• Published 23rd Nov 2014
  • 1,505 Views, 24 Comments

A Free Spirit in Ponyville - HalfAngelHuman



Free Spirit is not like other Changelings. He's a Half-breed Changeling. Exiled by the Empire, he was forced to find a new home, the kingdom of Equestria. But will he be accepted in a place that is on the high alert on Changelings?

  • ...
5
 24
 1,505

Knowing Is Half The Battle

“Thanks for the mail, Derpy!” the disguised Changeling said to the mailmare. The wall-eyed mare simply smiled as she flew up into the sky, colliding with a few other ponies on her way. Spirit walked back into his house, setting his mail down on the way in and dropping his disguise. It was a small, compact house, just the way he liked it. About one week had passed since he had arrived in Ponyville and within that week, he had already met majority of the citizens of the town. Because nopony knew much about Fluttershy and her family, it didn’t take much to convince everypony that they were cousins. Well....everypony but Pinkie Pie that is. "She wasn’t fooled for a second," Spirit remembered. He could still feel her face pressed up against his, her eyes that shared a likeness to Fluttershy drilling into his. “The lengths she’ll go to get the truth…”

~Four Days Earlier~

“Fluttershy, the bathroom is yours now." the young Changeling told, drying himself off with a towel as he entered the bedroom. “Fluttershy?” He repeated. “I’m downstairs, Spirit.” she answered. Going down to the first floor, he was greeted with the sight of not only Fluttershy, but Pinkie Pie as well. “P-Pinkie?! What are you doing here!?” Spirit exclaimed. “I came here to visit. I could tell you were different Spiry, but I had no idea you were a Changeling.” Pinkie said, somewhat shocked. “Changeling?” he repeated, looking down only to see his black holey exoskeleton. “Crap! I’ve been living with Fluttershy for so long, I never feel the need to disguise myself in her house!” He screamed internally.

“Ya know, under the Royal Sister orders, it’s against the law for Changelings to be in Equestria.” Pinkie said, looking very serious. “It’s also illegal to harbor Changelings. Right, Fluttershy?” she said, turning to the butterscotch mare. Fluttershy looked away.

“Pinkie,” Spirit said, regaining her attention. “You’re not gonna tell, are you?” He asked, fear rising in his eyes. “Spiry,” Pinkie replied, getting up and walking towards him. “Of course I’m not. What kind of friend would I be if I did that?” The cotton candy mare said with a smile. “Just promise me two things, okay?”

“Okay?”

“One: don’t get caught, okay? And number two: please don’t hurt anypony.”

"Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.” Spirit promised, making the hoof gestures. As soon as he finished, Pinkie wrapped him in a tight, bone-crushing embrace. “Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you! I’m so glad you promised, Spiry! Oh, I know! I’ll throw a 'I befriended a Changeling' party!" She squealed, the hug getting tighter with each sentence.

“P-Pinkie...I’m really happy for you...gasp...and I’mma let you finish … hrrk … but … I … can’t … breath!” Spirit strained out, his face turning darker than usual.

“Huh? Oh, sorry.” She apologized, releasing him. Spirit immediately dropped to the floor, gasping for air like a land washed fish. “Oh man,” He moaned, his face returning to normal. “My life flashed before my eyes.” “Really? How was it?” Pinkie asked innocently, extending a hoof to him. Spirit stared at her for a moment. “...It could have been better .” He said sheepishly.

“What do you mean?” Pinkie said, confused. “I’ll explain later.” Fluttershy said.

“Well, I gotta go. I have to set up your party! Later Spiry, Fluttershy!” Pinkie yelled as ran out the door of the cottage.”

“Well...that happened.” Free Spirit said, bemused. Realization kicked in.

“Fluttershy?”

“Hm?”

“Did...did I just get blackmailed?”

Done with his musings on the past, Spirit decided check his mail. “Lets see...junk...junk....burn later...junk...I’m only fourteen...junk...huh? A letter?” He muttered as he tore it open.

Dear Spirit,

I know you’ve been through a lot, so I decided to get something nice for you. Inside the letter, there should be a coupon for the Ponyville Spa and a bag of bits for you to spend. Have fun on your day off, Spirit.

Love, Fluttershy.

Spirit smiled at the friendly gesture as he checked the package the letter came in. The letter did not lie; inside the package was a coupon and the bit-bag. Spirit checked the bag to see how much she gave to him. “50 bits!? Wow Fluttershy, where in Equestria did you get all this money from?” He wondered. “You really didn’t need to do this,” He muttered. “...But I guess it would be impolite to reject her offer!” Spirit smirked. His glowed in its signature green color, turning him into his ponysona. “Alright, let’s go!” He cheered as he marched towards the door, the items floating next to his head..

Feed.

Spirit stopped right in front of the door. “W-who’s there!?” Spirit said, turning around to face the intruder. Nopony was there. “Man, I must be hearing things. I guess I do need to relax.” He laughed nervously, opening the door and greeting the outside world.

~At the ToolShed~

Welcome to Aloe & Lotus Miracle Massage Spa: relieve yourself of your money and we’ll relieve you of all tension. Well, that’s a tagline I’ve never seen before.” Spirit said, reading the building’s sign as he walked in. At the sound of the door opening, two mares immediately rushed towards him. “Hello and welcome to Aloe & Lotus Miracle Massage!” The two mares greeted in unison. “I’m Aloe.” The bright pink mare said. “And I’m Lotus Blossom,” The cerulean pony said with a small smile. “And if I might add: my, my, has anypony ever told you how cute you are?” Lotus asked, winking at him.

“C-cute!? No, I’m not cute.” Spirit rejected, his face turning scarlet. “Believe me ma’am,” He thought. “If you knew what I truly was, I would be anything but cute.”

“Aw, now you’re blushing! That’s even cuter!” Lotus gushed. “Lotus! Stop flirting with the customer.” Aloe scolded, bopping her on the nose. “Owww. But, Aloe…”

“Please forgive my little sister.” Aloe apologized.

“It-it’s alright, really.”

“So, shall we begin?” Aloe asked.

“Huh?”

“Miss Fluttershy came here a few hours and told us she was making an appointment for a orange unicorn named Free Spirit. I presume that is you?” Spirit nodded. “Please follow us.” Aloe said formally, moving towards the back of the spa, with Lotus in tow.

Feed.

Spirit stopped. “That voice, there it is again. Where is it coming from?” He pondered.

“Spirit? Are you coming?” Lotus said.

“Huh? Oh yeah, I’m coming.”

~~~~~~~

“Please lie down on the table.” the mares said in unison. Spirit complied as he laid backside up on the table.

“Like this?”

“Yes,” Lotus confirmed. “Now, just relax.”They said as the laid their hooves on his back and proceeded to work. Spirit moaned in pleasure as they worked their magic. It was like his body was dough and they were the bakers, sculpting and molding his body as they saw fit. “You are enjoying it, no?” Lotus asked.

“This is amazing.” He sighed as they began to work on his upper body.

“You are so tense.” Aloe said.

“And your muscles are impressive.”

Lotus.”

“Sorry.”

“I’m in Heaven.” Spirit sighed, closing his eyes. It felt like he was melting away.

Feed!

The massaging slowly stopped.

“Huh? Is something wrong?” Spirit asked, confused.

“Your hoof.” Aloe said, eyes wide.

“And your face.” Lotus said, her expression the same as her sister.

“My hoof?” Spirit repeated, looking down at the orange hoof. Only that it black instead of orange. It had started to revert back to normal. “No…” He gasped as he reached for his face. His hoof dragged across his fang. “No…that’s not suppose to be there!” He looked at Aloe and Lotus, his face a mixture of shock and fear. “I, I have to go!” He exclaimed, dashing past them.

“Stop. Right. There.” Aloe commanded. “One more step towards the door and we’ll scream.” Spirit stopped, his mind racing. He considered ignoring her threat and just keep running, but he had seen members of the Royal Guard roaming the streets on his way to the spa. 'And with Order 66 in effect…' Spirit closed his eyes, imagining the scenario of what would happen in his mind. He sat down. “Okay, you win.”

“Lotus, lock the door.” Aloe ordered. Lotus did as she was told while Aloe checked to see if the windows were shut. A few seconds later, they both stood in front of the exposed Changeling. “Would you look at that, we’ve found a Changeling.” Aloe said, slightly amused.

“Please, don’t tell anypony you saw me like this.” Spirit begged.

“Give us one good reason why we shouldn’t tell the Royal Guard we found a Changeling within the borders of Equestria.”

“Because if they arrest me, I’ll die.” Spirit answered.

“You’ll only die if you resist arrest. You're not the first Changeling found in Equestria after the new law was announced.”

“No, I mean if they find me and arrest me, they’ll most likely send me back to the Changeling Empire. If the Empire catches wind that I came back, they’re gonna kill me!”

“And how is that any different if the Royal Guard gets you?” Lotus asked.

“You’ve never seen how a Changeling executes a prisoner. I have. Hell, I was forced to do the deed once. It’s awful. It takes hours to get them to stop screaming.”

“The prisoners?”

“No.”

“Oh, Luna.” Lotus paled.

“So, you see, staying here is the lesser of two evils. I’d rather take a magic bolt through the head than be killed by another Changeling.” He swore. “So please, don’t tell.”

“...”

“Sis…” Lotus said.

“...Get back on the table.”

“Huh?” Spirit and Lotus said.

“I’ve made my decision. I’m won’t tell the Guard. So get back on the table. You’re a paying customer and you should be treated as such.”

“T-thank you.” Spirit said as he repaired his disguise.

“Drop it.” Aloe said.

“What?”

“The disguise. We’ve already see what you truly look like, so there is no need to put it back on.” She assured.

“Oh, okay.” He said, climbing back onto the table. Aloe and Lotus trotted towards the table.

“So,” Lotus said. “Ready for round two?”

~~~~~~~

“Thanks for the massage Aloe, Lotus!” Spirit said to the two spa ponies. “I feel so floaty and free!”

“It was our pleasure, Spirit.” Lotus said.

“Hey, about what happened in the backroom…” Spirit asked, turning to Aloe.

“It stays in the backroom. It’ll be our little secret, okay?” She said, smiling.

“So, how much will that cost me?” Spirit asked, bringing out the bit-bag.

“Keep your bits.” Aloe said.

“But-”

“It’s the least we could do.” Lotus agreed.

“I really don’t mind paying-”

“If what Fluttershy said is true, then today is your day off, no? So, that massage was for free, okay? Go spend your money as you please.” Aloe interrupted.

“If you say so. Well, I gotta go.” he said, walking towards the door while transforming.

“Take care.” the mares said in unison as he walked out the door.

“So, do you still find him cute Lotus?” Aloe asked.

“Oh definitely.”

~~~~~~~

“Well, that’s one way to start a morning. One way I don’t want to happen again.” Spirit prayed (Author’s note: HAHAHAHAHA! Ah, we’ll see). “Something’s still bothering me though, where is that voice that keeps saying 'Feed' coming from? And why did I suddenly start reverting back to normal. It wasn’t fatigue, I know that for sure. What’s in the Creator’s name is going on with me-” His pondering cut off as he crashed into another pony.

“Owww. That hurt.” Spirit groaned, pressing his orange hoof against his muzzle.

“Ouch. Why don’t you watch where you’re going, ya joker.” The mare he bumped into hissed, glaring at him as she got up. “Huh? No way...Spirit is that you?”

“What? How do you know my name?” Spirit asked, standing up.

“You mean you don’t recognize me?” the mare retorted.

“Wait,” Spirit said, getting a better look at the mare. “Kalinka!? Is that you!?”