• Published 14th Nov 2014
  • 301 Views, 1 Comments

To The Stars - Pogosticksforbreakfast



A pony goes into space by order of Princess Celestia. Crossover with the game Starbound.

  • ...
 1
 301

III- What If...

The sky.

I found myself looking at the sky. Thoughts ran through my head. Would I ever get to see my mom and dad agin? What about my brother? Would I ever get to take a gentle stroll through Ponyville square, the smooth stone beneath my hooves, the gentle breeze of a mild Summer day blowing through my unkept mane, the sweet aroma of cupcakes floating in the air, made but a hint of a sugary smell by the expanse of land between the square and the gingerbread house-like structure comprising the town's bakery and sweet shop, hosting both bread and cupcakes, muffins and peppermint candies, potent enough you could taste it almost, the beautiful and masterful playing of the lute from Lyra combining with gentle conversation from nearby cafés.

It wasn't perfect, but it was sure home.

Dear Celestia I missed that place. I felt very heavy hearted from the emotion. I packed up my things and warped to my ship. I broke down, an optimist turned into a glass-half-empty pony. Tears welled from my eyes, nostalgic for home. Something, anything, would cheer me up. I stared out the window emptily, intending to and not knowing what I was doing. I picked up a photo of my family and me from my shelf, hugging it so tightly my forelegs might as well have been glued to the picture. A stray tear landed on the smooth glass. When I was done breaking down, I layed down on my bed, thinking how lucky I was to have run out of fuel over a planet with abundant resources. I lay, my tired head lying against the pillow.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment