• Published 20th Nov 2014
  • 349 Views, 7 Comments

FlutterBack - Cute_Comfort



Fluttershy is being chased by a monster and thinks back about her life.

  • ...
 7
 349

Chapter 3

I blink and suddenly I am back in the cave with the beast right outside. I craved to be with Angel, Rainbow Dash, and Nurse Redheart back in that hospital bed like in my thoughts. I was safe there. I was always safe there. I heard a crunching outside the opening and prayed that my location wasn’t revealed. I held my breath and hoped it went away. After a few minutes, I peeped out over a rock and found the chimera not 20 yards from me. I almost shrieked, but caught myself just in time. Slowly, I crept backwards. Flying up so I didn’t make a sound, I glanced at the cave ceiling. Right away, I saw a small hole just big enough for me to squeeze through. I didn’t want to go up, but the chimera started to turn its goat head my way. I zipped up into the gap and found a small room with rocks scattered about. Quickly, I strained a large rock over the hole, and I got settled down. Suddenly, the room went white.


I was laying in my hospital bed. I wasn't allowed to leave due to my mom not being 'qualified' to look after me and my daddy being one of the night’s stars. Rainbow Dash walked in with an hyper, pink earth pony about our age bouncing behind her.

“Hey,” Rainbow said. “I thought you should meet the pony who decorated your room for you. Meet Pinkamena Diane Pie.”

“You can just call me Pinkie Pie!” Pinkie said. “My special talent is PARTIES! I want to be your friend because I have this strange feeling that we’re going to be the bestest of best friends andthenwe'llhelpaunicornnamedTwilightwho’sthepersonalstudentofPrincessCelestiaandhelpherfindsomestrangeidemscalledtheElementsofHarmonythatwillhelpussaveEquestriathenbecomebestfriendswithherandhelpheronadventuresandthenwewillsaveequestriamanymanytimesfromvilliansthenshe’llbecomeanalicornprincessbecauseshehelpedus![GASP]” She grinned and said, “Or something like that!..... OOOH! is that a bunny!?" She said the last bit as she peered through the bars of Angel's kitty carrier.

“I don’t question it,” Rainbow hissed into my ear. “It makes my brain hurt.” I decided to take her advice and let this filly just be crazy. "I also have met a white unicorn filly and orange earth filly while you've been in here. I might bring them next week," Rainbow Dash said. "I have never spend so much time walking before! My hooves are starting to hurt!"

"Well, get used to it," I giggled. "Nurse Redheart says I'm not leaving until they can find me an orphanage to live in."

"NO!" screamed Pinkie Pie. "You are not living in one of those dirty, dirty homes. You will live with me and Mr. and Mrs. Cake!"

"Why do you call your parents Mr. and Mrs.?" inquired Rainbow.

"I don't, silly! Mr. Cake and Mrs. Cake are my parents friend and they're letting me live in their upstairs room because I belong NOWHERE on a rock farm!" Pinkie replied with her now almost famous mile-wide grin.

"Um... are you sure they won't mind then? I-I don't want to disturb you," I sighed.

"OF COURSE THEY WON'T! They are very VERY nice to little ponies and will make great parents one day! It would be weird though, if they had two and one was a unicorn and the other a pegasus."

"Sorry, what was that?" I strained.

"Whoops! I was just mumbling for the humans watching out there!" Pinkie grinned and turned to the wall on my right and waved with her whole foreleg. "HIIIIII!"

"Okayyyyyyy," Rainbow and I said in sync. Pinkie was still waving when Rainbow left.

"Um... Pinkie y-you have to leave now. Visiting hours are over." I whispered, now kinda creeped out.

"But, they didn't wave back!" Pinkie replied with tears welling up in her eyes and her mane almost deflated in a way.

"Well, you can come back tomorrow, Pinkie"

"No, they won't be watching you then!" Then she started bawling and her mane made the same sound as a deflating balloon and it fell flat.

"Well, how about you come back next time they 'watch me'?"

"Oh, okie dokie lokie!" Pinkie chirped, all the texture returning to her mane. She turned back to the wall and yelled, "BYE!! See you next chapter!" She then went to the door and bounded away. I turned to Angel.

"That is one unique filly," I sighed. Angel just shrugged and curled up on his bed. "Yeah, good night to you, too." I fell asleep whispering the lullaby my mom always sang to me.

Hush now,
Quiet now,
It's time to lay your sleepy head.
Hush now,

Quiet now,

It's time to go to bed.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment