• Published 22nd Nov 2014
  • 2,085 Views, 72 Comments

Run - MonkeyNinja



Jackson struggles to protect his sister in the land of Equestria. A slightly more realistic take on the Human in Equestria Story Concept.

  • ...
19
 72
 2,085

What have I done?

"Emily! EMILY!!!" I shouted, hurling myself at the shimmering barrier that divided me from my helpless sister. It was no use. The column of darkness slowly descended inside the cylinder of magic that surrounded her.

I threw myself once more at the wall with all of my might, and heard a 'pop'. A stab of pain shot through my shoulder and I collapsed to the ground. Emily pressed her little hands against the glass-like surface, to match mine. Her big blue eyes, shimmering with tears, locked with mine as the darkness enveloped her. Then, I was forced to watch in utter horror, as the last thing I cared about in the world was stolen from me.

Her terror-stricken eyes shrunk down to pinpricks and the tears stopped. Her mouth, quivering at the corners became still, and at length, twitched, cracked, and finally split into a manic grin the likes of which would've horrified anyone in sight, including myself.

Then came the laughing. The awful, dreadful, malevolent cackling emanating from the person I had always known to be so innocent. My sister's clothes began to ripple, as if blown by a strong wind spiraling around her being. She began to rise off of the ground, and into the sky.

What had I done? This was all my fault! I had caused all of this.

My sister didn't deserve this! No one did! Her body had been taken. Possessed by that... THING, and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

I looked around at the rubble where the others lay scattered, unconscious from the blast. How I remained awake I had no idea, but honestly, I would’ve rather been knocked out than witness this horror.

The sky grew dark, and a low thunder permeated the air, like the deep, hungry growl of a lion stalking his next meal.
My sister screamed at the top of her lungs, but it was not a cry of fear, rather one of utmost glee. It was the cackle of a monster set on destroying everything in its path for nothing more than pure satisfaction.

How had all of this come to pass? What had I done to cause such a terrible thing to befall my sister?

Author's Note:

(EDIT: Ok, that's a little bit better for an intro if I do say so myself!)