• Published 25th Apr 2012
  • 874 Views, 6 Comments

Fallout: Newfire - TheDoctor



After a bitter war equestria is in runes and those left learn to fight and survive in this world.

  • ...
 6
 874

chapter 4

Chapter 4

: outside The Burning City

:Unknown







A crow screeches as it picks over the dead bodies only to be scared off by a scavenger, as he picks through the bodies he runs across ransoms bodies, he rolls it over and to his shock it is still breathing. "Hey boss we have got a live one over here!"
Another, much larger pony walks over to the scavenger and says to him, "Is he hurt?" The scavenger shakes his head,"No sir he was just smacked in the head, he should be right as rain soon!" The larger of the colts nods and says."Well than get him out of the way, don't want any new slaves running off do we?".




As Ransoms head clears he hears the two ponies argue over a gun that was found, It does not take long for ransom to figure that the two are slavers. He feels around on the ground for any kind of weapon, soon he runs his hoof across the butt of a gun, he slowly pulls it closer himself and waits for one of the two to get close enough to grab him. It is not to long tell the smaller of the two walks over to ransom to see if he was awake yet, as he gets within a few feet of ransom he rolls over pointing the gun at the scavengers head yelling." Don't you dare move!" The scavenger is shocked but does not move at all.
Ransom slowly gets up keeping the gun pined on the scavengers head." Ok now you two are going to walk out of here and leave this city alone, you hear me?"
The larger of the two scavengers smiles some and looks at ransom." You mean that city." He says as he points to the blazing pile of ash that was once The Burning City...
Ransom is sicked, how could anypony kill so many. Before he even knows what he is doing he is yelling at the two."Get on your knees, NOW!" The two do not need much more promoting and get on there knees." Ok tell me who did this or i will blow your heads off!" The smaller of the two is the first to speak." They were just a group or raiders, nothing special about them!" Than the larger of the two speaks up." No there was something about them, you see we traded with that group last week, they bought a lot of stuff saying they were working on something, but i did not ask, Thats all we know sir!"
Ransom frowns."SO you sold them the weapons that were used here to kill everypony that lays dead around you..." He sighs deeply than shoots the larger of the two in the back of the skull. The smaller one cry out to ransom. "No please... I did not know, i just started traveling with this guy, just let me go!"
Ransom lets out a sigh and says."Fine, But when i let you go you better run, and if i ever see you again you will end up like your friend here!"
The pony nods and than stands up slowly. "Run!" Ransom yells. The pony does not need to be told twice, he darts off leaving everything behind.



Ransom looks through the bodies, among them he finds Thunderhooves, the lady who he spoke to just before he found Mel and meany others who he called friend. After some time of looking he found Mels body, with tears flowing from his eyes he sobs over her lifeless body stroking her mane." Oh god Mel... "
After some time he wraps to body in some cloth he found in the runes of one of the stores and begins to walk back to his farmhouse...




As the sun once again begins to rise over the once grand world. Ransom looks up as he fills in the last of the hole that now stands a his best friends grave.He chokes back tears as he goes inside and slams the door.
He looks around the house and begins to fill a bag, he fills it with cans of food, water bottles, first aid kits. Than he grabs his fathers laser rifle off the wall and loads a battier into it. He walks outside and fires off a shot into the sky to see if it is still working, after a shooting at a few rocks he get the just of the aiming and goes back inside. After packing up what he needs for a hour or so he sets down on the mat that serves him as a bed and calls his robot Tobin to him, as the robot shows up he says."Tobin, your plasma launcher still works right?" The robot replies." That is correct sir!" Ransom smiles some." Good, It will be nice to have another gun when we leave..." The robot does not respond and just stays where it is, Soon ransom falls asleep for what will be the last time in his childhood home....

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment