• Published 18th Oct 2014
  • 432 Views, 6 Comments

The Adventures of Dragon Charge and Friends: Attack of the Gargoyles - PonyRob



READ ORIGIN OF DRAGON CHARGE FIRST! When an ancient evil returns to bring its wrath upon Equestria, Dragon Charge must battle this evil with his new friends.

  • ...
19
 6
 432

Chapter 6: The Great Emperor Kappo

"Alright, this is it.", Dragon said when all of them were just outside the throne room. "I just want to say before we do this, I'm glad to have met you all. Critic, you helped me get through some of the crummiest parts of my childhood, and have been there ever since."

Critic smiled. "And I'd do it again if I had another life to live.", he admitted.

Dragon continued. "Tenacity, you threw yourself at the gargoyles for a bunch of ponies you didn't even know. That takes guts."

Tenacity smiled at this.

"Retro... look, I don't know what you saw in that mirror, but you'll always be a hero to us.", Dragon reassured.

Retro Teared up a bit. "Thanks guys, you're the best. Group hug?"

Dragon nodded in agreement and they all embraced.

Once they were finished, Dragon plotted the course of action.

"You guys distract the grunts. I'll take on their leader. I'm the one who lost the Elements anyway, so I must get them back."

Tenacity spoke up. "Umm... I can only use magic when I'm angry." She then felt a sudden painful pressure on her front left hoof.

"Angry yet?", Critic asked.

She answered, "No, mildly annoyed."

Dragon then looked her in the eyes. "Look, these gargoyles have killed innocents, turned my mentor to stone, and now reside in a high security castle like a bunch of cowards."

Tenacity's eyebrows wrinkled in anger as Dragon continued.

"Do they care about life, our loved ones, our very homes? No, they don't, because they're a bunch of no good, scumbag-"

Suddenly Tenacity's eyes turned scarlet as she angrily finished his sentence.

"MONSTERS!", she said. She then smiled at Dragon. "Let's mess 'em up!"

The group then entered the room to find Kappo sitting on his throne, both Luna and Celestia at his side as statues.

"I had my men bring them here. The decor in this place needed that royal touch."

"Emperor Kappo, your reign has ended! I am Dragon Charge, hear me roar!", he declared, transforming into a lion instead of a dragon. "Close enough!", he said.

As the others charged into battle, Critic noticed two swords and a shield on the wall, so he grabbed one of the swords and charged at the nearest gargoyle, engaging in swordplay.

Their blades clashed as over on the other side of the room, Tenacity used her magic to manipulate the bricks in the castle, as did her gargoyle foe, the two sending their projectiles flying at each other before they both got the idea to encase themselves in the stone, making stone suits to fight in. Tenacity swung her stone fists at the creature, only for him to block and throw a rock punch of his own, hitting her in the face and knocking her down. She got up and gave him a nasty uppercut.

Meanwhile, Retro engaged in battle with another gargoyle. "Retro Geek Powerup! Cannon of Mechaman!", he said, an arm cannon forming on his hoof. He then fired shots of pure energy at the beast, but they merely slowed his foe down as it ran towards him.

In the midst of all this, Kappo laughed at Dragon. "You fools! The Elements are mine, and there's nothing you can do to stop me", he gloated, holding the Elements up in the air.

Dragon ran at him in his lion form, tackling the Emperor and roaring at him. Kappo grabbed his face and headbutted it.

He then took the elements and flew to the roof of the castle's highest tower, Dragon climbing after him, hoping for a surprise attack opportunity.

"Face it, freedom is over for you ponies!", The Emperor laughed.

Dragon tried to pounce on him from behind, but Kappo saw him and turned around to grab him by the throat. "You're finished, and there will be a great cry in the land after I take care of you and your friends, Wahahah!"

However, the Elements slowly floated out of Kappo's hands and onto Dragon and his friends. The Elements of magic and loyalty to Dragon, the Element of laughter to Critic, the Elements of generosity and honesty to Tenacity, and the Element of kindness to Retro.

Dragon smiled at the horrified and confused expression on the Gargoyle King's face.

"Looks like they know who their masters are and when they're needed.", Dragon smirked.

Then the elements created a widespread burst of light all throughout Equestria. Celestia and Luna were back to normal, as were all of the children who had been turned to stone, and the gargoyles became mere statues once again.

The four ponies came together at the center of the castle to congratulate each other, as well as appreciate the fact that they were all still alive.

The next day, a ceremony was held to honor the new heroes of Equestria. Even Old Man Frank showed up to give his congratulations. A few days later, Dragon invited Tenacity and Retro to the castle, and they, along with Critic, played video games,(Tenacity beating Retro pretty badly in Super Smash Fillies), had lunch and watched Critic pull pranks on the royal guards.

Karen had not forgotten Retro, and when he had his head turned talking to the others, she pecked him on the cheek and ran off to the kitchen before he could turn to see her. "That was wierd", Retro muttered.

At the end of the day, Tenacity said something that really stuck with Dragon. As they were leaving, she turned back. "We should do this more often." Dragon nodded. He decided that they would hang out at least once every month,(though it was usually more often than that.) and that's how the friendship of the new heroes of Equestria began.

As he went to his bedroom, Dragon was stopped in the hallway by Luna.

"I'm glad you're okay. Have the gargoyles been taken care of?" Dragon asked her.

"Yes, they have been thrown into Tartarus. You've no reason to worry.", she assured him. Just before he walked into his room, she spoke again. "You really are destined for greatness, wouldn't you say?", she spoke, unknowingly saying the same words Dragon's Mother's note had left him with as a baby. "Well done, my student. I am proud to have you as my pupil."

Dragon immediately embraced her. "Thank you, Luna. Goodnight."

Comments ( 6 )
Comment posted by ShadowblazeCR deleted Nov 16th, 2014

Should I be worried that the only comment to be written on this story so far was deleted?

I haven't read this story but it has to many chapter to be a story with only 5000+ words. Maybe you should have made it into a one-shot.

There are several problems with this, not the least of which is the length. Just over 5000 words spread out over six chapters? What possible reason could you have to release something so... light? And by light I mean it's light on words, plot and general storytelling.

Secondly you're not actually telling a story so much as just putting words down on paper. In the prologue you have ponies living in peace and then gargoyles. For no reason. They just suddenly show up like that without any explanation or rational reason behind it. You might want to consider telling a story first. Tell us why the gargoyles are showing up. Have us sit in on the reason they're invading. Maybe a little background on this.

But no, it's just BOOM. Gargoyles. Next scene!

This isn't your average everyday minor cancer, this is advanced cancer.

Login or register to comment