• Published 20th Dec 2014
  • 440 Views, 6 Comments

Adventures in Time and Space - Timesmashaperil



Time Turner is not a normal pony. After a crash-landing in Equestria, it's up to him to save the world.

  • ...
4
 6
 440

Magic is Friendship- Part 3

The strange ship groaned and wheezed as it vanished from the streets of Ponyville. Well, the present-day streets of Ponyville. Inside the ship, Time Turner was flicking switches, pressing buttons, and tapping the console with a mallet.

"What is this?" Asked Lyra, still trying to understand the strange machine.

"It's my STARDA." Replied Turner, still messing about with the console.

"What?"

"STARDA. Space, Time, And Relative Dimensional Augmenter."

"I still don't get it."

"It mucks about with the fabric of the universe so I can get places faster." He nonchalantly said, walking towards the doors.

"Oh. That makes sense. Is that supposed to make sense?" She was still quite unsure about what was going on, but the explanations weren't helping very much.

"No, it's terribly irresponsible, but that's besides the point. Come look." With a clap of his hooves, the doors opened. Outside was Equestria, 10,000 years ago.

"What the..." Lyra looked outside. The STARDA was hovering above a small village. "Who's that?" She pointed to a unicorn talking to another pony. The unicorn was wearing a blue robe and a blue hat. The hat had bells on it, and both the hat and the robe had star and moon patterns on it. The pony he was talking to was wearing a strange piece of headgear, and was wearing a red robe.

"That," said Turner, pointing to the unicorn, "is Star Swirl the Bearded. And the pony he is talking to is Ra-Omega, the founder of time pony society."

"Time pony?"

"Yes. Another species of pony. Time ponies, similarly to pegasai, with weather magic, earth ponies, with farming magic, and unicorns, with space magic, contain magic of their own. They contain time magic. Because of this, they can live for very long periods of time."

"What are they talking about?"

"The creation of the Tree of Harmony."

"What?"

"The Tree of Harmony was one of the Artefacts. When your world- sorry, Equestria began to grow, the time ponies made contact and created a short-lived alliance. The Tree of Harmony was one of the large co-operational projects. By putting their magic together, they attempted to create a harmony of magic to bring peace."

"You said short-lived. Why was that? Why were we never told of these events?"

Turner ran to the console and flipped a switch. "This is why." The STARDA began to travel forwards in time. "Eventually, Ra-Omega is corrupted by chaos, and attempts to steal the power of the tree. He shattered its power into seven elements, and tried to use them against-" He was cut off by Lyra.

"Seven?"

"What do you mean by 'seven'? I was in the middle of my clever speech!"

"There are only six. Six Elements of Harmony."

"'Elements of Harmony'? Hm. That has a nice ring to it. Can I continue the story?"

"Yes."

"Ok, so, quick recap. Everypony's got magic, Star Swirl and Ra-Omega become buddies, and take up gardening. Ra gets all evil and stuff, and here we are now. So, Ra tries to attack Mr. Swirl, but he reclaims six of the Elements, as you call them. His six outpower Ra's one, and with the large amount of time magic Swirl learned from Ra himself, he banishes him back to the planet of the time ponies, Gallopfrey."

"The time ponies have their own PLANET!?"

"No, they live just across the street. Of course they have their own planet. Why do you think they've never shown up again?"

"Point taken."

"After Mr. Swirl sends Ra away, he uses more of the time magic he learned to erase these events from known history. The time ponies are forgotten about, and both societies break all connections between each other. I can't believe I didn't realize where I was once you said Equestria. I was probably thinking about picnic spots during history class. Oh well, time to save the planet!"

"I thought you said that all connections between the time ponies and Equestria were broken! Isn't what you're doing against the rules?"

"Of course it's against the rules! But I'm terribly irresponsible, so there's no time to lose!" He flicked a switch on the console. "Avante!" The STARDA disappeared from the past in another gust of wind.

Author's Note:

How do you think Mr. Swirl got those time spells?