• Published 29th Oct 2014
  • 1,084 Views, 15 Comments

Goodnight Fluttershy - BlindBlossom



Fluttershy has recently passed away and Discord is unsure with how to cope with loss.

  • ...
3
 15
 1,084

Chapter 1.

Twilight Sparkle sat in a wooden chair accompanied by a cushion that her friend Rarity made, after she had complained of have a sore behind, from sitting in the chair too long.
She got her blue pegasis feather, that once belonged to her friend Rainbow Dash.
Twilight proceeded to dip it in some ink a few times and checked to make sure that the ink didn't drip on her paper.

"Dear Princess Celestia," Twilight spoke as she wrote, "I'm sure your aware that my friend, Fluttershy has recently passed away." Twilight stopped for a moment and read through her text, she nodded thinking it wasn't wrong and carried on.
"Believe me or not but I think that i've coped with their deaths rather well, after all it was natural and long ago I prepared myself for this and I plan on coming to Canterlot so we can discuss opening an acedemy to find the next bearers, but for now I have concerns"
Twilight dipped the feather in the ink once more and checked to make sure it wouldn't drip and continued, "It's Discord."
She started a new line.

"He has not took it as well as me, he thinks that I don't care for them anymore and that she deserved to live and not me, I understand his pain but he wont think that" Twilight sighed, "I don't know what to do, he hasn't left her cottage ever since and refuses to allow me to enter or even come near"

"I've tried sending mail to him but no letter gets near, i'm worried that he might... try something that is wrong" thunder struck her window making Twilight jump with fright, however she sighed again and looked at her letter.
"I suppose I should elaberate... recently Zecora has sent a letter to me, Discord wanted odd materials ones that could reanimate someone, or somepony and I think that he plans on resurrecting Fluttershy"

"Should we allow this? i'm not sure, we can't risk him attempting to take over Equestria again, he had no specific reason to take over before, messing with ones grief can cause him to possibly overpower us" Twilight stopped again and looked at her window, rain was pouring heavily and strikes of thunder and lightning continued.

"I hope you can offer a solution soon, Princess. Your ever faithful friend, Twilight Sparkle." She signed it and used her new way of teleportation to send it to the princess.


Discord sat in the house, dark and dreary not like when she was around.
Quiet and lonely, she always knew how to make this old home into a lively place.
In her later years she never really changed, shy, timid and very insecure but whenever the ponies came to insult him or blame him for their problems, she always spoke up and managed to convince them away - Peacefully.

Not like him, one snarl or growl would often send them away but she disapproved of such manner, and at first it was annoying but over time the ponies came to leave him, after they realised that the impossible could occur.
Discord, the lord, no master of chaos could be tamed, but by the one pony that could be regarded as practically invisible, Fluttershy.

Discord allowed a small tear to leave his eye, just the name would bring him close to tears.
The thought that the one pony that could do some magic would be known as princess, a fake one too! it angered him.
"Why?" Discord muttered, "Why does that purple mess live whilst, my pretty has to rot in the ground?"
Not that he would allow such a thing, no, he preserved her body, somewhere, he'd never say where but he did and no one had a clue.

He stood up, wobbled at first but quickly got his balance, he then conjured up a duster and proceeded to dust the cabinet and various animal like knick knacks that she'd found interest in over her final years.

But a single photograph was sat in the middle of the now clean cabinet, it consisted of the mane six sat together laughing.
He wasn't in their friendship group at the time but he still felt a warmth from the setting, he wanted to jump in and relive those years again, he wanted to change what he had done, something that he never would have thought to do.

"Why didn't I confess?" He wondered to himself.
"I had so many chances and oppertunities, so many moments where she was practically begging me to say something but my stubborn nature never wanted to give her the satisfaction" He hit himself with the duster as a form of punishment but needless to say the dust caused him to sneeze, thankfully it was only small and didn't knock over anything nearby but it did however sound like a squeak and that made him jump around thinking it was her, jumping herself with surprise.
His ears flattened when he realised she wasn't there.

He sighed, dropped the duster and walked over to the couch.
He reminisced about the times they sat in front of the fire, specifically in winter.
It made him cringe with anger, but he sat in his spot and looked around the room, memories and scenes from the happy, sad and exciting times.

Images of her were everywhere, not matter where he looked he could see her.
From the time when she first introduced him to the house, to when she needed help up the stairs or the times when her animals would gather round with their bowls.

During her later years, the animals left or died, whichever. Non of that mattered to him unless it meant something to her.
Discord laid back on the chair, particles of dust would swarm around him, he didn't care a click of the finger and it was gone.

However he was weak and exhausted, though he hadn't done anything, just going through this unknown emotion caused his magic and energy to drain away, Zecora said it had something to do with sadness or madness but again, he didn't take her seriously and simply took in a few words.

After all, this emotion and grief will be gone soon.


Celestia had finished her duties for the day and decided to retire to bed early.
However before she managed to take her royal shoes off, a letter came.
Celestia wasted no time reading it, taking in each word.

She simply smiled and collapsed on her bed, its soft quilting desperatly wanting her to embrace it but she fought off sleep and used her magic to bring an old book, paper, quill and ink on her bed.
When it was placed a few yards in front of her, she sat up and placed the paper on top of the book, dipped the quill into the ink and began writing.

"Dear Twilight, I believe that you are indeed taking this rather well and I am proud of you for that.
But do not worry of Discord, the lessons that Fluttershy taught him may very well restrain him from doing any harm.
If however he does stir up trouble then let me know as soon as, since me and Luna will be able to aid you." Celestia fought to keep her eyes open, but she knew that sleep was coming near, so she once again used her magic to put the paper, book, ink and quill to one side, implying that she would finish it when she woke up.

It wasn't professional but she was exhausted.
"I'm not as lively as I once was" Celestia said to herself whilst kicking her shoes and royal outfit off.
She tucked herself under the cover and got into a comfy position, it reminded her of when Discord would visit...
Celestia shook her head and laughed a little, "Move on" she told herself, before losing herself to sleep.