• Published 26th Oct 2014
  • 498 Views, 1 Comments

Rotten Apple - Princess Lyla



Braeburn is in love with a certain somepony, but ends up fighting himself for her safety.

  • ...
 1
 498

Loss of a Loved One

Braeburn gave an angry groan and flopped down on his back. The bed bounced and creaked as he fell. Why now? Why her? He thought to him self as he buried his face in his hooves. "I wish I could just crawl in a hole and die..." Sobbing, Braeburn looked outside at Rarity, standing right outside his house. "Look at everypony. Out minding their own business and not even noticing me! Why can't they see what I see? Why can't you hear his lies?" Braeburn yelled as he bust out the door. He turned to Flim. "Your disguise is slipping. You're beginning to fear me. Can you really hear me? I feel you're slipping away, so go ahead! Run away! Spread the word! Tell a friend! Look at him! Not a word! You ponies all need to learn this world is going to burn! No sign of AJ? Good. I would give anything not to have her see the real me." He looked around, hoping not to see his orange cousin. "I don't think you realize who he is, do you? You are not a hero. You never will be."

Braeburn swung in for the first punch. Frightened, Flim jumped out of the way and almost knocked himself over. He did not want to hurt Braeburn, but he had no choice. He stood tall, glaring down at the shorter stallion. Braeburn took this opportunity and lunged. He could've succeeded, but he forgot Flim had magic. "Put me down!" He protested. As the green aura around his body faded, he turned around and kicked the unicorn in the muzzle. Before Flim had time to recover, Braeburn already had him pinned against a large apple tree.

"What do you want from me?" He asked trough gritted teeth. He only received a punch to the face in response. Flim pushed Braeburn off him, only to end up on the ground once more. "Would you just leave me alone?"

"SHAY AHAY FRM RARIHY!" He managed to say through his mouthful of mane. Braeburn let go of Flim and pushed him away. "Why were you-" He started, but was interrupted by a hoof hitting him near his eye. "What was tha-" another hit. "KNOCK IT O-" Flim had finished punching the younger opponent, but it was too late. He had just served a large can of death on Appleoosa. Braeburn charged at the unicorn, causing him to fall dangerously close to the cliffs separating the town from the apple orchard.

"Please, Braeburn, don't-" Before he could finish, Braeburn picked him up by his tie (it was surprisingly easy, since he is a lot larger than Braeburn). The last thing he heard was the screams of a heartbroken Rarity, watching the love of her life being knocked off the edge of a cliff. Not even Rainbow Dash was able to save Flim in time. When she finally caught up, he was already dead.

"Why would you do something like this?" Pinkie had never heard of anypony be murdered before. It was like torture to her fragile heart. Tears ran down her precious face as she sat staring her possible cousin (Pinkie Apple Pie reference).

Everypony was speechless. Even Braeburn didn't know what to do. Terrified, he ran through the crowd searching for Applejack. When he didn't find her, he tried to hide inside his home.