• Published 16th Oct 2014
  • 1,427 Views, 7 Comments

Diamond's denial - MichelleTwistaloo



A short story where Diamond denies everything in between liking Apple Bloom and Going out with her.

  • ...
4
 7
 1,427

How she wished it would happen

She had to give it a shot.

Not that she really wanted to, or wished for it, or had begged for it, or given subtle clues of her desires. No, she didn’t want to, she just had to. After all, who’d want to spend so much time with a quaint, idiotic, pretty, wonderful, smart, amazing......Muddy (but clean) filly? Diamond Tiara, definitively didn’t! And if someone did, she was NOT one of those people.


It all had been a stupid idea anyway, a prank, a dare, not something she had planned and almost didn’t do. The only reason she had stood in front of her room door for so long, thinking of the possibility of how things would turn out if she knocked (she had, after all, gotten in, Applejack doing everything for the daughter of her biggest client), was because Apple Bloom would probably take this too seriously, and not see the joke, the obvious, obvious, joke.

And so what if she had swallowed nervously as she felt her throat closing up and lumps appearing? And the whole sweat thing? It was hot, and they had no air conditioning. The movie tickets for that movie she had overhead Apple Bloom mention she wanted to see (on one of the many many many occasions she overheard her, not spied, spying was bad), two of them? Coincidence! It was not her fault Silver didn’t want to go.

And that hesitation, perfectly alright, and when she finally knocked and lost her breath, not knowing what to say, and just staring, mouth wide opened, at Apple Bloom, that was a mini punch to the pony gut, that came from nowhere and she didn’t feel at all.

The way her smile turned her cheeks red, and made her heart beat? Witchcraft, Apple Bloom was clearly using some sort of mind control spell on her....she couldn’t...she wouldn’t fall in love with the other filly.

That’s what she would have liked to be the truth