• Published 26th Oct 2014
  • 494 Views, 1 Comments

Rotten Apple - Princess Lyla



Braeburn is in love with a certain somepony, but ends up fighting himself for her safety.

  • ...
 1
 494

Braeburn's Realization

"I'm a monster," Braeburn looked out his window to see everypony mourning the death of Flim. "A horrible, heart-breaking, date-crashing, pony-killing monster!"

"is that so?" a familiar voice, similar to Braeburn's, called to him.

"You!" He turned around to see his guest. "You just had to come and ruin everything, didn't you? Are you happy now? Is this what you wanted?"

The other Braeburn simply closed his eyes and laughed. "You really think you can get rid of me, just like that?! HA! I am a part of you! You cannot destroy me without destroying yourself! I know what you truly want: Rarity."

"Leave me alone! What did I do to deserve this? All I want is my friend back! I don't need you!"

"You think you have complete power over me?! You think you can control me?! You think you can close your eyes and make me disappear?! I am not what you think I am. I am not a dream. I will stay until you die! I am the nightmare that lives on! I am you, and there is nothing you can do to stop me!" He stood tall, surprisingly taller than Braeburn, considering they are the same pony.

"GO AWAY!"

"Soon you will see. This is who you are meant to be."

"No, it's not! I am not a monster! I am not you!"

"Yes, you are. You always have been. Everypony knows that now. They know all about you. Look around. Everypony hates us. Know why? Because you're a monster. Just like always."

"STOP SAYING THAT! I DON'T NEED YOU HERE! I CAN MAKE MY OWN CHOICES! YOU CANNOT CONTROL ME! I AM NOT YOUR PUPPET!"

"Do you want to know why I'm here? I'm here because you keep me here! You need me! You are completely incapable of reaching your destiny without me! I am the only reason you are still alive!" the larger of the two snapped before disappearing into thin air.

"WELL, I- I- I......... am talking to myself..." Braeburn sighed and looked at his reflection in the window. "Maybe he's right. Maybe I am only surviving off his power. Maybe- NO! I don't need him, he needs me!"

Author's Note:

Expect a lot of these Braeburn vs himself chapters. He is going insane after all, so it would make sense for him to talk to another version of himself that only he can see or hear- oops... I'VE SAID TOO MUCH!