• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 4,611 Views, 253 Comments

SIEG EQUESTRIA! - Macross84



Sgt Michael Black has found himself in a land far removed from the hellish fighting of the "One Year War". Yet, even here in the land of Equestria, dark clouds of battle loom over the horizon.

  • ...
13
 253
 4,611

The Battle for the Crystal Empire Pt. 3: Throw Down

The crystal ponies cried out in fear as the large crystalline golem slowly turned towards them. It loomed over the buildings, and the street like a demonic giant. Its beady, sickly yellow eyes glowed with malice as it regarded the crystal ponies that cowered behind the powerful shield that Luna held. Luna looked down her muzzle at the monster. She was determined to ensure that it would not set one foot beyond the shield. Just outside the shield, the guards readied their weapons. They knew that if they challenged the creature directly, it would easily crush them. Yet, they would gladly make that sacrifice to protect the ponies behind the shield.

The creature let out a blood curdling screech as it ground two large chunks of crystals together. The ponies flopping their ears back against their skulls to try, and deaden the sound that felt like needles stabbing at their eardrums. Not even Luna was immune to the pain as she cringed back in pain. The creature took a large lumbering step towards the shield. Its footfalls sending a small tremor through the ground, causing foals to scurry to their parents to hide beneath them. The guards raised their spears, steeling their resolve as the creature approached.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

The sound of twin super heavy machine guns tore though the air, sounding like cloth being ripped, and amplified through a megaphone. The 40mm rounds slamming hard into the broad back of the large creature causing it to howl, and turn its attention to its attacker. Roaring down the boulevard, the Guntank's treads ripped through the cobble stone as it careened directly towards the Golem. Inside both Lilith, and Aleki roared in anger at the creature that would dare to harm the innocent.

The Guntank ceased its assault right before it slammed into the golem. Driving its 80 ton bulk against the crystal monstrosity, the creature sent flying into the ground. The guards quickly scattering so they would not be caught up in the street brawl, and crushed. Inside the mobile suit, both Aleki, and Lilith, were violently jostled around. Just barely kept in their seats by their harnesses. Lilith snapped her head up with a snarl curling her plush lips.

"Git down, and stay down you sumvabitch!" Lilith barked as she watched the Golem try to push itself up.

It would not get very far before a large heavy appendage came crashing down across the back of shoulders, and head. The Lilith drew back the heavy machine gun arm right before bringing down the other arm upon it and slamming the creature with the strength to leave a spider web of cracks upon it, but not much else.

"Reverse! Reverse!" Lilith suddenly called out. Alerting Aleki to a retaliatory attack that was coming their way.

The meter wide tracks of the Guntank clawed into the chewed up street, pulling the mobile suit back, and narrowly avoiding a swipe that would have ripped the right track off the runner. The Guntank continued to reverse as the Golem climbed back to its feet. With a furious screech, it started to give chase to the retreating Guntank, and was quickly gaining upon it.

"What's the plan, Sargent!?" Aleki called up to Lilith.

"We keep it busy, and away from the ponies until Michael gets here. He is the front line fighter, not us." Lilith called back.

"Roger dat!" Aleki called back as he once more focused on his driving. Though the creature was approaching alarmingly fast.

"Faster, we must go faster!" Lilith called down.

"Can't! We only have the one reverse gear." Aleki called back up as he had the accelerator to the floor. The tachometer bouncing at the redline.

Lilith was about to say something, but a flash of yellow caught her eye. When she looked up, she hissed out a curse right before she pulled on her control levers. Instantly the Guntank responded by bringing both of its arms in, and crossed them in front of its torso, trying to block the oncoming assault. it was the Guntank's only real way to try and shield itself. Sparks flew, and heavy armor screamed in protest as crystal, and metal clashed. If not for the fact that the Guntank was constructed to be so bottom heavy to serve as a stable gun platform from the outset, it would have been very likely that that Guntank would have been knocked onto its side, and rendered helpless. However, the most that happened was that the Guntank was lifted off its left track right before it came crashing down again. Yet, it was enough to daze both pilots. Meaning precious time would needed for them to recover. Time that the did not have.

The creature let out a triumphant screech as it appeared that it knocked it opponent senseless. It closed in, ready to deliver the killing blow when something struck its back. Causing the Golem to stagger forward before turning to see what hit it. On the ground was the shattered remains of a ballista bolt. A dull "Fwip" was heard immediately right before another large bolt smashed into the Golem's shoulder. Like the first, it shattered into splinters against the hard crystal surface. The creature turned its attention down the smashed road, and saw the pony guards had set up some defenses while the Guntank was keeping it busy.

"Hurry up, and charge that weapon, Guardpony!" Flash Sentry called out as he held two ballista bolts in his wings.

Three ballista were hastily retrieved from the Palace armory, and set up while the Guntank was leading the golem away. Though ,seeing the blow that the Guntank took, the ponies decided now was time to hit back. To aid those that would do battle on their behalf. The ballista were originally used against heavily armored Griffon cavalry, and smaller dragons. The Crystal Pony crews pulled on the cranks that pulled the thick leather bands tight right before Flash Sentry set a bolt on the rail.

"Ready!" Shining Armor ordered as as he raised his hoof.

The crews locked down last of the cranks before moving away from the sides of the unit to behind it to aim the machines.

"Aim!" Shining Armor commanded as he looked down the line of the three poised siege weapons.

The gleaming tips of the bolts shone in the sun as the firing crews made their last adjustments.

"Fire!" Shining Armor declared as he dropped his hoof.

The air broke with three consecutive thwaks from the large wooden crossbows that sent their deadly payload sailing down range. Both Flash Sentry, and Shining Armor watched each bolt lazily spin while in flight. The expression on the Guard Captain/Prince, and his Lieutenant was grim determination. Each one of the guards, and the ponies that they protected praying that the bolts would at least cripple the beast so that their human friends can take it down for good.

Each bolt slammed, and subsequently shattered against the creature's thick forelimbs as it mimicked the Guntank's defensive posture. The bolts doing nothing more than breaking off a couple chips of crystal of the Golem's limbs.

"Quick! Reload, Reload!" Flash Sentry ordered as several privates were gathering up more bolts to load into the siege weapons.

However, the creature would not let them get off another volley as with a mighty swing of its left arm, a dozen four foot long crystalline spears were sent sailing back at the valiant defenders of the Crystal Empire.

"KISS THE DIRT!" One Guardpony shouted right before he, and the others dove to try, and avoid being speared.

Shining Armor's horn glowed as he concentrated. Quickly, a powerful shield was erected to deflect the incoming spears. Yet, it would be for naught as the spears struck, and shattered Shining's shield like wet tissue paper. Shining Armor would just have enough time move his head just enough to avoid getting it taken off by one of the spears. Yet sparks flew as the spear carved a deep furrow into the side of his helmet before continuing onward behind him.

The Ponies behind the greater shield of Luna's all cried out as they watched their Prince's shield be torn asunder. Luna's horn glowed brighter as she put more power into her own shield. The extra strength stopped the crystal assault, but just barely. Looking down, it was quite sobering for the Princess of the Night to see seven of the crystal spears had pierced halfway through her shield, and were presently lodged there. The other 5 were impaled into the street, and smashed the siege weapons that were used against the golem. One of the pony engineers had also fallen to the crystalline javelins. Pinned in place as his blood started to pool around the body.

The ponies looked on in terror as the Golem was drawing back its right arm to send another volley. Luna was putting more magic into the shield to prevent its breech when the large drum like appendage of the Guntank came crashing down directly on top of the Golem's head. Staggering it into a small house that was crushed underneath the creature's considerable bulk.

"You forgot about us already asshole!? We ain't fucking through with you yet!" Lilith shouted over the Guntank's PA.

The very next instant, the twin heavy Machine guns of the Guntank opened up against the fallen abomination. Not giving it a chance to stand up again. 40mm brass shell casings rain down from the two arms, and clinked against the machine's tracks, and bounced upon the ground.

"Lily, keep an eye on the ammo! We still not sure if the Ponies can make more!" Aleki called up to his partner, hitting buttons and switches with the grace of a conductor directing a symphony.

"Dammit, I know! But we need to keep it occupied until Michael can get here!" Lilith growled back as she stopped firing due to the machine guns getting overheated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inside the shield, Luna used her magic to work the spears out of her shield to make it whole again. Luna shivered as she felt the last one slip out. The fact that the spears nearly passed through her shield had surprised her. Had she not reinforced it in time, goodness knows what would have happened to her beloved little ponies. Yet the fact that the attack did partially work disturbed her. Just how powerful was this creature that it could pierce an Alicorn's shield!? What wellspring of evil did it draw strength from?

While Luna's magics tended to lend themselves to more offensive, than defensive tactics. Her shields were only second to her Sister's. This was a very disturbing development, and Celestia had to be notified as soon as possible.

"Auntie, we have to do something!" Cadence's voice cut into Luna's musings.

Luna turned to the Princess of Love, and could see the worry, and concern for her subjects on her face. Cadence was so much like Celestia, and that warmed Luna's heart. She was going to speak, and explain why they were very limited in their options, but another voice cut in, and it had Luna chuckling as it could only belong to one brilliant pony.

"We can't mix magics!" Twilight stated as she joined the two other Alicorns on the balcony.

"What do you mean? Unicorns mix magics all the time. Especially during competition, and duels" Cadence replied, clearly confused.

"Yes, but that is "Unicorn" magic. Essentially the same considering the source. Unicorns are still ponies, and are basically trained in the same types of magic as other Unicorns." She began to explain, as Luna nodded. This was all old hat for her.

"However, what this creature is, and is made from. It possess very highly concentrated amounts of Chaos magic. Chaos magic is inherently unpredictable by itself, and there is absolutely no telling what would happen if we mix Alicorn magic in with it." Twilight stated, clearly concerned.

"What about your fight against Discord? You used magic then, didn't you?" Cadence asked.

"We used the Elements of Harmony against him. And there is very little we know, and understand about the Elements." Twilight replied.

"Tis true. Sister, and I also don't fully understand the Elements of Harmony for they're a magic far older than we ourselves. They're from a time when our mother, Faust, was quite young." Luna affirmed. "But there is also more." She added, causing the two other Alicorns to look at her, begging her to continue.

"It twas a bitter pill that Celestia, and I had to swallow centuries ago when we first took power. At the time, we tried to solve all the worlds problems, no matter how small. Yet, the more problems we solved, the more problems were brought to our hooves. Our beloved little ponies are a growing race, and they still have so much to learn, and do. Yet, for them to truly grow, they have to do for themselves. Over come obstacles on their own, and see for themselves what they're truly capable of." Luna explained before she gestured down to the guards.

The Guards were busy cleaning up the destroyed remains of the ballista with Shining Armor, and Flash Sentry both helping, and directing the other ponies.

"Our little ponies are an amazingly strong race. They can accomplish so much. It is Celestia, and I's greatest wish to see a day when our beloved little ponies will no longer have need for us." Luna admitted with a wistful smile. It was a day both were looking forward to, and were afraid to see come. "They also have valiant protectors in these Humans that appeared." Luna stated with a warm smile. More than willing to take back her previous insults, and thoughts when she peeked into Michael's dreams, and memories.

"Protectors? It appears they're doing just as much damage as the creature." Cadence stated as she gazed down the chewed up boulevard, and the several destroyed buildings that tarnished the once pristine empire.

"A Kingdom is not found within the brick, and mortar of its buildings, but within the hearts, and minds of its subjects." Twilight stated confidently. Causing the other two Alicorns to look at her. A mischievous smirk upon Luna's lips. Twilight quickly blushed, and lowered her head. "I-it's something I heard Princess Celestia say once." She quickly explained.

"Indeed, and quite the wise words." Luna stated before extending one of her wings to point at the ponies below taking shelter just underneath the crystal castle. "Look upon your ponies, dear niece. There is your Kingdom. They're safe, and protected. They witness the selfless act of those that would put their own lives upon the scales for them." Luna announced with pride.

Cadence looked down, and saw that indeed her ponies were safe. Some even cheering the Guntank as it faced off with the Golem that threatened their peace.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Golem climbed back to its feet as it glared murder, and malice at the clunky thing that would stand in its way. In a fit of rage, it started to thrash its large over sized limbs wildly. Smashing debris, and sending tremors rippling through the ground. Grinding its rock, and crystaline body to cause ear splitting cries.

"Awww, poor baby don't like that he is not the biggest on the block?" Lilith mocked with a snarl.

As if the Creature heard her, it stopped, and glared at the Guntank before it. It took a menacing step towards the Guntank, but Aleki didn't move the mobile suit back. He gripped the controls, and glared right back at the monstrosity. He stared a Zaku II in the eye when he was part of the Federation's fledgling Anti-Mobile suit teams. So this creature was nothing compared to the might of the Zeon Zakus. He could see the ponies huddling, and watching. Foals by their parents looking up with hopeful eyes that the danger may be thwarted, and peace brought back to their simple lives. Aleki will return that peace. Lilith will return that Peace. Michael will return that peace. They have blood on their hands. So what is a little more?

"Damn! I wanna use the big guns, but we're too close, and I don't have time to set up the shot." Lily growled as she stared at the creature as it closed the distance. She switching back to her Heavy Machine guns. The Guntank's arms raised in preparation to fire, and absorb the recoil. "Sure would be nice if MIchael could hurry up, and join us. this is so much fun. She sneered.

Once more the horrendously deafening roar of the Guntank's machine guns tore through the air. Causing many ponies to lay their ears flat against their skulls to try, and soften the noise. Yet it did little to quiet the bedlam as 40mm rounds smashed against Stone, and Crystal. Breaking off minuscule fragments of the crystal that sounded like rain as they showered upon the streets below. The Golem brought its thick arms up once more to shield against the murderous onslaught of the Guntank as it slowly trod forward into the hail of lead being thrown against it. Trying to close the distance for another attack upon its opponent.

"Michael, feel free to join in at anytime!" Lilith growled at the dangling crystal that bounced around on the string. An urgent warning of the quickly diminishing ammo flashing upon her displays trying to draw her attention.

"Ah, and here I thought you wanted all the glory." Michael's voice resonated smugly from the crystal.

The next instant, a three story building to the Golem's right suddenly exploded outward, showering the Golem in masonry, and debris. The Golem didn't even have time to stop, or turn when something huge plowed right into it. From the cloud of debris, the Zaku emerged, and drove its spiked pauldron into the creature's side. In the next instant, Michael brought the Zaku's glowing heat hawk down upon the Golem's shoulder. With its immense strength it succeeded in driving it into the building across the street, a small bakery with an apartment upstairs. The two giants immense weight easily crushed the building completely underneath their titanic bulk. There, before the Golem, and the Guntank, stood the towering titan that was the Zaku II.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the Golem crashed into the bakery, deep within a consciousness was slowly emerging from the void. Cinnamon colored eyelids slowly opened as dark brown eyes took in the blurry world. Everything was colored in a dingy yellow, and sounds were distinctly muffled.

Where am I?

The thought was uttered through a confused, and weary mind. The consciousness felt weak, and lethargic as limbs that wanted to move wouldn't.

What's going on?

Everything was like a slowly dissipating yellow fog. Though as Cinnamon Bun looked out of her prison, she would see a glowing red orb staring right back at her. In her deepest soul, a chill stabbed at her. Filling her with a dread that numbed her body. She wanted to scream, scream as loud as her lungs could, but all she could muster was silence, and fear. Quickly more, and more of her situation dawned on her as she tried to move, but it wasn't that her limbs wouldn't respond. It was because they simply couldn't move. She was trapped!

Panic threatened to overwhelm her. The towering creature before her holding the glowing ax was not diminishing her panic in any way. What was that thing!? In her panic stricken mind, Cinnamon Bun completely forgotten about the biggest talk that had dominated her patrons's conversations for the last couple of weeks. About the strangers that appeared, and their strange machines. She always simply passed it off as idle gossip. If there was one thing that Cinnamon Bun learned running her shop, Ponies loved their gossip. However, she would now find out that the Reality was stranger than Fiction.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thanks for holding the fort, and keeping the ponies safe. I'll take it from here." Michael stated as he moved his Zaku between the battered Guntank, and the Golem that was slowly regaining its feet.

"Gladly, though you didn't tell us that it can hurl crystal spears!" Lilith barked in frustration from having that bit of information withheld from her.

"Do what!?" Michael asked. The Zaku even twisted its torso to look at the Guntank. "The one in ponyville didn't do that." He defended.

"Either way, be careful! That thing packs a wallop!" Lilith stated. "We're going to reposition near the shield. We're low on machine gun ammo, but we'll be a last line of defense." She explained even as Aleki was turning the base of the Tank around to move around the two combatants, and moved the guntank towards the the shield.

"Understood. Hopefully you all weakened it enough that I can finish it off quickly." Michael replied as he turned his attention back to the Golem.

The creature rose back to its feet, and turned towards the Zaku. It let out a crumbling groan as it drug rock against crystal in anger while its beady eyes stared into the brightly glowing monocamera of the Zaku. Though the Golem would not get long to try, and intimidate the green clad giant before the large ax came down hard upon the Golem's left shoulder. Causing the golem to stagger to the left right before a left hook from the Zaku slammed into side of the creature's head. Showering sparks, and chunks of rock all over the ground.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at the palace, The three Alicorns watched the fight shift into a new phase with the arrival of the Zaku. Though Cadence was not particularly happy about Michael's entrance, Luna was barely containing her excitement as it was so like the ancient gladiatorial games she frequented when she was much younger. Perhaps she could convince Celestia to bring them back. For Twilight, this was a very educational experience as she wasn't allowed to observe the fight in Ponyville with the last creature. Parchment was flying as her beloved ball point pen scrawled across the rough parchment at a blistering pace.

"I hope Michael remembers to see if he can spot a trapped pony inside the creature." Twilight stated as she watched the fight with a mixture of trepidation, and fascination.

"Twilight Sparkle, do you not have the crystal that would allow you to communicate with the pilot?" Luna reminded her sisters favorite student before she summoned a pair of opera glasses to get a better view of the fight.

Twilight blinked a moment before she realized that yes, she did have a way to communicate to Michael. She levitated the crystal up, and used her magic to trigger it.

"Michael? Michael? Please be careful, there might be a pony trapped inside." Twilight cautioned.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Michael? Michael? Please be careful, there might be a pony trapped inside." Michael growled a bit as the tinny voice of Twilight Sparkle emanated from the crystal that was swinging wildly from the string that looked in constant danger of snapping in two. This Golem was proving to be even stronger than the last two. His Heathawk was not cutting as deep, and he didn't want to use his Machine Gun inside the city from fear of ricochets or misses.

"Damn it." He seethed before he brought the Zaku's arms in, and the shield plate around front to defend against the Golem's attack.

The twin appendages of the Golem came crashing down hard against the strong armor, and shield of the Zaku, threatening to cause the knees to buckle underneath the tremendous force of the blows. As the Golem drew back its arms for another assault Michael moved the Zaku in, driving the pommel of the Heat Hawk down into the joint between the creature's head, and its torso. He also wedged the Zaku's shoulders between the two arms of the golem to make it difficult for it to get a full swing upon him. With the Creature temporarily immobilized, Michael quickly panned the camera around the torso to see if He could locate a pony inside like the one in Ponyville. He remembered that the one in Ponyville fell to pieces when the pony was removed from the body. He hoped that this would be the same.

"Come On, where are you?" He hissed as he flicked between the types of cameras. Eventually flicking over to Thermals. "Ah ha! There you are!" Michael grinned as he spotted a hot spot that had a very pony shape to it on the left side of the Creature's chest. "Now, just to get you out of there." Michael mused before working the controls once more.

The Zaku pushed the enormous golem back, opening up space between them before drawing its right arm, and the glowing heat hawk back. The Mobile Suit then took a step forward, and threw its weight into the swing. The super heated ax whistled as the blade sliced through the cool air of the Crystal Empire right before it smashed into the shoulder joint, staggering the Golem once more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the first story window of a vacated house, three sets of eyes observed the fight with growing apprehension.

"Boss Pony not gonna like this!" Rover stated as he watched the fight waging before the three.

"He gonna yell, and throw magic around." Fido cringed as he peeked over the Window sill.

"What we do!?" Spot asked as he looked at his two cohorts.

"We find crystal that boss pony wants. We take it to him. Then he'll reward us with gems like promised!" Rover declared greedily.

The other two "ooo'd" in delight as they could only imagine the mountain of gems they would be swimming in once they get that pretty pretty crystal!

"Why Boss Pony want Crystal!? Crystal not gem. Crystal stoopid! It not even fit in treasure chest!" Fido gruffed.

"Who cares! Gems! GEMS!" Rover growled back, almost salivating at the prospect of all those Gems. "Come on! We have to get that Crystal!" Rover barked as he started to race for the hole in the floor. The other two quickly following after him down the hole before it was quickly filled in.

Author's Note:

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope you enjoyed this chapter of SIEG EQUESTRIA!

Please join us next time on your favorite Zaku Channel, and Favorite Zaku Time for

The Battle for the Crystal Empire Pt. 4: Triumphs, and Defeats.