• Published 29th Oct 2014
  • 1,085 Views, 15 Comments

Goodnight Fluttershy - BlindBlossom



Fluttershy has recently passed away and Discord is unsure with how to cope with loss.

  • ...
3
 15
 1,085

Chapter 2

Celestia found herself wandering around her garden, the flowers were a brighter colour than usual and the smells were surprisingly rather dull. The statues that are normally there not only for decoration but to teach the young fillies about what the good and bad ponies before them had done.

But the statues were dancing, hugging, apologising and performing other peacefull gestures and yet, a statue in the corner had her attention, it was huddled up and it had a very unstable structure as cracks were evident on its back. Celestia was tempted to move to it but one step towards it made it go further away. The other statues seemed much brighter and seemingly wanting her attention but her fascination was to the one at the back. Many ponies had said in Celetia's life span that she was good at finding ponies inner conflicts.

Celestia then saw a small pony figure, blackened by the shadows, yet it had no bad aura. In fact it was so pure and mysterious that Celestia couldn't help but wonder as to whom it was. But it strange as she watched this figure move towards the saddened statue, the other statues offered plenty wonderful gifts but the figure walked through them, no hesitation.

When it had got to the statue and put a hoof out towards it, it had looked at it in possible shock, then anger. Within seconds the figure was nothing more than dust a strange dream indeed.

Luna appeared from the moon, and landed near her sister.

"Strangest dream you've had yet sister" Luna commented, whilst casting a glance at her sister.

"Perhaps it is what the world will become? another peak into the future?" Celestia said, also glancing at her sister.

Then candles came from no where and danced in a formal fashion, violins were playing in mid air everything was peaceful again and it was almost romantic, however before the sisters could say anything the world started spinning and Luna took her leave.

"Your waking up come talk to me once your awake" Luna yelled before Celestia shot up in her bed.

She was breathing heavily, until she calmed herself and her breathing.

A knocking could then be heard.

"Just a moment" Celestia said.

She sighed and got to her hooves and used her magic to pull in her royal trinkets and look like her, majestic self upon getting to the door, she heard the pony humming, she chuckled knowing this humming and once again she used her magic to open the door.

"Princess Celestia" Twilight bowed with respect.

"Oh, Twilight you should know that you don't have to be so formal around me" Celestia lightly chuckled.

Twilight stood upright and looked at her former teacher in the eye,

"Did you get my letter? I thought you hadn't when I did not recieve a reply"

"I did" Celestia said, "Unfortunately due to the increase of ponies wanting to request something of me, I have not had much time to rest"

Twilight felt sympathy towards her, since Ponyville only has a few hundred ponies in it, not like Canterlot.

"Shall we head for Luna's room?" Celestia suggested, "After all I must see her as soon as"

Twilight nodded, "Okay"

They both trotted through the vast corridors and staircases until they reached a part of the castle that was much darker than the rest, whilst doing so the two caught up on recent events and had a few laughs when they had arrived Celestia said,

"Sister are you here?"

Luna opened it and said, "Come in sister... Twilight? what are you doing here?"

Twilight was shook from her awe and trotted over to the door.

"Oh I um..."

"Its alright just come in" Luna said.

Celestia turned her head and saw Twilight, she indicated that she come in and she did.

"Your dream sister is nothing to ignore" Luna said, as she moved over to a desk.

It was almost impossible to see her, due to the room being so dark. Though she soon lit a few candles which helped brighten the room.

Celestia sat at a chair that was placed near the desk, Twilight trotted over and stood next to her.

Luna turned her head and chair, to face the two.

"I'm sorry Twilight but I don't have anymore chairs in this room" Luna said sheepishly, "As you can guess I don't have many visitors"

"It's alright Princess" Twilight smiled, Luna also smiled.

Luna then turned her attention to her sister, "Your dream was... questionable"

Celestia frowned, "Questionable?"

"Yes, sister. I think some pony is obviously distressed" Luna looked at Twilight for a moment.

Twilight thought of some pony that may be upset but no one in Ponyville was upset, not that she noticed anyway.

"What if it isn't a pony?" Luna said, both Celestia and Twilight realised whom it could be.

"Discord" They both said in unison.

"Precisely" Luna said, "I think that he is going through grief"

"But what does that have to do, with Celestia?" Twilight asked, as Celestia was currently lost in thought.

"I don't know" Luna said, "Perhaps my sister is worried about her old... friend" Luna said with bitterness at the end.

"I can't see why she should be worried about him!" Luna frowned, "He has done too much to us, I have no pity for him"

Luna put her hooves on the desk, her head nested on them.

"Luna..." Celestia muttered, before sighing.

Twilight felt uneasy but tried to defuse the situation,

"I'm not a fan of him myself Luna, after what he did to me and my friends, it hurts but i've learned to forgive him... so please-"

Luna banged her hooves down on the desk, "I will never forgive that monster!"

Twilight stood back in fear, Celestia got to her hooves she had heard enough.

"Sister, what he did is over, I won't make the same mistake twice" Celestia said, "However, I want you, to act professionally and try to form some forgiveness for him... please for my sake?"

Twilight observed them, her fear gone as she saw Luna almost crumble from her sisters words.

"I can't." Luna sighed, trying not to show her tears, "I won't. No matter what you say. I won't forgive him" She suddenly used her magic to teleport Celestia and Twilight away, to the hallway.

The door shut, Twilight put her hooves out but was zapped by a barrier.

"She wont to see us for a while" Celestia said, her face filled with sadness, "I have seen this barrier too many times"

Twilight backed away and followed Celestia to where ever they were going, the mood had changed from cheerful to a thick atmosphere that Twilight could cut it was unbearable.

Luna however sat in her chair, the clock ticking she rubbed her hooves over her eyes numerous times until they were sore she then used her magic to grab a book from a very dusty shelf as it landed on the desk, all other books were thrown to the floor.

She flicked through the vast pages, each one filled with past emotions until one that was by far the most conflicted, angry and emotional page. Luna lit a nearby fireplace that glowed green and she read the page.

"Dear Celestia or should I say, dear Princess the most loved by all! except for me of course. I have learned something today, something that will shock you, something that you hoped that I would never say or write, since it would break your little heart. I have learnt that you are a fool, a pig headed, selfish fool! you took him back! After years of making you the sister that I once knew, to then be taken away from me again! I've tried so hard to keep you from making the same mistake over and over again.

Don't you remember? He would mess everything up and you wouldn't say anything. When me and him had an arguement about you, I fought for you and you betrayed me. You took his side. I staked on my moon that you would take my side over his any day, but no. You strolled into the throne room, with your lucious pink hair and perfect coat and told me off, claiming that I was in the wrong. Whilst he sniggered in the background.

It hurt me, and the moon was also crying for me. The moon only understands me.
So what if he could do things that other stallions could never do?
So what if he could do things in the bedroom that stallions would never do?
So what if he promised to be good and never do anything to the kingdom?
He lies.

After a few days of the bitter silence between us, you came forward expecting me to apologise.
Of course I refused.
I wasn't the pony in the wrong just because you are older, does not mean that you are wiser.
I hate you.

Perhaps once I did look to you once and see this all wise, goddess but now...
I don't wish to hate you, and maybe its petty anger that makes me want to hate you but, I could be so much more.
I want to be loved by everyone else, and if given the chance I could make this place so much better.

But I will wait.
The moon has given me strict instructions on when to strike.
It has promised me the chance to be loved.
I want that more than sitting through meetings, and sitting in the shadows.
My time will come, just wait Tia.

Enjoy whatever it is that you have with that draconequus.
Because when the moon is ready.
I will be the best princess and loved by all!
Your once wonderful sister, Luna."

Luna closed the book, her eyes over flowing with tears each one ice cold.
"So much bitterness" She thought to herself.
"And yet it all feels familiar and still fresh" Luna cast her gaze to the green fire.

She stared at it for a long time, watching the memories of her being in this room, talking to the moon.
The promises of glory and love from others was all that she wanted.
Since at the time Celestia was everything, the pony could do no wrong.
The pony that got everyone's praise, Luna however only got stares.

People mumbling in confusion as to who she was. Why was she next to the princess? After all, who cared about the stars and the unique nights that she would show. The constellations and all that made Luna different was ignored, she was just there to make Celestia look even better.

Luna once again shook herself from the daydream, tired she trotted over to her hidden bed in the bookcase and tried to sleep as the morning was due to come, exhausted she closed her eyes and fell into a deep sleep until it was once again her time to shine.

Celestia by this time was outside her room again, the dark hallways shifted into a bright and beautiful cream colour.
Though she was alone, Twilight had wanted to nip back to her castle and retrieve some data that she aquired for the princess to see.
She didn't want to be alone at this point but nothing can stop Twilight when her mind is fixed on research.

The castle was off limits today, so ordered that once every three months the castle would not be open to the public.
No questions were to be answered, or asked.
It was a day that Celestia wanted to be on her own.
A day that she could relax on, or finish important work.
Whatever it was, it was for her alone.

So with that said, Celestia went into her room and collapsed on her bed.
She sighed heavily and thought deeply about her sister and what she said.

"Your dream sister is nothing to ignore, He has done too much to us, I have no pity for him, I will never forgive that monster!"

Celestia fixed her gaze on what seemed to be nothing, until she focused her eyes and saw something.
Closing her eyes, she got up to her hooves.

Opening them again caused her feel slightly dizzy but she composed herself and walked to her wardrobe.
Using her magic she opened it and sure enough it was a photograph album.
"Our happy times" was written on it.
"Oh" Celestia smiled, "I thought I left this at our old castle"

She laughed lightly and used her magic to put it on the bed. Then she trotted back over towards it and lay down on the floor, a warm fire was lit she then placed the book in front of her. When she opened it, the first picture was of Luna being very young. Celestia turned the page and it was a photo of Luna again but she was in a bath with a much older filly.

"I remember that" Celestia smiled.

However there was a big jump in the photos, seeing as though an 'accident' destroyed the rest of the photos until Celestia was sat on a bench with a rather young draconequus.

Celestia blushed slightly, "We were so young back then"

Her hoof stroked the page she turned the page again and this time, it was a article cut out about the draconequus taking over Equestria and how the princesses were getting ready to strike.

The page next to it however showed a photo of a stone version of Discord.

Underneath the photo was written, "I'm sorry"

Celestia knew it was her writing and remembered the nights where she would cry, and continously beg for forgiveness from a statue.

She closed the book, not wanting to read on or find any other memories that could plague her mind there were happy ones, just like at the start but it all leads to sadness and regret later on everything that Celestia has done, always leads to a grim end.

That could by why she depends on Twilight so much and sends her away to do all the tougher work she and her friends over come everything together, or at least they used to. Which always did help her sleep easier at night, even if she felt guilty about sending another pony to do her work it was always with good intentions and she believed that Twilight could do it, if not then she would do it herself.

She always reasoned that it would benefit her when she became a princess getting experience now would be the best option, Celestia nodded to herself.

Celestia wanted to have one more look through only skip the Discord part she opened past the page and sure enough, it was a photo of her grand opening ceremony it consisted of Celestia cutting a ribbon that would be the entrance to her academy.

A piece of text was written underneath,

"When I read this again, I hope to have to found the one pony that will outshine me and bring peace to all the land so that I may have a friend"

"Twilight..." Celestia mumbled.

Upon turning the page a young filly was their, amongst all the others in the group however she had a bright red circle drawn around her and humorously too Celestia it wrote, "She is the one!"

Celestia chuckled, "How childish of me..."

After turning over various pages of Twilight's development throughout the years, Celestia found a photo of him giving her flowers.

"Who took that?" was her first thought.

In the photo, Discord is winking and she is pastered with surprise.

"Ah yes, I took it the wrong way..." Celestia admitted with a sigh.

She turned the page and realised that, she had put no new pictures in she then put the book on a nightstand, It took her a moment to realise that everything was quiet this was the first time in years that the castle was silent.

"So strange" She thought to herself.

Although it made her think about the one incident in her past.

Books were being thrown across the room, growls and snarls could be heard, he was angry...

"Tia, when are you going to put that sister of yours in her place?" He yelled.

The young Celestia sat on her bed, avoiding his eyes.

"Please forgive her, she is only young and worried about me" Celestia said.

"I'm sick and tired of this!"

He threw more items acorss the room each item had a sickening thud, some of her precious belongings were being destroyed.

Celestia then stood on her hooves, "Enough!" she yelled.

"Do you not think that i'm angry too?" She took a step closer to the angry beast.

"You too are the children here!" She took another step, the beast seemed nervous but still held a serious face.

"If you cannot accept my sister then leave!" By this point she was up close to the beast, her horn in his face.

He narrowed his eyes and said, "You've made big mistake"

He then vanished.

Celestia fell to her knees in defeat.

"Discord..." She cried.

Celestia in the present day got up to her hooves and gazed out of the window.

"I wont make that mistake again my dear sister... I wont..." She gazed up to the sky and watched the moon fall down.

For once in a very long time, she felt at peace.

End of Chapter 2.

Comments ( 7 )

Hmm... how did Fluttershy die? Was it from old age? If so, I find it hard to think the princess still hold a grudge towards Discord after all of that time. Also, I wonder what Luna did to make Discord so angry...

5206138
What if Flutershy was
DUM DUM DUM
..Murdered! :trixieshiftright:

5206317 Well then, Discord is going to murder the murderer.
.....
.....
.....
.... Or what if Discord was so crazy that he got multiple personality disorder and one of the personalities killed Fluttershy! ( DUN DUN DUN!!!! )

5206138 All will be revealed with Fluttershy... mwhaha....
I think that Luna would have some kind of bitterness towards him if he did something to hurt her sister.
Don't forget she was imprisoned for a long time and when she was free again the feelings may still be fresh n all that.
With Celestia though, I think their could be some anger in her...
After all we don't really know much about her and her past with Discord yet.

Hope that kind of clears something up.
I'm not too good at making my stories clear... I have a tendency to trail of and it be more confusing then clear.
But i'll keep going and hopefully it'll all make sense. :pinkiesmile:

5206360 * Shrug * It's most likely because of my obsessive love favoritism towards Discord over everyone else, and the fact that no one has ever done something horrible to me, that I can only see the princesses as ridiculously grudge-y. I mean, it's been over a thousand years since his rule, and if you expect him to learn the magic of friendship, surly you can learn the magic of not keeping grudges like 5 years olds forever. But, at least Tia tried.

5202676
why do they come out evil? Do all thier inhibitions get removed?

5206341 FOOL! Discord would not kill fluttershy because he loved her AND it's shown he has grieved for her. Even if he did have that personality it's a 0.000000000000000000000001% chance that he will do THAT to her.

Login or register to comment