• Published 22nd Nov 2014
  • 2,085 Views, 72 Comments

Run - MonkeyNinja



Jackson struggles to protect his sister in the land of Equestria. A slightly more realistic take on the Human in Equestria Story Concept.

  • ...
19
 72
 2,085

Truth

"Are you comfortable?" Twilight asked from the chair opposite me. I shifted in the tiny wooden seat.

"Uh, it's a little short," I grunted, unable to get comfortable, "You wouldn't happen to have something bigger by any chance?".

"I've got it!" Pinkie shouted, hopping over and kicking the chair out from under me. I tried to brace for impact, before I found myself falling into a very squishy beanbag chair.

"Thanks Pinkie, "I said, my voice muffled by the walls of cushion that had begun closing in on me, "Hey, where did you get this from anyway?". As far as I could see, there hadn't been a beanbag chair in the room a second ago. Twilight shook her head at me, as if to say, "Don't ask".

The area we were situated in felt almost like a lounge. Comfortable looking chairs sat in a semicircle around me, each one occupied with a brightly colored equine. Spike stood at the ready beside Twilight, scribbling down something on a scroll. After a few seconds, he rolled it up and exhaled, sending it away in a flurry of green smoke.

"What was that?" I asked awkwardly, "The letter to the princess?". She had already told me what it was. Honestly, I was just trying to break up the silence that had settled over us. Twilight simply nodded.

"I'm just letting Celestia know we have the situation under control," she said, more to herself than anything I think, "She sounded so nervous in her letter... She always keeps such a level head...". Twilight turned to me. "Let's just hope she was wrong". With a small flash, a quill and clipboard were suddenly floating at her side. "Now, where should we begin?" She asked, jotting down something at the top of the page. I took a deep breath.

"I guess we could start with this," I said extending my arm towards the little dragon.

I still didn’t know how in hell I’d gotten here, but I did know one thing. Wherever I was, I’d seen it many times before. The creatures before me had danced on the television more times than I could count, and now that they were here, something had changed. Slowly, ever so slowly, memories of the characters before me floated up to the forefront of my mind. I began to remember a few things from the show. Those element things... and... what else could I think of...

"Spike, Twilight hatched you the day she got her cutie mark." The look on his face was priceless. 'Damn... which one did he have a crush on again?'. It took me a second to remember that was the white one. To finish it off I shifted my gaze between him and Rarity as subtly as I could, and raised an eyebrow at him. Spike's jaw literally dropped. Next, I pointed to the alicorn.

"Twilight Sparkle, you were recently crowned princess and you were the bearer of the Element of Magic."

"Both interesting and Impressive!" She said, much like a teacher to an A+ student, "Please go on". I smiled, shifting my eyes toward the cyan pony.

"Rainbow Dash, you are the fastest flyer in Equestria." She puffed her chest out proudly, obviously accepting the complement. "you were the bearer of the element of Loyalty, and you can do a...". 'Crap, what was it called?', "a sonic rain-bomb?"

"Rainboom. But that's close enough for me!"

Next, I looked to over to AJ.
"Applejack: Element of honesty, hardest working pony in town, and you live with your family on a farm. Oh! And their names all have something to do with apples."

"Land sakes, sugarcube!" AJ exclaimed once I had finished, "Ah' mean... I don' wanna boast, but that was spot on!". Pinkie started bouncing up and down in her seat.

"Do me! Do me!" She squealed, bounding higher and higher; way higher than should've been possible. I smiled.

"Pinkie Pie, you're the Element of Laughter and you love to throw parties and make ponies smile". She gave a whoop, and fell down onto her chair with a thud.

"See?" She said with a giggle, "I told you guys he was a psychic alien!". I sighed, and pointed to the next pony in the lineup.

"Rarity, you were the bearer of the element of Generosity, and you are a very talented designer and dressmaker." Rarity blushed, and made a show of swooning.

"Why, that's exactly correct!" She said with a purr, "You haven't been secretly watching me, have you darling?". I heard a soft growl to my left, telling me it was time to move on to the next pony. I made sure not to point this time, to try and make her feel a little less uncomfortable.

"And lastly, Fluttershy" I said with a reassuring smile. At least... I hoped it was reassuring and not something like, 'Scary alien wants to eat tasty pony for dinner'. That would've been a very bad thing. "Fluttershy, your special talent is the ability to communicate with animals, and you were the bearer of the Element of kindness". By the time I had stopped, Fluttershy had practically buried herself into her chair, her yellow coat turning a shade of scarlet.

I let out a breath of relief, allowing myself to sink deeper into the beanbag chair.

A few moments passed without anyone making a sound. After a minute or so of silence, Rainbow Dash spoke up.

"So... Jack. Wanna tell me how in the hey you know so much about us?". I opened my mouth to speak, but I was silenced by Twilight's outstretched hoof. Somehow, she had already filled two full pages with notes.

"We can get to that later," she said, flipping the paper, "First, I want to know exactly how you got here". I scratched my head.

"Like I said, it's kind of a long story, and I don't understand most of it myself really..." Twilight gave me a look.

"Begin at the beginning," she said with a smirk, "go on until you've reached the end, then stop".

I took a few deep breaths before speaking.

"Well, it all started last night," I said, getting comfortable, "I was lying on my bed, messing around with my phone, when things around me started getting weird". They all gave me a confused look.

"What's a phone?" Twilight asked. I groaned, dropping my head in my hands. This was going to take a while...


"... So they connect with wireless beams of data, transmitted via large electrical terminals?" Twilight asked for the third time. It was beginning to get on my nerves.

"Yes," I groaned in exasperation, "for the hundredth time, we use electricity"

"But why not just use magic? It works much better. Electricity is so hazardous and impractical-"

"Because WE aren't magic purple unicorns!" I blurted. The damn pony just wouldn't accept that fact! "We don't have magic Twilight. We just... don't".

Spike suddenly gagged like he was about to throw up, then a loud burp filled the room. Twilight quickly snagged the resulting scroll and gave it a look over. Whatever it said seemed to worry her a good deal.

She scratched her head and made a note.

"Twilight, am I ever going to get to the part about how I got here, or are we just going to talk about phones all day?" I said in exasperation. The violet alicorn blinked and looked up.

"Oh... Sorry! It was just so intriguing! Just imagining communicating with anypony in Equestria at the press of a button... Anyway, where were we?". I took a deep breath and started over from the beginning.

"I was looking for something to do then, by no fault of my own, I ended up locked in the closet. Then, the flashes started".

Twilight nodded.

"You mentioned that. What exactly did these flashes look like?" She said with curiosity.

"You know... Bright... White... Just a flash. Why?".

Did it look anything like this?" She asked, horn glowing. An enormous flash illuminated the area behind me, effectively throwing Rainbow Dash off her seat.

"I'm awake!" She shouted, scrambling back onto her chair, "I was just resting my eyes!". I looked over at Twilight in awe.

"It looked exactly like that...".

"Please continue with your story", she said, flipping to page forty-something of her notes.

"Well, after I got out a few minutes later, hours had passed, like I'd time traveled or something". This drew a look of concern on Twilight's muzzle.

"You say you don't have magic," She mused, "yet you believe you could've time traveled?". She turned toward me, "You're positive you didn't misread the time? Absolutely certain?". I nodded. The alicorn frowned in thought. "In that case," she grumbled, a strange cold glaze washing over her eyes, "something magical must've gotten into your world first."


With a prompt from Twilight, I went on to describe how I was kidnapped, nearly killed in a forest, and stabbed by a monster.

Once I had finished, Twilight had gone completely silent. Her face seemed tired, worn even. A mixture of fear and stress noticeably aged her features to that of a much older mare.

"Proof..." Came her hollow voice through the silence, "do you have proof?". I was ready to say no, when I shifted in my seat sending another stab of pain up my arm. Twilight noticed my grimace and lowered her gaze to my arm. At last, she noticed the crimson streak running down the length of the fabric.

"Celestia's mercy!" She exclaimed, perking back to her usual demeanor, "I completely forgot! Let me see!". Carefully, I eased the sleeve over the deep bloody gash for all to see. Gasps of horror could be heard from all present.

"Your story..." Twilight said, her eyes clearing, "It's all true isn't it?". I nodded and she collapsed at my feet.

"I'm so sorry for what happened... Please continue with your story Jack, then we can get that arm fixed". I took one more deep breath, and continued.

"Well, after I was stabbed, the thing yelled something, the sky opened up, and then I heard-".

My heart stopped.

'Oh no...'

I was breathing too fast. I had to stop. The room began spinning.

"Jack? Are y'all right?" AJ asked, "Ya don't look it".

I didn't hear her. Everything started to blur.

Emily... I... Forgot... How could I forget?!

"JACK!" Twilight shouted, snapping me out of it, "Relax! Whatever it is it'll be ok!"

"No it won't!" I snapped, "It's not ok! My sister's out there! She could be hurt! She could be-"

"Emily."

I my heart froze once more. Slowly, I turned to the purple mare.

"What did you just say?"

"Emily," Twilight repeated, reading off the scroll that had arrived minutes ago, "Emily Virginia Snow. Is that your sister's name?". I nodded, fearing the worst.

"It's alright Jack. I can absolutely promise you, she is in good hooves". I wanted to melt with happiness. Tears of relief spilled from my eyes, as I collapsed into the chair. It took all of my remaining strength just say "Thank you" between sobs.

I turned and was met with Twilight's smiling face.

"It's going to be alright," she comforted, "Now let's go get you cleaned up".


-

Author's Note:

EDIT: Fixed bipolar-ness with Twilight