• Published 18th Oct 2014
  • 431 Views, 6 Comments

The Adventures of Dragon Charge and Friends: Attack of the Gargoyles - PonyRob



READ ORIGIN OF DRAGON CHARGE FIRST! When an ancient evil returns to bring its wrath upon Equestria, Dragon Charge must battle this evil with his new friends.

  • ...
19
 6
 431

Prologue - The Gargoyles

Long ago, in the land of Equestria, the ponies lived in peace. The two alicorn sisters ruled over the land, providing peace, prosperity and safety to their grateful citizens.

But peace is merely a dream, and sooner or later, it all comes crashing down. One day, an army of powerful gargoyles made their way to the ponies' home, and mercilessly attacked it. Led by the ruthless Emperor Kappo, they slaughtered and pillaged the land with no consideration for the lives of the innocents.

Hearing their people's cry, the two sisters battled the gargoyles to no avail. Finally, they used the Elements of Harmony to transform their deadly foes into statues, trapped within stone, forced to kneel in place for a thousand years, and sent to their old castle in the Everfree Forest.

The lives lost that day nearly shattered the ponies' confidence in their rulers and protectors, but over time, it was restored.

Unfortunately, a thousand years is a mere blink of an eye to an immortal alicorn, and soon, the spell would be broken. Soon, Kappo's great army would be free to reign terror on all ponykind, and Equestria would need a hero.