjoy each other's company until a certain someone cries out letting them know she wants attention.

Twilight sighs, "I guess I better-"

"I'll go." Spike stays turning so she can lay on her side and he can get up, "Don't go anywhere."

"I won't." She replies giggling while cuddling her head the couch more.

Spike starts walking up the stairs and stops to look at Twilight's soft, fragile form once more. A smile spreads on his dragon muzzle and he continues on his path.

"Today has been a good day..." He mumbles to himself, "A good day indeed."

Author's Note:

Happy thanks giving everyone. Remember to enjoy the company of your loved ones and eat well!

Comments ( 5 )

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. I do have two questions. One, what is Trixie doing back in Ponyville? Two, what happened to Twilight?

5322476 Trixie is back because she heard her competition was in the hospital and wants to make amends for everything
Twilight. Well. Let's just say alicorns were never meant to have children

Comment posted by Magos Xenos Disathairne deleted Apr 5th, 2017

The story was good up untill the last few installments. In my opinion you really need to stop leaving so many holes in the story :applejackconfused:

Login or register to comment